Designer bums pocket nappy

Tinkerbell
TNN guru

Designer bums pocket nappy

Post by Tinkerbell » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:58 pm

Wow! : The fit was perfect and the absorbency was brilliant.( I had a insert that I bought with it) The fact that it had colours just topped it off. Sewing and service was impeccable! :smt045 The pocket was a dalmation minky type fabric and after putting it on dd she ran to the mirror and we had to watch her shaking her bum and doing a 'kanikani' in her pitty nappy for 5 mins :smt044 I am very impressed and will definitely be buying more. Thanks Angie for the gorgeous, totally functionable nappies! :smt040 Will take a photo tonight.

edited for pikcs
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pipi
Sahm

flea
TNN guru

Post by flea » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:25 pm

WHAT :shock: she's doing pockets? -grrrrr Angie - does this mean I need to go shopping again ?? :twisted: :D I've been waiting for your website but think I need a db fix NOW :D

Pipi -I'd love to see a pic :D
My Blog with Pettiskirt and Tutu Tutes
www.lostinstash.blogspot.com

aussiemum
TNN guru

Post by aussiemum » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:28 pm

Ooh, where do I get one?
I'm Tamara, Mum to Gorgeous Joshie 9, Delightful David 6 & Step-Mum to Sweet Sarah 16
Adoptive Mum to Jess & Louise my furbabies.

"If it wasn't for the last minute, I wouldn't get anything done!"

Tinkerbell
TNN guru

Post by Tinkerbell » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:27 pm

Here ya go Flea! edited with a piccy :wink:
Pipi
Sahm

flea
TNN guru

Post by flea » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:41 pm

Pipi wrote:Here ya go Flea! edited with a piccy :wink:

Nice :smt007 =P~ - aarrrgghhh I think it's time for some retail therapy :wink:

aylasmummy

Post by aylasmummy » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:40 pm

OHh thats too cute!!!how much are they selling for? :lol:

nikkitheknitter
TNN nerd

Post by nikkitheknitter » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:50 pm

:smt055
Mama to the Red Headed Devil Child and newbie arriving late Jan 2015.

Tinkerbell
TNN guru

Post by Tinkerbell » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:37 pm

had to add, in the top photo she is pulling up her tummy to try and see over it and inspect the pitty nappy :lol: :wink: we can't say pretty its pitty at the moment :wink:
Pipi
Sahm

flea
TNN guru

Post by flea » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:34 pm

Woohoo I got one :D (actually I got 2 :oops: )

They look really well made and so strokable (there you go a new word for the day :lol: )

Why does fluffy mail always arrive when the model is sleeping :? I'll get some pics of her in it later

eta pics here http://thenappynetwork.org.nz/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=329150#329150

annie
TNN nerd

Post by annie » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:18 pm

i used a funky cow pocket in nb (xs) on aroha.
omg it was the softest nappy ever...i didn't want to put it on her bum i just wanted to stroke it :oops:

i digress...

great fit, no leaks, kept looking great wear after wear.

the most funkilicious nappy ever :D
annie,

mama of the feral five

Wisegirl
TNN guru

Post by Wisegirl » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:19 pm

Must add my 2 Cents on DM pockets. Awesome fit!!! A shame I waited so long to try them..... I would have added more to my stash if I had got one earlier!

Will try and get a pic of DD wearing it and post, she has it on right now..... yep its night time, its my new night nappy 8-)

Emma
TNN guru

Post by Emma » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:18 am

We (ahem, I mean Tobey) just got one and its great. Its actually one of the few sized nappies that I can get a good fit with. And its really cute :D .
Emma
Mum to 5 lovely children

Fran
TNN nerd

Post by Fran » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:56 pm

I just got 13. Woooooooo hooo how lucky am I? And DH fully supported the purchase!

Anyway, I wanted to comment on service first, because I ordered 12 on Saturday - Angie custom made them all for me over Sunday and the early part of this week, and I received them in the post today (Thursday). Fantastic, amazing, speedy service!

