New Ecobubs Wool Pocket

Monty
TNN nerd

Post by Monty » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:17 pm

Interesting that yours has done the same thing as mine aidanasher.

I first noticed the hole by the snap in mine after only about a month of use. I'm not sure that it is from the pulling when the nappy's on though, as mine is actually a bit big on Ethan. Didn't really bother me though as the hole didn't get any bigger and the nappy still worked fine.

The chocolate/baby blue ones are so pretty :smt050 I wish they were a better fit on Ethan :tantrum:
Leanne - mother of Callum (15), Ayla (7), Ethan (5) and

Mazz

Post by Mazz » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:19 pm

I have the same issue with DD1's large ruby/cream striped one, there are holes from a couple of the snaps. Doesn't affect the nappy function but is annoying because I bought it new not that long ago and they're not cheap nappies. :? Am waiting to see if it happens with DD2's pink/chocolate stripe (size medium).

Wicked Knits
Yarn Pirate

Post by Wicked Knits » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:12 am

Yeah, I have a small baby blue/choc that has never been worn, one of the snaps was starting to tear away from the fabric when I got it. I got it really cheap on sale though so I didn't really want to complain :oops: Will just have to be really careful when I'm snapping/unsnapping it on that setting.
Alia
Alexander - 3, and Sebastian - 6.
My Ravelry Account :Knitting:

aidanasher
TNN nerd

Post by aidanasher » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:04 am

i think with the no of ppl having the same prob, i might email them and let them know of this issue. it annoys me a bit as it is the most expensive nappy that we own, so i do expect a better quality.

Mazz

Post by Mazz » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:37 am

aidanasher wrote:i think with the no of ppl having the same prob, i might email them and let them know of this issue. it annoys me a bit as it is the most expensive nappy that we own, so i do expect a better quality.

That's a good idea. I was thinking that last night after seeing other people had the same problem - I thought it was just us but maybe it's an actual issue with the nappy.

aidanasher
TNN nerd

Post by aidanasher » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:40 am

exactly what i'm thinking... :D

Wicked Knits
Yarn Pirate

Post by Wicked Knits » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:01 pm

They are such gorgeous nappies though! :(

:tantrum: I really want a pink/choc one if I get the excuse to - figure it's not quite as unisex as the baby blue :lol: But now that I know it's quite a common problem, not so sure...
Alia

Khai
TNN oracle

Post by Khai » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:15 pm

I have three (one bought back when that Daisy Baby sale was on and the others more recently from Tweedle) and haven't had any issues with the wool so far.

What are you guys washing them in out of interest? I use Ecostore liquid.

ETA I've got the blue/choc, navy/cream and ruby/cream.

Wicked Knits
Yarn Pirate

Post by Wicked Knits » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:23 pm

Mine has never been washed or worn, it came like it is.. but it was from that Daisy baby sale + discount where it ended up being like $25 incl postage, so I kinda do feel I got my money's worth, even if it's not what I was expecting... but definately wouldn't be paying full price for any more if it's likely to happen again. Which is sad, because they are so yummy :(
Alia

Khai
TNN oracle

Post by Khai » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:29 pm

My original one from there was actually faulty (MF inside out) and I swapped it - I felt stink doing it because I'd gotten it so cheap, but I'd waited so long to get one and wanted it to be right - and in case I needed to resell it if it doesn't suit DS.

You might be able to sort it out with Ecobubs directly though. It's a shame. They're really good nappies, I wouldn't be without them for nights.

Mazz

Post by Mazz » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:48 pm

We use next generation or ecostore, whatever is on special.

mandli
TNN guru

Post by mandli » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:03 pm

Remember Ecostore powder is not recommended for use on wool.... only liquid
Lisa, mama to Maya, no more nappies here!

[url=http://www.alterna-tickers.com][img]http://www.alterna-tickers.com/tickers/971631.png[/img][/url]

aidanasher
TNN nerd

Post by aidanasher » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:31 pm

we use soap nuts and baking soda here... i've got the blue swirl one as well, bought it just a few weeks after i bought the striped one and no prob with that.

i've emailed them yesterday, but haven't heard back :? they might be busy with christmas.

Mazz

Post by Mazz » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:47 am

We use Next Generation 99% of the time, not even sure if my ecobubs has been through an Ecostore wash as we use it that infrequently.

But I didn't know about not using ecostore on wool, thanks.

aidanasher
TNN nerd

Post by aidanasher » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:11 pm

Here's their reply... hope that helps some of you :D

Hi Audrey

Sorry for the delay in reply. It has been manic here with the silly season, and trying to tie everything up before the holidays.

I am sorry to hear of the wool pulling away from the snap. This is something new that hasn't come up before, so thank you for bringing it to our attention. As it is a wool and does have stretch, some care needs to be taken when snapping and unsnapping the nappy. Tugging on the snaps when changing could possibly cause this.

We are in the process of finding a miller in the US, so that our wool + PUL can be sandwiched together, which would solve this problem that you have had completely.

As the nappy is no longer under our workmanship gaurentee, I cannot replace the nappy, but we would like to offer you a 50% discount on a Wool Pocket Nappy, if you wish to purchase one in the furture.
If there are other people that have had a similar problem to you, please tell them to contact us directly, so that we can be of help.

Kindest regards and Merry Christmas.

Rebecca & Rochelle @ Ecobubs.

Return to “Pocket Nappies”