Centres in Dunedin/Otago

List childcare centres throughout NZ who support cloth use. List centres that don't support cloth use.
Dunners
TNN oracle

Centres in Dunedin/Otago

Post by Dunners » Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:10 am

(Charity, I thought it might be easier if I start a new Dunedin thread rather than people having to read through lots of messages about other places - I hope that's okay!).

I've been looking at day care options for Emily - I'll add to this as I find out more.

Places happy to use cloth nappies
:D Flippers (at Moana Pool)
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

krusty
TNN nerd

Post by krusty » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:05 pm

Hi there,

My daughter's new childcare centre is happy to use cloth nappies (according to the information booklet).
Unfortunately I don't have any nappy systems yet for her to take (but I am in the process of doing so) but as soon as I start collecting I will.

It is TENNYSON STREET CHILDCARE CENTRE.

Cheers.
Kristi and Willow - Nursing Student and big School Girl!!

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://by.lilypie.com/9dqnp13/.png[/img][/url]

krusty
TNN nerd

I have a wee problem...

Post by krusty » Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:44 am

I have been successfully taking along Munchkin's cloth nappies to her pre-school.
I always pop in a doubler and a liner ready, so the staff can just put it on.

Trouble is this:

1) One day her Snazzipants fitted was put on backwards (how it didn't cut óff her circulation, I'll never know)

2) Today her home-made fitted nappy was tied in a knot, instead of velcroed (???)

How can I politely show / tell them how to use the nappies properly?
Kristi and Willow - Nursing Student and big School Girl!!

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://by.lilypie.com/9dqnp13/.png[/img][/url]

Dunners
TNN oracle

Post by Dunners » Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:51 pm

Oh dear Kristi,

You've seen the homemade fitteds that I sent along to Daycare. On the first day I showed a couple of teachers how to fit it, and the "ooh, ahh" resulted with a crowd of teachers watching the demo. They don't fit it as tightly as I would - but that's fine since the Bummis Whisper Pants do a fantastic job.

Em's been on holiday with us - so no daycare. On the last day of last term I wanted their opinion about using pockets for quicker changes. I took along a Fuzzi Bunz - I'd cut bits of electrical tape into sticker sizes, and written on the tape "do thigh snap before waist snap", "thigh snap to here", "waist snap to here" and stuck them below the appropriate snap setting. No worries at all! (the stickers were still on the nappy when she came home!).

I had considered taking photos of putting the fitted on, and doing a 1 page printout out of instructions. Decided it would look too condescending. The pockets are really simple to use - as long as they remember to do the thigh setting first.

Do you have enough to use just one type? If not, we need to have a sewing day so you can make enough.
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

Anonymous

Hospital Daycare

Post by Anonymous » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:36 pm

Hi,

Been meaning to add this for a while - just to say that the Dunedin Hospital daycare is happy to use cloth. We've tried to make things simple by getting more pockets though we still send some fitteds and covers (honest it wasn't just an excuse to buy more nappies!! :D ).

We've had some amusing combinations - they seem to like putting a cover on pockets - the best though was a couple of face washers in a cover - no nappy! The must have though I was a weird Uk person with really small flat nappies!

They just pop them in a bucket that I line with a PUL bag to bring home.

Cheers,
Sas

Annabella
TNN nerd

Otago university fulltime centre

Post by Annabella » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm

The Otago University Fulltime centre does not support cloth which I assume also means that the University preschool doesn't either.
It says in the brochure that disposable nappies must be supplied.
(And they use horrible rough hand towels run under the tap as wipes : (
It is a great centre though!

aries
TNN addict

Post by aries » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:23 pm

Just to add that Russell St Childcare are happy to use the FBs I send along.. even with my 2 3/4 yr old smelly boy!
Rachel www.rileyandjemma.blogspot.com
Riley is 5yo and has Aspergers
Jemma is 3yo and back in a lovely stage

Kim
TNN nerd

dunedin

Post by Kim » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:25 pm

We're at the hospital daycare, and have been using cloth since we first started there, a year and a half ago. Have had no problems at all....
They enjoy using our cloth naps...
It's really easy, they have a hook for me to leave a bag on.
There is I think 5 under 3's now using cloth at our centre.... Not bad really.
That's probably near a quarter of the children. =D>
Last edited by Kim on Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moppit
TNN addict

Pathways Montessori

Post by moppit » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:18 pm

Pathways Montessori in Roslyn let me use cloth when I sent my son.

Hwaelwaeg
TNN convert

Elm Row

Post by Hwaelwaeg » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:47 pm

Elm Row Childcare Centre are happy for us to use cloth nappies. There are several children there now in cloth, and they were quite supportive of MCN.

(Elm Row are part of the Dunedin Community Childcare Association, which is the same organisation that runs Russell St Childcare)

Hwaelwaeg
TNN convert

Elm Row

Elm Row Childcare Centre are happy for us to use cloth nappies. There are several children there now in cloth, and they were quite supportive of MCN.

(Elm Row are part of the Dunedin Community Childcare Association, which is the same organisation that runs Russell St Childcare)

Hwaelwaeg
TNN convert

Elm Row

0-5
TNN addict

Post by 0-5 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:03 am

Rainbow Preschool is happy for children to wear cloth nappies.

Annabella
TNN nerd

Post by Annabella » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:35 pm

My friend has a daughter at Otago Polytechnic PreSchool and they happily use cloth :D

helennz
TNN nerd

Post by helennz » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:36 pm

Kidsworld at Les Mills has just told me that they allow cloth.
Helen: Ask me about the Dunedin snap press, demo kit, newborn hire kit, handknit soakers and longies
Mum to Sam, Mollie and Meghan
I blog here: [url]http://purplefish.g.org.nz[/url]

Return to “Childcare Centres that Support Cloth (Public)”