A Rave for my Kapiti Daycare

List childcare centres throughout NZ who support cloth use. List centres that don't support cloth use.
Nikki
TNN nerd

A Rave for my Kapiti Daycare

Post by Nikki » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:00 am

Well almost 17mth old dd started at the same daycare that ds goes to. I had forgotten to talk to them about using cloth, but I decided since she was only going to be there for 3hrs to put her in the cloth to take her and provide a sposie for them to change her into. Well I spoke to the nappy changing lady today to explain what I had intended and she said "I don't mind doing cloth!" in a surprised voice that it would be a hassle (and I only use flats too)! Very cool...

So a shout out to Wise Owl Early Childhood Centre in Raumati South.

Judy
TNN nerd

Post by Judy » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:21 am

Isn't it lovely when you are surprised like that! We recently had a change of Kidstart carer, and I was so shocked when I was asked "cloth or disposables?"

Yay for more people being open to cloth :smt041
[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2106/2186177705_c42a1388d3_m.jpg[/img] Hip and Side Snap patterns in newborn through extra large for sale by request.

MamaLoops
TNN nerd

Post by MamaLoops » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:26 pm

oooh this is belated! Was just nosing and thought I'd add that Chelsea House in Raumati (Lorien Ct) are happy for cloth too. They will basically accomodate anything by the sounds of it! (I know someone who works there, and may be enrolling DD2 soon.)

Falcon Stirling, Master of the Universe, smiles whilst napping. He is THAT amazing------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

redhead
TNN oracle

Post by redhead » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:35 am

hmmm interesting, i hadent even thought about this untill i went into ABC Percival last week to talk about putting Ds in there for a couple of mornings a week. when i asked they said no they dont support cloth as it was an international policy that one centre coudlnt change. The 2 teachers i talked to were really dissapointed they had to say no to me though. i wonder if theres anytihng i can do to change their minds?
Mama to Ashton 7 and Flynn 4 and Madeline 1

BekaJ
TNN nutter

Post by BekaJ » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:55 am

I have a friend who works in an ABC centre and while they don't encourage cloth, if a child turned up wearing cloth (as has happened once) they would accomadate it.
But maybe thats just my friend more than the other staff... she is very pro cloth (even though she has no babies of her own ...yet :wink:)

Sorry probably doesn't help much does it? :oops: Maybe if your little one turned up with cloth they might see that its not really a hassle. The company policy may just be a convenient fall back for those who can't be bothered. (maybe not though)I should ask my friend if she know the policy on cloth nappies.
just my :2cents: worth
Beka
SAHM to
Timothy (4), Naomi (3),
Image Image

aussiemum
TNN guru

Post by aussiemum » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:18 am

Wow, I can't believe it, Josh goes to ABC and they didn't bat an eyelid when I asked about cloth! So I don't know what the international policy is about!
I'm Tamara, Mum to Gorgeous Joshie 9, Delightful David 6 & Step-Mum to Sweet Sarah 16
Adoptive Mum to Jess & Louise my furbabies.

"If it wasn't for the last minute, I wouldn't get anything done!"

sb
TNN nerd

Post by sb » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:22 am

James is at an ABC centre and they were more than happy to accommodate.
Shyrel - Mum to James November 06

kitscha
TNN nerd

Post by kitscha » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:21 pm

My oldest is at Chelsea House in Raumati for 1.5 days a week, and not only are they FABULOUS caregivers, but they didn't bat an eye at my cloth naps. Or my vegetarian toddler. 8-) They're lovely.

Return to “Childcare Centres that Support Cloth (Public)”