Foxybots

Shae
TNN nerd

Foxybots

Post by Shae » Sun May 11, 2008 4:44 pm

Just wondering if anyone has tried Foxybots nappies yet. The pricing seems great esp for a minky nappy.
Any thoughts or comments?
Mama to A, J, & A
www.farmfamily.blogspot.com

Mel
TNN guru

Post by Mel » Thu May 15, 2008 3:04 pm

Ive brought a second hand one for my SIL baby. And its very much like a fuzzi shape so if that shape works for you then go for it. (It doesnt work for Jake so Id never get one for him even if he could wear poly)
The most inner leg snap doesnt make sense to me it makes the tummy snaps bulge out :? it almost needs a cross over snap. So Ill be testing that out when baby arrives!
The minky has gone very pilly and isnt minky like at all now it feels more like normal fleece now. Where as Ive seen other minky last much better and feel alot nicer after over a years use so my guess is it the brand of minky isnt as plush to start with.

Oh and my biggest peeve, the PUL and minky has been cut so the stretch is downwards not across so the fit wont last as long as most nappies kwim? :roll:

The sewing is neat and tidy.

If your looking at getting it for your hire kit I wouldnt because of the pillyness it wont look as neat and tidy as long as plain PUL does. (all purely IMO tho)
Your welcome to have a nosey at it when your pick up those other naps babies not due till October 8-)

meow
TNN guru

Post by meow » Thu May 15, 2008 4:08 pm

Mel wrote:Oh and my biggest peeve, the PUL and minky has been cut so the stretch is downwards not across so the fit wont last as long as most nappies kwim? :roll:

Oh crap, but thanks for the tip! :lol: I've just been cutting out any way they'll fit in :oops: Not having used cloth before, I didn't know that it mattered!

Mel
TNN guru

Post by Mel » Thu May 15, 2008 10:11 pm

meow wrote:
Mel wrote:Oh and my biggest peeve, the PUL and minky has been cut so the stretch is downwards not across so the fit wont last as long as most nappies kwim? :roll:

Oh crap, but thanks for the tip! :lol: I've just been cutting out any way they'll fit in :oops: Not having used cloth before, I didn't know that it mattered!

It makes a fairly noticable difference! Just like cotton print PUL doesnt fit as long as plain poly PUL because the cotton has no stretch. At least now you will know why some nappies youve made fit better then others when baby gets towards the top end of the size range :wink:

Debbie
TNN nerd

Post by Debbie » Mon May 19, 2008 8:52 pm

I don't have one (can't justify it when I have plenty of minky myself) but I don't think they're made with PUL, not sure if that would effect the stretch, please correct me if I'm wrong.

flea
TNN guru

Post by flea » Mon May 19, 2008 8:56 pm

Debbie wrote:I don't have one (can't justify it when I have plenty of minky myself) but I don't think they're made with PUL, not sure if that would effect the stretch, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think you're right this is from the foxybots website

The hidden waterproof layer is not a layer of PUL as found in many other varieties of nappies out there. We use a special sheeting product which has been trialled and tested extensively and found to work far better than PUL as a hidden waterproof layer. This works so well that our nappies have stood up to the test of some very heavy wetters at night time!
My Blog with Pettiskirt and Tutu Tutes
www.lostinstash.blogspot.com

Shae
TNN nerd

Post by Shae » Mon May 19, 2008 9:06 pm

Hhhmmm, so is it PUL film then?
Mama to A, J, & A
www.farmfamily.blogspot.com

flea
TNN guru

Post by flea » Mon May 19, 2008 9:11 pm

Shae wrote:Hhhmmm, so is it PUL film then?

I don't think so - though not 100% sure on that - I'm sure someone will know

My guess would be like hospital sheeting maybe but then as I said I don't know.

Mel
TNN guru

Post by Mel » Mon May 19, 2008 9:13 pm

Well the one I have is very much like PUL with the same kind of stretch and the stretch is definately down not across :( .
The laminate film feels a bit finer but it has the same kind of polyester knit fabric which is what gives the fabric its stretch.

Mel
TNN guru

Post by Mel » Mon May 19, 2008 9:17 pm

And I would never use hospital sheeting in a nappy, have you seen how rock hard that stuff can get! Yuck. (I use to work in a hospital with rolls of the stuff, we use to throw so much out.)

flea
TNN guru

Post by flea » Mon May 19, 2008 9:19 pm

here is a thread http://thenappynetwork.org.nz/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=30857&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=pul&start=0

They refer to it as plasticy stuff - stiffer than PUL so I don't know -
PUL film isn't stiff and definitely not thick.

though maybe check out oh baby as it sounds like they are well used and loved there so they may have more feedback :D .

bizzy
TNN nerd

Post by bizzy » Mon May 19, 2008 9:59 pm

i had one - used it once or twice - and found it a lot bulkier because of the waterproof layer. it is not PUL, but i dont know what it is, i do know it was thicker tho. lots of people on ohbaby use them and rave about them, especially as an overnight nappy. it wasnt my cup of tea tho!
Deborah, SAHM to three

Wicked Knits
Yarn Pirate

Post by Wicked Knits » Tue May 20, 2008 8:08 am

It's definately a good overnight nappy. I wouldn't trust alot of my PUL nappies to hold up that long, but never had a leak with the foxy. :) bit bulky for a day nap, but the one I have is large, so a medium would be better - still wouldn't be the trimmest by a long shot though.
Alia
Alexander - 3, and Sebastian - 6.
My Ravelry Account :Knitting:

Return to “Pocket Nappies”