Nudey! Rudey! OS pockets

Fran
TNN nerd

Nudey! Rudey! OS pockets

Post by Fran » Mon May 19, 2008 9:39 pm

We were the recent winners of a Nudey! Rudey! pocket nappy. :D

I chose one in grape as we don't have any grape nappies, it was a very good choice 8-)

The sewing and finishing on this nappy is immaculate - it outshines the sewing on my US brand nappies (and definately my home made pockets :lol:). The entire nappy is topstitched and this is the only nappy I own that has this, it's a very tidy look.

This is a one-size nappy. I am using it on a two-year old who is normally in medium nappies (and occasionally large), so I can't comment on what it's like in small or newborn sizes, but on my daughter it's a lovely fit. At first glance, there's lots of snaps, but when you come to use it it becomes obvious that really there's just lots of options. There are only two snaps on the wings that need doing up in the sizing configuration I am using, but I have plenty of sockets along the tummy to choose from. It has a higher rise than other nappies I have.

I am not sure if it's the topstiching or the placement of the snaps, but I'm finding the whole waist area doesn't scrunch down like my FBs and homemade nappies and as a result it's the nappy I choose first for going under DD's jeans, once it's on it's the closest thing she has to underwear for trimness. (I dream of that day! :lol: )

And the crunch - so far I've used it with my nurtured family contoured inserts (what I usually use with both DDs) and it's definately giving me a leak free experience. It's done a busy morning at playcentre with no worries. It did itself proud yesterday after a particularly... messy, shall we say, poosplosion - total and absolute containment. :lol:

The Nudey! Rudey! insert I also received looks to be three layers of microfibre. I prefer to use four layer contours on a daily basis and so will probably use this insert as a booster from time to time.

I have to say if I have any need to add to my older DD's nappy stash now (unlikely, given she has around 55 nappies lol) this would be the one I go for. I just love the fit on her and like I said, the way it doesn't scrunch around the waist and so works well under toddler jeans. I would recommend them for this age group with confidence.

Between these for my older DD and Designerbums pockets for my younger DD (who is sensitive to PUL), I think I have found the best nappies for each of my daughters - and woo hoo that they are both NZ made. Bit of a bummer that I found them so late :lol:

These are not the best pics, my moving target was not interested in holding still long enough for me to put her nappy on properly or snap a few pics, so I'll update them (and perhaps add under jeans pics!) when I get a chance.

Image Image

One thing I would say - it's hard to remember which way around the name goes (as she goes back to edit :smt043 )
I am only one, but still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
- Helen Keller

Wicked Knits
Yarn Pirate

Post by Wicked Knits » Tue May 20, 2008 8:15 am

oooh I keep meaning to post a review... but now that you've done the hard work :lol: I will just add to that. Congrats by the way, it really must be your lucky month :smt041

I love the long rise on this nap, and it is very trim, though that's again on a toddler (21 months) I love the way it doesn't move at the front - alot of Seb's nappies get a little gaping in the front because he's got such a small tummy, but this one doesn't. I paired the insert with 3 layers of hemp, and works fine, still pretty trim. The stiching/etc also looks very professional to me too.
Alia
Alexander - 3, and Sebastian - 6.
My Ravelry Account :Knitting:

Fran
TNN nerd

Post by Fran » Wed May 28, 2008 5:45 pm

Under jeans, before heading out to the zoo today 8-)

Image Image

Bit hard to show exactly what it is I appreciate about them actually, these are a bit "jeans - so what?". :lol: But like I said, these are our first choice under jeans, the jeans are actually loose on her due to the waistband being set up to allow for her other nappies. These nappies sit so well they help keep her jeans up! :mrgreen:
I am only one, but still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
- Helen Keller

Aitchy
TNN nerd

Post by Aitchy » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:27 pm

How long are they in the rise on the largest setting? (she says searching desperately for a nappy to fit mr 2.8!!!)

