Gloves of Hope - now on Rav, and a KAL!

nickers
TNN nerd

Gloves of Hope - now on Rav, and a KAL!

Post by nickers » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:43 pm

I'm very pleased to be able to announce that my fingerless glove pattern is ready. \:D/
I've called them 'Gloves of Hope'.
It is an 8ply fingerless glove knitted in the round. The most lovely miss Emmapea has made the pattern all pretty and formatted into a .pdf document.

Until I get myself organised and get them downloadable on Ravelry you can email me through here for copy of the pattern.
I do ask that you make a donation of $3 (or more if you feel so inclined :D ) directly into Hope's account.
Hope Osborne
38-9009-0002097-00

I have decided to offer a little incentive, for the first 3 weeks, all completed pairs will go in a draw to win a custom dye of your choice of 200gm of 8ply superwash - to be hand dyed by the talented Emmapea. I've suggested 8ply as this is an 8ply pattern, but I'm happy to swap this for a custom dye of 100gm of Patonlye if that is what you prefer.
So for $3 you not only get an easy to follow, quick knit pattern that uses only 50gm of 8ply, but you also get an entry to win some custom dyed yarn, for each pair that is completed. :D These are also very quick (and cheap!) to throw together for a last minute gift :yes:

To enter you will need to supply a photo of each completed pair either on this thread, or even better, once I have set up Ravelry and the pattern can be downloaded from there, you can add the Gloves of Hope as a project and link from there :D (I should get Rav sorted by the end of the weekend so watch this space for updates).

Because this is a plain pattern it lends itself well to being abit creative with the yarn you use, but also you could try some with embroidery or embelishments. The next pair I'm going to knit will be done in naked yarn and I plan to either hand paint the yarn once knitted, or do a gradient dye.

Here's an example of one pair I have just done, I hand dyed some 8ply Charity with some bright colours in short repeats so it gave a pooling effect.
P1030081 (2).JPG
P1030081 (2).JPG (201.89 KiB) Viewed 3111 times

Happy knitting :knit:
Last edited by nickers on Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Khai
TNN oracle

Re: Gloves of Hope

Post by Khai » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:46 pm

Love (1) ;)

AmberLeah
TNN nerd

Post by AmberLeah » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:01 pm

\:D/ Congrats NIki & I love the name :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

Flick me an email with the pattern, I'm about to deposit the money into Hopes account for my recently auctioned stitch markers \:D/ so I'll deposit this at the same time :vibes:

Facebook: "Angel Inspired"

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:06 pm

Love (2)
Lisa

amyloo
TNN nerd

Post by amyloo » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:08 pm

:smt049 :smt049 niki xx
i would love to knit a pair too. can you email me the pattern and i can make a donation to hope :)
-Amy-

-------------- dp dressed up as mcdreamy lol
mum to 3 beautiful kiddies! Casey 06/09/97 Eden 09/02/07 Luke 17/07/08
http://www.impulsiveamyloo.blogspot.com/

redhead
TNN oracle

Post by redhead » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:49 am

yay! welldone Niki!! ( and emma ;) )
beautiful name too! :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:
Mama to Ashton 7 and Flynn 4 and Madeline 1

nickers
TNN nerd

Post by nickers » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:48 am

With a little help from some friends last night :D I managed to get myself set up on Ravelry as a designer (wow that sounds official :rotfl: ) and so the Gloves of Hope pattern is now downloadable from Ravelry. Its a free download, in the notes I've told Hope's story and asked for a donation.
The link is:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gloves-of-hope

So if you do download the pattern from Rav in the next week or two rather than email me for a copy, dont forget to come back here and mention that you are knitting these as a project and supply a completed photo either on here or link to a photo on Rav, and then you can be entered in the draw for the yarn.
:D

nickers
TNN nerd

Re: Gloves of Hope - now on Ravelry

Post by nickers » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:14 am

*Bump* :D

nickers
TNN nerd

Re: Gloves of Hope - now on Rav, and a KAL!

