Wonderoos - overall Poll

How would you rate Wonderoos overall on a scale of 1(poor) - 5(excellent)?

1 - poor
2%
2 - OK, but could be better
9%
3 - Average
22%
4 - Good, very few problems
23%
5 - Excellent for day and night
8%
Have never used them
37%

Total votes: 65

Anonymous

Wonderoos - overall Poll

Post by Anonymous » Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:55 pm

Your chance to rate Wonderoos overall.....

TheBean
TNN nerd

Post by TheBean » Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:41 pm

Probably would be good for overnight also if I had used them when he was smaller. Have only just got them at 13 months and they are too small for him with a 'nighttime amount' of stuffing.
Sarah

kiwi101
TNN nerd

Post by kiwi101 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:39 pm

wow! too small at 13mths? k has jus come out of his in the last month or so, he is 1m tall & weighs 18kg.

possibly your son will fit em better when he hits the 'slimming down' stage when he walks/runs more?

i'll cross my fingers for you

rachel kane & puku

LemonNZ
TNN guru

Wonderoos fit

Post by LemonNZ » Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:07 am

I think these are an excellent nappy for younger babies or in our case tall slim child. Sophie has been in them since we bought them for her and still has one more snap to move out on the side to make them wider if needed. We have no snaps showing in the middle for day with 2 FB inserts and at night have 2 snaps in the middle showing with hemp and infant prefold.

Sophie is 25 months, 12kg and 90cm tall.

West_Mum
TNN nerd

Post by West_Mum » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:39 pm

I never liked the fit of the wonderoo on my dd (chubby thighs)
It was a good nap/night time nappy though. It just didn't look all that comfy for her.
Liz - mum to my 3 gorgeous redheads

Ansis
TNN nerd

Post by Ansis » Fri May 26, 2006 6:38 pm

I second the comment about not good for chubby thighs which is why I rated it at a 2. In terms of workmanship etc. it's fine, but the top of the leg cuts across Hazel's thighs something wicked and looks awfully uncomfortable. The crotch is also incredibly wide when the booster is snapped in, but I guess for a night nappy that wouldn't matter. I wouldn't use the booster in them for day though. They are generous in terms of how much you can stuff in though, I'll give them marks for that! So generally not a chubby baby nappy.
Jacqui

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://b4.lilypie.com/RXH6p12/.png[/img][/url]

Uglyduckling
TNN nerd

Post by Uglyduckling » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:39 pm

I really don't like this nappy and when my new ones arrive will be selling them. Not had a leak with them though so they do work well but..

What I like:
They fit both my 3yo and my 8mo
No leaks yet
Can easily fit a flat or prefold as a stuffer

What I don't like:
really really wide
the front snap downs grrrr always pop open when trying to do this nappy up!
hard to get leg setting right with the waist setting
Jen (aka Ducky) mother of three beautiful babies. Miss 7 and Master almost 5yo and Miss almost 2yo

herewego...
TNN newbie

Post by herewego... » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:28 pm

I purchased some of the wonderoos off trademe to trial, and got a really good deal on them (like new condition, and half the price of new ones) except they didnt have inserts. So I got some microfibre inserts off Trademe as well, to use in these.

Had a few problems at first with leaks, and was almost ready to on-sell them on trademe, but decided to give them another chance before flicking them off, using a different insert...and Waalah, they worked! I guess the little microfibre insert that I got, just wasnt absorbant enough for my heavy wetter!

Anyway, now that I've got my inserts sorted, I really like these nappies, and hardly ever get any leaks! I love the flexibility of the adjustable rise, and being a One-Size-Fits-All nappy, I know that I'm really going to get value for $$$ out of these ones!

aylasmummy

Post by aylasmummy » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:00 pm

untill the elastic gives out..... :lol:
Are the ones you purchased the new style(superstars) or the old cos chances are if they are the old the elasic may not last very long....and its not THAT easy to replace the elastic on these(ive tried and failed miserably although that could just be me :oops: )
They never did work well for us(seemed to hang off ayla) but im glad your having success :D

mum2girls
TNN nerd

Post by mum2girls » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:51 pm

I found that they weren't a very good fit on my chubby thighed child. Might be better for other shapes but not for us 8-)
Kat

Mum to four princess, a prince and still counting!
Bethany 12, Faith 10, Shanay 8, Tahlia 6, Ethan 3, 2 Angels 2014 and a Rainbow due 08/15.

Beekay
TNN nerd

Post by Beekay » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:21 pm

I've never loved my Wonderoos much, always the one tucked at the bottom of the nappy pile :D Having said that, today was a bottom of the pile day and it coped admirably with a fairly nasty toddler explosion, so I might be rethinking them!

white-rose
TNN guru

Post by white-rose » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:31 am

I really liked these when I got them but the elastics have all given out on the legs and I had to replace them.
Now the elastics have given out on the backs. I am so not happy!
They also are getting too small for my 1yr old already. Wouldnt recommend them to anyone!

Brownie
TNN nutter

Post by Brownie » Wed May 07, 2008 7:04 pm

I have been checking the reviews for Wonderoos, as I have been very happy with them............. until the elastic gave out.
Around the legs on all of them (have 9 of them) and at the back of most of them too.

Can I ask (if anyone sees this that is, since last post was like a year ago!!) - has anyone addressed the problem with the retailer that supplied them ? I am planning on complaining about the elastic failing.

I bought other brands of nappies at the same time (Rosies actually) and they are still going strong. Even my homemade ones of similar age are still good in the elastic department.
Tracey
Working mummy of two boys, Kieran (18.04.05) and Aidan (26.05.08).
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c315/Tracey004/IMG_5603.jpg[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c315/Tracey004/IMG_5480.jpg[/img][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c315/Tracey004/3Sep08.jpg[/img]

Brownie
TNN nutter

Post by Brownie » Tue May 13, 2008 9:00 am

Well I have to give SNAZZIPANTS a rave review regarding Wonderoos.
I bought my Wonderoos from them in 2006, stopped using them last July (07) when I went back to fulltime work and put them in storage for next baby. Pulled them out again, resigned to that I would have to re-elasticate them myself. I'm not one to complain about things very often. But then I decided I WOULD complain.
So on Thursday I talked to Maria - WHO IS RE-ELASTICATING 7 NAPPIES FOR ME !! I am sooooo impressed with their customer service I had to share.
They don't really HAVE to do this as Wonder Works Baby Co went out of business over the elastic issue, so Snazzipants haven't been stocking the Wonderoo pocket for ages.
But they are so customer focussed that they are doing this for me, even though it's so far down the track.
YAY for SNAZZIPANTS !!
Tracey
Working mummy of two boys, Kieran (18.04.05) and Aidan (26.05.08).
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c315/Tracey004/IMG_5603.jpg[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c315/Tracey004/IMG_5480.jpg[/img][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c315/Tracey004/3Sep08.jpg[/img]

Return to “Pocket Nappies”