Here comes the long story:
I got these because the skin on Amy's leg has been reacting to the wetness/PUL (or something!) on her existing pocket nappies (which are a mixture of FBs and my home made pockets). Her sister wears the exact same nappies and has done for two years with no problem, but Amy's legs have recently gotten welts on them, and have had dry, red, sensitive patches for quite some time now. I've tried all sorts of things over several months - in the last three weeks looking specifically at nappies, ranging from last year's freebie Parent & Child show disposables through to bamboo fitteds. The biggest difference was made when I was able to keep wetness and the leg opening (of a pocket nappy especially) away from her skin. Going from bamboo to a PUL pocket made things worse (which is why I ended up buying a whole lot of bamboo - so that I didn't get in the position where I ran out and had to put a PUL pocket on again). In bamboo nappies the problem was lessened, but not completely fixed, and also I really wanted to keep using pockets if it was at all possible so my daughters are in the same basic type of nappy (though poor old Rebekah, with her more hardy legs, is stuck using our older pockets I'm afraid, lol!). Trying to teach DH a new kind of system was hard on him (and me lol), and also I wasn't that keen on washing bamboo and PUL pockets together as I reckon natural fabrics can be quite hard on microfleece (and also bamboo seems to come up 'cleaner' with less effort than microfibre... but I digress. I'm a bit anal in my washing :lol: ).

I found the cut of Designerbum's minky pocket nappies means they can sit very high up on Amy's leg so the red patches stay completely dry. I did this (pushed the leg opening up high) with the initial nappy I got to try, and had complete success in keeping her thigh dry for the first time in any nappy (bar a disposable). I thought I was on to something that could work with our existing pockets and the next time I put her in one of my homemade nappies, also pushed the leg elastic up high. The result though was a leak within half an hour (and same things with fbs), I guess the cut of the nappy just isn't designed to sit this way.

I tried the first minky pocket I bought from Designerbums for just under a week, using it twice a day (yep, by washing and drying it twice a day shock horror, but I was pretty determined to really try the nappy out to see if I could sort out Amy's skin, and I thought a few days of this would be better than resorting to permanent disposable use). I've used it at night too. And not once while wearing her Designerbum minky pocket has that part of her leg gotten wet - this is a first in a long time. I also find this pocket is reliable for several hours use (you can have a very wet insert, but dry minky outer), and is good for wearing under jeans/pants etc - winter clothes. No leaks while being used at night with our standard night pocket stuffing, one four layer contour microfibre & a square of bamboo fleece folded into three. The minky itself is lovely and soft next to her skin and I don't have to worry about any issues with it rubbing (Amy is a bum shuffler which means nappies tend to rub back and forth on the skin on her legs a little). The pile of the minky also means she can go faster when she's wearing the nappy only, I'm not sure I appreciate this so much but Amy sure does :lol:

And here is the short story:
Where PUL is an issue for your child but you still want the ease/convenience/trimness/reliability of a pocket nappy, I would definately recommend giving a Designerbums minky pocket a go. I think they are excellent value for money, they have a great fit, they are reliable on the no-leaks front, and Angie offers excellent service! They get the five thumbs up in this household (especially as I feel a LOT better - relieved - as a mum, knowing I'm no longer using nappies on my wee babe that for one reason or another, don't agree with her skin). :smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023
I am only one, but still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
- Helen Keller

Razz
TNN guru

Post by Razz » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:03 pm

ooooo lauren, angie should hire you! :D great sales pitch. really coveting the night galaxy pocket, so gorgeous. mmmmm must find something to sell.
Last edited by Razz on Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rachel, Mama to Nate, Zach and Kaiabean

check out my patterns http://www.ravelry.com/designers/rachel-evans

Fran
TNN nerd

Post by Fran » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:05 pm

Razz wrote:ooooo lauren, angie should hire you! :D great sales pitch. really coveting the night galaxy pocket, so gorgeous. mmmmm must find something to sell.

Lol, it's just been a real worry to me for a while - I was thinking, I don't WANT to use disposables but I will do it in a heartbeat if it means my little girl doesn't have these leg problems. (The amount I have spent on nappies in the last three weeks is testament to my attempts to find a cloth solution though, lol).

This way I win 8-)
Last edited by Fran on Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I am only one, but still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
- Helen Keller

Return to “Pocket Nappies”