Hermione

Fran
TNN nerd

Post by Fran » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:42 pm

Yesterday was a jeans day so ours is in the washing pail, but if noone else answers I can measure the rise tomorrow after washing :D (I daren't go near our unwashed nappies at the mo, too many poosplosions lurking in there :lol: )

I can tell you though that my Miss 2yrs 6 mo isn't built big (she's pretty average) but she is fairly tall, and these have a high rise on her.
- Helen Keller

Wicked Knits
Yarn Pirate

Post by Wicked Knits » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:54 pm

The rise is about 39cm unstretched, so just laid flat and measured, so would be longer on. Definately longer rise than my Large nappies. Waist isn't *huge* though.
Alia
Alexander - 3, and Sebastian - 6.
My Ravelry Account :Knitting:

Aitchy
TNN nerd

Post by Aitchy » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:07 pm

Yeah, my issue isn't waist really, it's rise and thighs. My Little buttons pocket still fits but a one-size has appeal cos it means I could use it for the next baby sooner than a large nappy (which would make DH easier to convince in terms of doing the spending!).

Hermione

bubbagirl
TNN nerd

Post by bubbagirl » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:33 am

This nappy looks like it will fit for quite awhile - I had the front-flap folded over, & I think only the 2nd-tighest waist setting, on my 6mo nephew (who has been in medium nappies since about 6-8wks, & is very long - almost topping the charts for height, 75% for weight). :D

Aitchy
TNN nerd

Post by Aitchy » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:52 pm

I have been lucky enough to trial one of these very well made pockets for DS - I was wanting to know if they'd fit him in the rise as he's outgrown a lot of his large pockets. I found them great in the rise but too tight in the thigh, so Sarina sent me some extenders, which are a fabulous idea. Now they fit very well, and DS loves wearing his 'red nappy' (one way to get him to come and have a nappy change happily!). I look forward to seeing the fit on the new arrival as well, what a great, versatile nappy!

Hermione

Emma
TNN guru

Post by Emma » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:59 am

Our 'freshly mown lawn' kelly nappy came yesterday. It fits ds suprisingly well and he didn't get any wing droop which is nearly unheard of in our house :wink: . Overall I'm impressed :D
Emma
Mum to 5 lovely children

maiasmum
TNN addict

Post by maiasmum » Sun May 31, 2009 7:10 pm

Here's a great review done by a cloth addict and a cloth first timer

http://tinyurl.com/dmh5xu

j-j
TNN guru

Re: Nudey! Rudey! OS pockets

Post by j-j » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:10 am

Have I mentioned lately how much we love our Nudey Rudey's? They are such a good fit for both the body shapes of my kids - P is long and lean, T is less lean and less long :lol: so cute and chubby. In fact prior to P toilet training they were brilliant, as she is pretty skinny and N.R's were nice because they weren't big and bulky. Good for a cloth nappy!

Easy to stuff, fit, wear and wash - brilliantly designed, as well as NZ made :vibes:

But I think one of the biggest positives is the customer service. Sarina is just amazing and responds so quickly and kindly to any queries. She knows her nappies.

Did I mention presentation too? Ok, the nappies are gorgeous, with lovely tags but on receiving them, they are beautifully wrapped, tissue papered and boxed.

Overall I'd give Nudey Rudey's 5 stars out of 5 stars for the design of the nappy and for customer service (and we've tried a few nappies :wink: )
Julia - Knitting nut and mum to 3 delicious children: DD - 9, DS#1 - 7 and DS#3 - 5

Knitting Pattern Designer of The Little Rascals, Poplar, Katniss, Primrose, Greyson patterns - available HERE

littlejo
TNN nerd

Re: Nudey! Rudey! OS pockets

Post by littlejo » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:45 am

Ooo, I've just started using my NRs in DD - 3mths old, and they fit beautifully. I'm not sure of her current size (plunket tomorrow), but I've just removed all her newborn/small nappies from ciculation (probably heading into the "medium" nappy range now).
For a newborn/small baby, I guess it's not as trim as a sized nap, but that's true of all one-sized nappies, I think - there's just that bit extra fabric to allow for bigger sizes.

And I also agree that these are a beautifully made nappy.
Jo

DS - Apr 2007
DD - Nov 2009

Sherbert handcrafts:
https://www.facebook.com/sherbertnz

Return to “Pocket Nappies”