Post by nickers » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:20 am

Now that the weather is getting colder, and we are all getting back into knitting, I would like to try and see if I can inspire some interest in this.
Initially I think 2 or 3 copies of the pattern got sold and I think only Amy has loaded a project onto Rav and managed to get through one glove so far :lol:

So for the last couple of weeks I have been mulling over running a Knit-A-Long for this, and have been discussing it offline with my TNN knitting buddies. I was abit worried how this might go down when j-j announced her KAL late last week, but I dont think there will be any crossover as they are very different patterns. I've corresponded with j-j over this and mentioned my intentions and she has kindly offered a copy of one of her patterns as a prize. Julia you're a :star:
I'm not planning on running this on Rav at this stage, even though that means there will be less potential knitters. As its essentially a fundraiser for Hope, and its a free pattern with the suggestion of a $3 donation directly into Hope's account by way of payment, it makes it more tricky for those not in NZ so I suggested a small donation to their local cild cancer society in Hope's name. So just easier if its kept local.

So please consider joining to support Hope.
Its a super easy and quick pattern to knit, using only 50gms of 8ply, plain knit in the round - so not difficult. So they are also very quick (and cheap!) to throw together for a last minute gift :yes:
Please post on this topic if you are entering and once we get some finished projects I will start a KAL completed thread in the Knitting section for pics of FO's only.
Link to download the pattern from Ravelry is:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gloves-of-hope
if you are not on Rav, email me through here and I will email you a copy of the pattern.

1st prize will be 200gm of 8ply custom dyed yarn (by the talented Emmapea). I've suggested 8ply as this is an 8ply pattern, but I'm happy to swap this for a custom dye of 100gm of Patonlye if that is what you prefer.
2nd prize will be a copy of one of j-j's patterns, if you already have all of her lovely patterns I will purchase you a pattern off Rav of your own choosing to the same value
3rd, 4th and 5th prizes will be some sets of stitch markers made by me.
This will close on the 30th April and you must post pics on here to qualify, but I would also appreciate it if you loaded your Gloves of Hope projects onto Rav to get more exposure long term :D

Was thinking that if Hope was up to it I could ask Bec to see if Hope could indicate a favourite to choose the winner, if not maybe Bec could choose herself, failing that I will choose.

So at this stage you have a fantastic chance of winning something :lol: :yes:
Because this is a plain pattern it lends itself well to being abit creative with the yarn you use, but also you could try some with embroidery or embelishments so have fun and dont be scare to pimp it up abit \:D/

Khai
TNN oracle

Post by Khai » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:28 am

I completely forgot about this, when does the comp finish? :wink: (sorry, the date is probably in there somewhere).

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:29 am

I'm going to KAL... but what is your end date? I'd like to write it on my calender
Lisa

nickers
TNN nerd

Post by nickers » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:34 am

yes I'm sorry its a veerrryyy long post :oops: , because I started from the beginning for those who hads not seen this topic before.
End date is now 30th April, thanks :D

Miss Shelley
TNN guru

Post by Miss Shelley » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:43 am

Awesome... I had forgotten about this but so glad you have started again.... I'll be buying the pattern today :D
Shelley :)
(Mum to T and L )

white-rose
TNN guru

Post by white-rose » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:54 am

oh I didnt see this before - I have some wool and a DD who has been asked me to knit some for ages - perfect pattern for me to use!!!

Off to do it now. (get the pattern that is not knit the gloves lol!)

Oh and your stitch markers rock - I use mine all the time, they are my favourites I would so love to win some more!!!
Louise - CBE and SAHM to 6 children; 14, 11, 9, 8, 6, and 4.
Angel mummy to MissK 12 and 2 little ^i^

*If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together. There is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you. By Winnie the Pooh*

Owner and creator of Kanzu - Clothing with a difference https://www.facebook.com/kanzudesign

Nutbar
TNN nerd

Post by Nutbar » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:55 am

Oh cool :D

My girls need some gloves for winter, as do I really :roll: I'll get onto this this week ":D

Return to “Auctions/Sales for Hope”