Centres in Auckland

List childcare centres throughout NZ who support cloth use. List centres that don't support cloth use.
shellbell
TNN convert

Post by shellbell » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:03 pm

The Busby Street Daycare in Blockhouse Bay has several babies in cloth.
Some in MCNS and some in flat whites.

tt
TNN newbie

Post by tt » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:51 pm

Tinytown Learning Centres Ltd, 71 Reeves Rd, Pakuranga, ph 576 8201 support both cloth and diposable nappies also have cloth training pants available for purchase when toilet training begins.

fuzzibum
TNN convert

Whitford kindy

Post by fuzzibum » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:19 pm

new baby centre are going to be taking my bub in cloth. they did balk when i first mentioned it as they thought i meant the old red stripers!!
It is a brand new centre and I was obviously the first to ask about it.
I looked at penguins on whitford road and the woman there just point blank refused to discusss it. said it was "against policy" to use cloth.

personally I dont see the diff between changing a fully contained cloth nap and a toilet training kid who has peed and possibly worse thru everything including thier shoes. the cloth nappys go home each day, what is the attraction to keeping a rubbish bag full of everybody else's kid's poo for a week???

anyway, the only stipulation whitford has is i have to make them all up (stuff the pockets) so they are all ready to go.
My girl cant handle being in sposies for any length of time so it was a biggy for us to find a centre that would support cloth.
feels kinda good that i've started the ball rolling at a brand new centre too. just hope we dont strike any probs and they then refuse to use them!!

fuzzibum
TNN convert

Post by fuzzibum » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:21 pm

oops that should say whitford kindy's new baby centre.
i'm outa practice on here lol :lol:

nicant
TNN newbie

BCNZ in Henderson

Post by nicant » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:28 pm

Hi, can you tell me which centre BCNZ in Henderson is? I'm about to change jobs, and therefore move Kees to a new daycare in Henderson.

As an aside I went to Cranwell park daycare and they refused to use cloth nappies, said they were unhygenic (like a big bin of disposables is). I also visited Old MacDonalds and they were more than happy fo rme to use them.
n.
aka Kees' mum
[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://b1.lilypie.com/Plqpp12/.png[/img][/url]

fuzzibum
TNN convert

Post by fuzzibum » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:50 pm

:lol:
yay we have been at whitford early learning centre (Howick) for 6 weeks now and there is no prob with the cloth nappys. I did even offer to provide disposable liners as was worried they would see it as a hassle having to empty poo but they are fine.

they dont rinse, well i've not had a nappy come home that looks like it needs to be rinsed, but they dont mind at all. they have had new staff start and as far as i know its not a prob. I"m the only one that uses cloth there.

Petals
TNN guru

Post by Petals » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:18 pm

tt wrote:Tinytown Learning Centres Ltd, 71 Reeves Rd, Pakuranga, ph 576 8201 support both cloth and diposable nappies also have cloth training pants available for purchase when toilet training begins.

This reads like an advertisement and was written by a member with only 1 post, & who joined the day they posted. :detective:
Kylie

aussiemum
TNN guru

Post by aussiemum » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:58 pm

I was just reading through some older posts and noticed one from a lady at a child care centre, and she said changing cloth was more time-consuming. I don't know how it could take longer unless they rinsed them!
I'm Tamara, Mum to Gorgeous Joshie 9, Delightful David 6 & Step-Mum to Sweet Sarah 16
Adoptive Mum to Jess & Louise my furbabies.

"If it wasn't for the last minute, I wouldn't get anything done!"

paris'mum
TNN newbie

Post by paris'mum » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:05 pm

Does anyone know of any centres around the Onehunga, Royal Oak, Greenlane, Mt Wellington areas that support cloth?? Starting to look into all my options...

LaraB
TNN nerd

Post by LaraB » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:05 am

Should really add the three daycares we have used who support cloth: We are out west, so heres some west auckland centres!

Hobsonville Kohanga (ill come back and put on the full name when i find it)

Y Kids, Massey, Don Buck Road

Hobsonville Childcare on Clarke Road Hobsonville.

The first two took my son last year and had no issues with cloth, i provided flushable liners and they were happy with using a wetbag and sending them home.

DS starts as Hobsonville this year, and they have been very supportive so far, have another in cloth, and have said i can bring in a bucket to put in their laundry if I wish. I noticed their paperwork says "prefer disposables" but so far they have been really helpful. Couldnt ask for more really :D .
<-----My little munchkin

rebeccal
TNN nerd

Post by rebeccal » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:02 pm

I've just been checking out childcare in Te Atatu and I'm pleased to report that the ABC Learning Centre (Peninsula) and the Kimberley Centre (South) have both said they would be OK with using cloth. The Kimberley Centre even went so far as to say they had nappysan and a washing machine - not sure if that was an offer!

Toni&Caitlin
TNN newbie

Post by Toni&Caitlin » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:03 pm

BAH! I wish I'd seen this thread 2 months ago! :cry:
DD is in a fantastic centre (Kiwi Kids in Avondale) but alas - sposies only.
They said the ONLY reason they won't do cloth is because they didn't have the room to store dirty cloth nappies for anymore than a couple of kids and if they agreed to a couple then the whole centre might want to go cloth (if only!!!!), reason enough to get a bigger changing room then I would have thought :wink:
Toni
[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://b3.lilypie.com/vxjWp12/.png[/img][/url]
Agent for Honey Child Pocket Nappies

MrsB
TNN nerd

Post by MrsB » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:41 pm

Thought I might add here that the creche at the Glenfield Leisure Centre on Auckland's North Shore is happy to use cloth, I don't know if there are any other kiddos in cloth but they just return any dirty ones to me in a plastic bag - usually with poo removed. They have also been fine so far with doing them up properly (I send DD with fuzzis), so can't complain really!
Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being. ~ Kittie Franz ~

** The Bird's Nest is now up & running - contact me for a list of licensed knits :D **

Mama to two little women - July 06 & 09
& two angels 07 & 08
:storkboy: June 2012

sunbird73
TNN nerd

Post by sunbird73 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:46 pm

Thought I might add here that the creche at the Glenfield Leisure Centre on Auckland's North Shore is happy to use cloth, I don't know if there are any other kiddos in cloth but they just return any dirty ones to me in a plastic bag - usually with poo removed. They have also been fine so far with doing them up properly (I send DD with fuzzis), so can't complain really!

Yup - they are awesome there! My boy is there in cloth (occasionally :oops: )

Also Meadowood community creche on the North shore are very good, and have had no worries about managing DS2's cloth naps. They will flush poo if its easy too :) And I have graduated from always leaving him with BG's (velcro) to totally snaps LOL and they managed it perfectly!
They are really lovely - big thumbs up!! :smt023
DS 12yrs, DD 9yrs, and DS 6....

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://b2.lilypie.com/lKR4p13/.png[/img][/url]

rochellej
TNN guru

Post by rochellej » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:56 pm

sunbird73 wrote:
Also Meadowood community creche on the North shore are very good, and have had no worries about managing DS2's cloth naps. They will flush poo if its easy too :) And I have graduated from always leaving him with BG's (velcro) to totally snaps LOL and they managed it perfectly!
They are really lovely - big thumbs up!! :smt023

Maia used to go there up until April this year... they are luffly in there, we miss them lots!
Rochelle

Daniel - 2002
Maia - 2004
Ava - 2006

Return to “Childcare Centres that Support Cloth (Public)”