ecobubs wool and fleece pockets

farlos
TNN nerd

Post by farlos » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:17 pm

blairh wrote:I stuffed this with 2x ecobubs hemp & microfibre flats plus a cutiebums hemp booster, the first time I tried it he did #2s so didn't get to test it overnight, but last night he woke up in a tizz at 3am and he was soaking :(
The inserts were really soaked and it had wicked all out the front on to his pjs. Could the inserts be needing more washing in time? (only about 3 washes) or do I need to add something else - he already has a huge bubble butt!

Hmmm... this is a worry. I don't want to have to stuff the nappy too much. I was hoping to get away with just the insert it came with overnight, but after reading your post i'm a little worried it won't be enough. :?
Caroline, mother of Benjamin 27/02/06 and Georgina 21/12/07

Wisegirl
TNN guru

Post by Wisegirl » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:36 pm

Oh no, you will need more than just the one insert, I use 2 ecobubs hemp/microfibre inserts. But its not too bulky and works great for us (and a couple of others as well).

In regards to the front soaking, make sure the mircofleece area that the insert is under isn't popping over the top (or even open too far). That will cause wicking onto clothing, I have to make sure I tuck it all in as it can stick up - now did that just confuse you or do get what I mean? :lol:

Wisegirl
TNN guru

Post by Wisegirl » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:38 pm

Also, the insert will need to be washed a few times for the hemp to reach max absorbency.

:)

mandli
TNN guru

Post by mandli » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:43 pm

Wisegirl wrote:In regards to the front soaking, make sure the mircofleece area that the insert is under isn't popping over the top (or even open too far). That will cause wicking onto clothing, I have to make sure I tuck it all in as it can stick up - now did that just confuse you or do get what I mean? :lol:

Yes if Maya's singlet gets down the front it wicks.
Lisa, mama to Maya, no more nappies here!

[url=http://www.alterna-tickers.com][img]http://www.alterna-tickers.com/tickers/971631.png[/img][/url]

Kim
TNN nerd

Post by Kim » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:44 pm

I am sooooooo needing to get my hands on one of these lovely wool ones. The stripey ones look pretty cool too....

I've got way too many nappies at the moment, need to get rid of some to make room for all these new ones.

I'm soooooo addicted. It's scary.
:oops:

mandli
TNN guru

Post by mandli » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:48 pm

Kim wrote:I am sooooooo needing to get my hands on one of these lovely wool ones. The stripey ones look pretty cool too....

I've got way too many nappies at the moment, need to get rid of some to make room for all these new ones.

I'm soooooo addicted. It's scary.
:oops:

I have way too many as well but even G told me to get more of these are they are the BEST night nappy!
Lisa, mama to Maya, no more nappies here!

[url=http://www.alterna-tickers.com][img]http://www.alterna-tickers.com/tickers/971631.png[/img][/url]

Tinkerbell
TNN guru

Post by Tinkerbell » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:55 pm

Well I tried mine last night. It held up well and looked really pretty, but when I went to take it off bubs this morning she had red marks around her thighs. She is in a large so I am wondering if it is too small? I would love to save up and grab a few more but would like to solve the red thigh mark problem first :(
Pipi
Sahm

FluffyMail
TNN guru

Post by FluffyMail » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:13 pm

are you able to loosen it off some?
Last edited by FluffyMail on Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
now FluffyMail formally ittibittinz
Karyn - Mum to Jakob 9 and Isaac 6
NZ Distributor of itti bitti and ones&twos

Image Image

itti bitti FACEBOOK page
ones & twos FACEBOOK page

helennz
TNN nerd

Post by helennz » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:13 pm

My Mum loves these nappies. She likes the side-snapping and finds them the easiest to put on. She also likes the fact the outside is wool.
Helen: Ask me about the Dunedin snap press, demo kit, newborn hire kit, handknit soakers and longies
Mum to Sam, Mollie and Meghan
I blog here: [url]http://purplefish.g.org.nz[/url]

Jack05
TNN nerd

Post by Jack05 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:18 pm

I was so excited to get our new fleece pocket!! And Beck was so lovely, she sent it out before I'd even paid!
First night, tried the insert plus a prefold - soaking wet in the morning :(
Second time, insert + 2 3-layer microfibres - soaking wet :(
Third time, insert plus microfibre/cotton velour towelling insert (3 layers of each) - still damp :(
The prob for us is with all the stuffing we need, the nappy gapes around all the openings :?
Soooo, I'm considering whether to get another hemp/mf insert from ecobubs, or just use it for daytime, or give it another chance after a few more washes.

My little man sleeps on his tummy, up on his knees, so that doesn't help either!

But the nappy is still a very cool nappy! I love the colours and the fleece is much thicker than I expected - I didn't realise it is a bonded fleece. We can handle the side snaps, but do prefer front snaps for when a certain someone isn't being very cooperative at change time!

Thanks Beck :D

Neak1
TNN guru

Post by Neak1 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:34 pm

WOW Beck's wool pockets ROCK!!! We got one as our night time nappy had died. I was a bit worried about the wool with Seths touchy skin :roll: Beck sent me out 2 samples of the wool, one wash and one unwashed to see the difference. Oh so soft!!!

Awesome customer service :D :D

I can fit all of Seth's night stuffing in there ( prefold, microfibre booster and hemp insert) and for the first time we have a nappy that doesn't have gaps around the legs!!! Has easily lasted 14 hours.

And thanks to some wonderful TNN's I have been able to order another :D :D
Monique

Seth 8
Nina 4

bizzy
TNN nerd

Post by bizzy » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:43 am

Pipi wrote:Well I tried mine last night. It held up well and looked really pretty, but when I went to take it off bubs this morning she had red marks around her thighs. She is in a large so I am wondering if it is too small? I would love to save up and grab a few more but would like to solve the red thigh mark problem first :(

i have this with my little boy too...he has a med tho and i just do up the thigh snaps a little looser but i dont use it overnight now for that reason. My older boy tho wears his overnight and i have never had any red marks on his legs...
Deborah, SAHM to three

farlos
TNN nerd

Post by farlos » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:16 am

My boy is in the large wool pocket and I do it up on the biggest setting as i don't like his nappies being too tight, so it's quite loose on him overnight and I haven't had any leaks at all. Very happy with it!
Caroline, mother of Benjamin 27/02/06 and Georgina 21/12/07

jeshiko
TNN guru

Post by jeshiko » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:10 am

bizzy wrote:
Pipi wrote:Well I tried mine last night. It held up well and looked really pretty, but when I went to take it off bubs this morning she had red marks around her thighs. She is in a large so I am wondering if it is too small? I would love to save up and grab a few more but would like to solve the red thigh mark problem first :(

i have this with my little boy too...he has a med tho and i just do up the thigh snaps a little looser but i dont use it overnight now for that reason. My older boy tho wears his overnight and i have never had any red marks on his legs...

Finn gets this too so I will try it a bit looser on the legs.
never had any leaks thought and love the look!
Finn Peter 2006, Mikko Alexander 2008, Kasper Svend 2010 and...

blossom
TNN guru

Post by blossom » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:03 pm

jeshiko wrote:
bizzy wrote:

Finn gets this too so I will try it a bit looser on the legs.
never had any leaks thought and love the look!

Zoe gets red marks round her thighs too, and the nappy doesn't seem to be too tight? but I still love it, no leaks (overnight) and so gorgeous!! 8-)
Janine
Mum to L (30/10/02) & Z (01/01/06)
-----------------------------------------

Return to “Pocket Nappies”