Pea Pods

jeshiko
TNN guru

Post by jeshiko » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:52 pm

just tried ours today and it is a lovely fit. It didn't hold his bottom explosion but nothing would have, it was........ pretty real and I am still in shock. love the nap tho
Finn Peter 2006, Mikko Alexander 2008, Kasper Svend 2010 and...

framptons
TNN nutter

Post by framptons » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:35 pm

I bought one of these today from the Baby Factory, cant wait to try it tomorrow.

Kim
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/2i06umu.png[/img]

Amethyst
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Amethyst » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:45 am

Some retailers now have Peapods down to $19.95. Esp the ones where there is a baby factory. New style just so you know (read - ME!)
Pooh-Bah, Lord High everything else :roll:
Mamma to 3 wee product testers :king: 12 :king: 10 :queen: 8

Makana
TNN guru

Post by Makana » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:35 am

Hee hee Paula - I just bought one last nite off you! Plus a CB!
Kate
SAHM to Ariana 8yrs, Makayla 5 years & Holly 2
and three angels
Please check out: Hats for Ethan
My blog HERE

Amethyst
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Amethyst » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:26 pm

KateE wrote:Hee hee Paula - I just bought one last nite off you! Plus a CB!

And they are all packed and ready to go :smt040. Hoping to get the full colour range soon.
Pooh-Bah, Lord High everything else :roll:
Mamma to 3 wee product testers :king: 12 :king: 10 :queen: 8

posh
TNN oracle

Post by posh » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:01 am

Well I *had* to buy one after seeing them at the Baby Factory!! :wink:

DD who is almost a year old, wore it yesterday, I stuffed it with the hemp insert and also the microfibre night booster...

I was happy with it sort of, performance-wise it couldn't be faulted, but I wasn't too happy with the fit... I had it on the tightest snaps, and the wings underneath started to droop - is this a common thing? How can it be fixed? :smt100
Last edited by posh on Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anastasia - wahm to 3 x Image

SALE & CLEARANCE items!!!

At least Steve Irwin died doing what he loved, tracking wild animals in the open sea. When it's my time to go, I hope I'm online shopping

20 years in the making, but finally achieved!!! --->

justene
TNN nerd

Post by justene » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:29 am

What size have you got? i have the small and on the second tightest setting. after a bit you can see the other bottom waist snaps but not dropping,

The only issuse i have with mine is its quite short in the rise, they will deffinatly grow out of before the grow out side ways. but i LOVE the trimness of them. :D
my 4 awesome girls! Amy 3/06 Jade 3/06 Reese 5/09 Zoe 6/11

jeshiko
TNN guru

Post by jeshiko » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:11 pm

posh2109 wrote:Well I *had* to buy one after seeing them at the Baby Factory!! :wink:

DD who is almost a year old, wore it yesterday, I stuffed it with the hemp insert and also the microfibre night booster...

I was happy with it sort of, performance-wise it couldn't be faulted, but I wasn't too happy with the fit... I had it on the tightest snaps, and the wings underneath started to droop - is this a common thing? How can it be fixed? :smt100

this happens on HEAPS of my nappies with finn - does it mean they are too big?
Finn Peter 2006, Mikko Alexander 2008, Kasper Svend 2010 and...

Rodent
TNN nerd

Post by Rodent » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:40 pm

I haven't had a problem with wing droop on our new style peapods, we did with the old style a little (which he was still on the tightest setting, grew out of the rise). Immanuel wears new style mediums on the tightest setting and smalls with 3 sets of snaps showing in the middle. I don't think there's much you can do about wing droop except maybe pull the wings up above the waist level a little, it is reduced/eliminated when they move to the outter settings. I haven't found it to be an issue of being too big.

--Rodent
Image Immanuel - 6 Image Zevulun - 5 Image Amram - 4 Image Itamar - 2 Image Benaya - 1

mayazmummy
TNN addict

Post by mayazmummy » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:55 pm

I tried the new style ones on the girls yesterday and they were great, love the feel of the inserts and they are nice and trim.

Not so good today tho, Mercedes had a fair bit of wicking round the legs after only 2 hours (to the point where she was sitting on my knee and left a wet patch :? ). But I think I just need to experiment with the snaps a little more. Yesterday I had them on the tightest snaps and today I had Mercedes with one row of snaps in the middle coz the tightest snaps seemed too tight at the time. I've also heard they take a few washes to 'wear in' properly so maybe they will get better.

Bought some of the microfibre boosters today and they are in the wash now so might try them tomorrow.
Mum to Princess Maya Grace (28-02-03), the 'Gremlins' Sienna Marie and Mercedes Kailah (14-10-06) and lil miss Chiara Louise Chloe (09-07-08)

Estralita
TNN nerd

Post by Estralita » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:23 pm

mayazmummy hemp really does take a few washes to 'wear' in. It took me ages to get into my MCNs because the leaking frustrated me no end! Turned out I just needed to hot wash everything a few times and now they're fabulous!
Anna - Mummy in Training

mayazmummy
TNN addict

Post by mayazmummy » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:40 am

Thanks AnnaS, hopefully they will improve with washing! I'd say they've been washed 5 or so times already as I prewashed them 3 times. The girls have got them on now on the tightest snaps so hopefully no leaks!
Mum to Princess Maya Grace (28-02-03), the 'Gremlins' Sienna Marie and Mercedes Kailah (14-10-06) and lil miss Chiara Louise Chloe (09-07-08)

murcau
TNN newbie

Hi all

Post by murcau » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:07 pm

I am thinking of buying the pea pods for my baby when it is born in early march. I was really impressed with them when I saw them at the baby factory. Do any of you use the night booster during the day? I am going to use disposables for the first week to two weeks, then use the pea pods. My question is: how many do i buy? I have heard I will be going to change my baby from 12-18 times a day. Is this true? Do I need to buy 12? That will be awfully expensive!

Thanks
Charlotte

Sapphire24
TNN nutter

Post by Sapphire24 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:25 pm

Hey Charlotte, the number you need to buy will depend on how often you want to be washing them. I'd say 12 is a good number if you want to use them full time. You might also find that depending on the size of your baby, the small sized pea pods might be too big for awhile. I started using them for Karlie when she was 3 months old, but she was a small baby.
Lisa, Mummy to 4 amazing girls (2006, 2008, 2010 and May 2013)

Louise
TNN oracle

Post by Louise » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:56 pm

Charlotte I would say you'd change a newborn baby 8-10 times a day but that could vary. At the very most you'd change 12-14 a day.

You need to have enough nappies for when the rest are in the wash/on the line so bear that in mind.

If I was you I'd buy some prefold nappies and good quality covers and use those while baby is NB and SM size and then move into pocket nappies once baby is Med size. You can buy great prefolds and wrap style covers from snazzipants, real nappies, ecobots etc.
They are much cheaper than pockets.
Mum of 6

Return to “Pocket Nappies”