Pea Pods

murcau
TNN newbie

ecobots

Post by murcau » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:50 am

Hi guys
well I went onto the ecobots website to look at Louises idea of using them while the baby is small. They certainly do work out alot cheaper!! They do say on the website that if a baby has a runny poo, then the cover will have to be changed. How many times a day do babys poo?? Would 5 covers be enough? They also say the NB covers will do a baby from 2.5kg-4.5kg. How old is a baby when it reaches 4.5kg? Will the newborn size then be too small after only a few weeks?
So many questions!! thanks for all your help though!!

blondie37
TNN convert

Post by blondie37 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:36 pm

My daughter is expecting her 1st babe end of March

She is keen on MCN and has left it to me to organise

I have done exactly what Louise has recommende Posies for first few days then Ecobots with prefolds until baby out grows them

I have made and am continuing to make pocket naps in S/M using patterns from TNN

I have read lots of good reports about the gussets on the legs of the Proraps

Keep your eye out on TMe for Real Nappies and Ecobot products Some good buys to be had
Good advice Louise Makes me feel reassured that I am on track with my planning for my daughter
You are right Charlotte There is so much to learn......Even for an oldie like me

Good Luck
Nana2Ali Hayley and Olivia

Rodent
TNN nerd

Post by Rodent » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:43 pm

I wouldn't bother with NB sized covers unless you're expecting a very little one, they'll only last a couple of weeks for most babies. Small might be biggish at first but you'll be thankful in a couple of weeks, much more wear.

--Rodent
Image Immanuel - 6 Image Zevulun - 5 Image Amram - 4 Image Itamar - 2 Image Benaya - 1

jacb23
TNN newbie

Well I'm not too sure about these Peapods

Post by jacb23 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:11 pm

I bought a M size to try out and I find the front rise slightly too low for my liking - my boy is 24mths and weighs 12.5kg.

I put a 4 layer microterry liner in and a 2 layer hemp (just fitted too!) and after 3 hours there was a fair bit of leakage - the outside of the PUL had damp patches. In comparison I have put the same microterry liner and hemp liner in a fuzzibunz and there was no leakage after 3 1/2 hours although I could tell it was sopping wet inside. I have been told that peapods are cheaper as the PUL is not as good as other brands. So I'm now inclined to believe this!

What I do love though is the different colour microfleece inside - nice to get away from the boring old white of the fuzzibunz.

Lily Jack and Meg's Mum
TNN guru

Post by Lily Jack and Meg's Mum » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:26 pm

I couldn't resist buying one today to try when I was at the BF. We have two old style ones for lily that i don't find that great but my hubby loves. So its in the wash now and I will let you know. I bought a small for my chubby bubby boy, who is a super heavy wetter!!

Beekay
TNN nerd

Post by Beekay » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:27 pm

I have been using a Peapod for a couple of weeks now and for the price I think it's quite good...absorbency is definately improving with the more washes the insert gets. I plan to pick up a couple more for the daycare bag!

kyes
TNN newbie

Post by kyes » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:40 am

how many pea pods do you think I should buy? im expecting my baby in may so it will be winter and washing and drying is going to be hard... do they go in the dryer?

Paula24
TNN newbie

Post by Paula24 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:07 pm

Hey there im not sure about how many pockets you would need but I just got 9 this week and i definately need more as they are all in he wash after a day of wee's and poo's lol (not all in one day, a slight stretch of truth :oops: )
I do like these pockets tho and Macee's dad has even given them the thumbs up which is fantastic cos he was not into cloth at all :shock: :D .

Cheers Macee's Mum Paula :D
A new mum to 8week old Macee Jae.

Paula24
TNN newbie

Post by Paula24 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:07 pm

Hey there im not sure about how many pockets you would need but I just got 9 this week and i definately need more as they are all in he wash after a day of wee's and poo's lol (not all in one day, a slight stretch of truth :oops: )
I do like these pockets tho and Macee's dad has even given them the thumbs up which is fantastic cos he was not into cloth at all :shock: :D .

Paula24
TNN newbie

Post by Paula24 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:08 pm

shortly
TNN guru

Post by shortly » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:30 pm

kyes wrote:how many pea pods do you think I should buy? im expecting my baby in may so it will be winter and washing and drying is going to be hard... do they go in the dryer?

Good news - yes, pockets can be put in the dryer. Even better, they dry fast! If you buy double the amount of inserts to pockets, you could possibly avoid the dryer altogether... the pockets can be dryed on a heated towel rail if necessary, probably overnight...

I'd suggest an absolute minimum of 12, and that's very basic subsitence level, washing every day and having enough for the baby to wear until they are dry.
Sheryl

Mum to Shay (17) Alison (7) and Rebecca (6), obsessive knitter, full-time teacher, and *still* working on my Masters. Not long to go now!!

s'mores
TNN convert

NEW BAMBOO!!!!

Post by s'mores » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:20 pm

I just wanted to rave about the new Peapods bamboo pockets.
My first reaction when they arrived in the mail was SOFT SOFT SOFT! I know bamboo is a softer fabric, and these are no exception, but the PUL and the fleece are also softer to the touch than the hemp peapods I have. I, like everyone else, put them straight on him when they arrived (without washing) and they were very absorbant. I have 4 bamboos & have used them as much as I can over the past couple of weeks as they are my new nappy of choice. The softness of the bamboo, PUL & fleece make this nappy really trim and very absorbant. At nights I've been boosting with a baby-sized hemp hourglass and have found the nappy last for over 10hours and isn't even wet at the back by morning.
I sound like a rep for Peapods, but I just had to spread the word about how great I'm finding these new pockets. A superb product at a really good price. I'm not sure if they are in stores yet but they are online at the Peapods store .
http://www.peapods.com.au
[img]http://mf.lilypie.com/NCDtp9.png[/img]

k8ylou
TNN nerd

Post by k8ylou » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:05 pm

I saw them at Baby Factory today. I was quite excited to see MCN in there. it's gotta be good for the cause. Should bring some price point competition to the market too.

Paula24
TNN newbie

Post by Paula24 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:35 pm

:oops: Not sure why my last posting came up 3 times... making a point maybe??

Anyway Ive been using our peapods over the past week and we are really pleased with them :D . We are even using the med size on our little 10 week old and they fit nicely. I will buy some smalls too now as we will use them again with baby number two anyway.
We are definately pleased with the price, the softeness, the easyness of cleaning and drying, and the sizing to fit small to big in one nappy. :D

nicant
TNN newbie

Post by nicant » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:55 pm

I bought one for my boy, and it's okay. I've noticed that it leaks unless I add a booster. Fantastic that a main stream retaile is selling cloth nappies.
n.
aka Kees' mum
[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://b1.lilypie.com/Plqpp12/.png[/img][/url]

Return to “Pocket Nappies”