Thirsties Duo Diapers

stripeycat
TNN nerd

Thirsties Duo Diapers

Post by stripeycat » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:23 pm

Despite having a twin-sized stash, I've found Ava fits things differently to the older girls, so have used the "need more nappies in winter" excuse :oops: to try out a few different nappies for her. One of these has been the Thirsties Duo Diapers from Mothers Instinct.

I've always loved the Thirsties Wraps - the gussets are fabulous for protecting explosions and the velcro gives a great fit. These pocket versions are even better, with the adjustable rise meaning I can use the same nappy for day and night (plenty of room for night-time stuffing when I go up a snap level). She's a tummy sleeper, so I can give it a nice high rise to stop top leaks.

The insert is a great combination of microfibre and hemp, which unsnaps into the 2 different parts for quicker drying - just perfect! We got 4 hours easily out of it while off visiting today - it was pretty wet but not completely saturated, and absolutely no dampness on the outside or on her clothing at all. I've also used them with just a pad-folded flat as an insert and had no issues.

The pocket opens at both ends and it says you can leave the insert in to agitate out in the wash - I haven't tried this out yet (can't get out of the habit of emptying all my pockets!)

With the gussets you don't have to fluff around with the legs or anything - just chuck them on and you're away. Ava is now having regular visits with relatives who are hopeless with most nappies (despite being given lessons and instructions) and these have become our first-choice "babysitter" nappy - they are so easy to use, really reliable and you just can't go wrong with the fit. \:D/ The price tag is also great value, given how much adjustability there is in this nappy. (There are some cute prints and lovely colours available too! :wink: )
Megan, crazy lunch lady and mum to 5 gorgeous girls.

Louise
TNN oracle

Re: Thirsties Duo Diapers

Post by Louise » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:05 pm

I haven't been tempted to buy any new nappies for ages but your post has me well and truly tempted. They sound like a great nappy.
Mum of 6

mummylove
TNN nerd

Post by mummylove » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:48 pm

ok, cool here we go bubs has it on now, reveiw to follow

thank you too for the bummsie perfect!
:vibes:

mummylove
TNN nerd

Post by mummylove » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:22 am

Fantastic love it I want more :) no leak what so ever and no stuffing around to get the leg elastic right, and the velcro is such a treat as my buba is sooooooo wiggly esp at night

Great cant wait to get more :) \:D/

mummylove
TNN nerd

Post by mummylove » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:29 am

Also I hadent used a nappy with the ajustable snaps in the front, so wondered about going the next sz up? ???

I dident need to use the snaps to make smaller?

FluffyMail
TNN guru

Post by FluffyMail » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:45 pm

mummylove wrote:Fantastic love it I want more :) no leak what so ever and no stuffing around to get the leg elastic right, and the velcro is such a treat as my buba is sooooooo wiggly esp at night

Thirsties rock, never heard any feedback ever about Thirsties!
now FluffyMail formally ittibittinz
Karyn - Mum to Jakob 9 and Isaac 6
NZ Distributor of itti bitti and ones&twos

Image Image

itti bitti FACEBOOK page
ones & twos FACEBOOK page

mummylove
TNN nerd

Post by mummylove » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:40 pm

Yep I washed it quick today so I can? buba can :rotfl: try it again tonight, I was scared to use another type of nappy as only tryed a few and have loads of baby cheeks and little pickles (night time fav) so its nice to have a change,

FluffyMail
TNN guru

Post by FluffyMail » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:28 pm

ittibittinz wrote:
mummylove wrote:Fantastic love it I want more :) no leak what so ever and no stuffing around to get the leg elastic right, and the velcro is such a treat as my buba is sooooooo wiggly esp at night

Thirsties rock, never heard any feedback ever about Thirsties!
:lol: bad feedback that is .....
now FluffyMail formally ittibittinz
Karyn - Mum to Jakob 9 and Isaac 6
NZ Distributor of itti bitti and ones&twos

Image Image

itti bitti FACEBOOK page
ones & twos FACEBOOK page

Return to “Pocket Nappies”