Centres in Auckland

List childcare centres throughout NZ who support cloth use. List centres that don't support cloth use.
wuz
TNN newbie

Post by wuz » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:15 pm

Just want to add that the Massey Uni ECC is still ok with cloth, still sending them home in a plastic bag for you. They said that lots of people in there use cloth.

rochellej
TNN guru

Post by rochellej » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:30 am

rochellej wrote:
sunbird73 wrote:
Also Meadowood community creche on the North shore are very good, and have had no worries about managing DS2's cloth naps. They will flush poo if its easy too :) And I have graduated from always leaving him with BG's (velcro) to totally snaps LOL and they managed it perfectly!
They are really lovely - big thumbs up!! :smt023

Maia used to go there up until April this year... they are luffly in there, we miss them lots!

Well... Ava had her first day here today & the staff didn't bat an eyelid when we turned up with a wonderful cloth bum! :smt040

I'm sure part of the fun of packing Ava's backpack last night for me was which nappies to put in there today :cloud9:
Rochelle

Daniel - 2002
Maia - 2004
Ava - 2006

onabear
TNN addict

Post by onabear » Tue May 26, 2009 9:36 am

Summerfield Early Learning Centre in Albany is ok for cloth - I teach there and my wee man has just started too, in fact seeing the number of disposibles that go out each day (3 big black sacks) cemented my commitment to cloth. We have not had a great many children in cloth (about 3 in the last year) but it isn't an issue parents just make sure the nappies are stuffed when they drop them off (this might be the time consumming factor the other teacher spoke of?). I agree cleaning out undies and clothes while TT is WAY worse beside all teacher have gloves to wear while changing nappies, and that the sangenics on a hot summers day stink!
Fiona

Amie's Mum
TNN nutter

Post by Amie's Mum » Tue May 26, 2009 3:05 pm

My little girl is at Bear Park in Albany, the only one in cloth. A couple of carers have whinged but they got over it.
I just have to provide the nappies prestuffed and lined and a bucket with a lid to send them home in.
------------------------------
Annette

ImageImage

ImageImage

Sidoine
TNN newbie

Post by Sidoine » Thu May 28, 2009 9:37 am

Hi. The Learning Centre (TLC) in Ponsonby are very supportive of cloth and even flush away the poos for us :) We just provide a bucket and they give us a bag of dirty nappies at the end of the day.

Bella's mama
TNN guru

Post by Bella's mama » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:42 pm

I am looking for a daycare for DD for next year on the shore/HBC.

Does anyone know of any others...that might have vacancies too??
Sarah

ImageImage

ImageImage

Follow us on our family blog:
http://ramblingsofthekovacsfamily.blogspot.com/?spref=fb

onabear
TNN addict

Post by onabear » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:48 pm

Summerfield is great :D But I would say that I work there (and X goes too he loves it)! We do have a waiting list, as do many places and it is easier to get into over twos than unders I think and of course depending on days. It is in Albany on the corner of Bush and Rosedale.
Browns Bay preschool is great too as is Tots Corner in Northcote (The present a lot of their work at conferences etc great quality teaching).
Where ever you choose it is always best to put your name down sooner rather than later as you can always say no when a space comes open, spaces are usually easier to get if you are flexible to start date and days.
HTH ask if you have any other questions.
Fiona
Part time working Mumma to
X (22/2/09)
Angel baby Devon (14/12/09) @ 17 weeks
Z (11/1/11)

Bella's mama
TNN guru

Post by Bella's mama » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:41 pm

We are keen on the ABC on Manuka road...but they have a few ahead of us on the waiting list. Will put her name down tomorrow though.

I have heard fab things about your centre, but pretty much guessed I had no show of getting her in!! A friends kiddies go there.
Sarah

ImageImage

ImageImage

onabear
TNN addict

Post by onabear » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:58 pm

Like I say phone and find out next year is still 4 months away and all sorts of things happen especially in this economic climate, and if you are flexible on days etc, bit of name dropping too lol, doesn't hurt to ask.
A g/f little boy goes to ABC on Manuka she is very happy.
Part time working Mumma to
X (22/2/09)
Angel baby Devon (14/12/09) @ 17 weeks
Z (11/1/11)

Bella's mama
TNN guru

Post by Bella's mama » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:32 pm

Thanks for that...will give them a call tomorrow.
Sarah

ImageImage

ImageImage

Noisybabe007
TNN nerd

Post by Noisybabe007 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:54 am

Hi everyone,

Know it's been a while since everyone has been on here, but just looking at daycares for O now - going back to work in April, so thought I would add some of the ones that will/won't take cloth.....

My friend who was an early childhood educator, and also my Mum who is one both suggested actually showing the centres the nappies - as the MCN are so easy, and explaining they just have to put into a bag and send home!!

Won't:
Kindercare in Henderson - flat out refused

Will:
Building Blocks, Kumeu (we are probably sending O there - it is a lovely centre!)
Leapfrogs, Henderson
Hobsonville Childcare Centre
Babies and Buddies, Universal Drive, Henderson
Feathers Childcare, Henderson
Amanda's home Based Care

Maybe: (wld trial)
Lollipops, Henderson
Central Park Early Learning Centre, Henderson
Learning Adventure, Henderson
Bright Sparks, Henderson

I was amazed that I was looked at funny when I asked about O being in cloth - and was told, at most of the centres - barring 2 that the children were all in disposables.... think of how much waste is being produced every day from the centres.... wow!
Ang - Wife to Wonderful DH S :smt049, Mummy to Gorgeous O :princess: - 16/4/09, our Miracle V :princess: 11/10/11, & Wee Man Lucas 02/06/13- as well as 2 kittys Zoe and Blue :cat: :cat:

ImageImageImage

lilfatty
TNN convert

Re: Centres in Auckland

Post by lilfatty » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:29 am

Just wanted to say that Bear Park in Henderson will use cloth =D>
[img]http://lb2f.lilypie.com/5OXNp13.png[/img]

[img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/iAXVp13.png[/img]

[img]http://tickers.myfitnesspal.com/ticker/show/7/8342/78342.png[/img]

Noisybabe007
TNN nerd

Post by Noisybabe007 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:43 am

lilfatty wrote:Just wanted to say that Bear Park in Henderson will use cloth =D>

I've heard they are pretty good too....

Country Bears in Kumeu probably would too....
Ang - Wife to Wonderful DH S :smt049, Mummy to Gorgeous O :princess: - 16/4/09, our Miracle V :princess: 11/10/11, & Wee Man Lucas 02/06/13- as well as 2 kittys Zoe and Blue :cat: :cat:

ImageImageImage

lilfatty
TNN convert

Post by lilfatty » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:57 pm

Noisybabe007 wrote:
lilfatty wrote:Just wanted to say that Bear Park in Henderson will use cloth =D>

I've heard they are pretty good too....

Country Bears in Kumeu probably would too....

They are really good .. Miss two year old goes there, but we asked about the nappies as Mr 6 months will need to go in part time when the school term starts back up so DH can go to lectures .. thankfully they said yes.
[img]http://lb2f.lilypie.com/5OXNp13.png[/img]

[img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/iAXVp13.png[/img]

[img]http://tickers.myfitnesspal.com/ticker/show/7/8342/78342.png[/img]

Noisybabe007
TNN nerd

Post by Noisybabe007 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:49 am

Junior Junction Centres are happy to use cloth as long as you give instructions :-)

ImageImageImage

Return to “Childcare Centres that Support Cloth (Public)”