Wigglebums (Pockets)

LoopyNZ
TNN convert

Wigglebums (Pockets)

Post by LoopyNZ » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:37 pm

I see there are some Wigglebums pockets on Trade Me. Has anyone used these? What are they like?
- Linda
- Mum to Linus (Feb06), Ada (Dec07) and Zoe (Aug09)

pixeldust
TNN guru

Post by pixeldust » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:25 pm

I'd also be interested to know. At $20 for a PUL snapped nap + insert they seem good value, but I don't know that I'd buy one without hearing some reviews.
Jayce

ImageImage

"I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."

Dunners
TNN oracle

Post by Dunners » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:13 pm

I haven't tried one, but I have been admiring. I'm sure they're fab :smt023 They look fantastic. I would buy one, but I don't have a need and I'm too indecisive (and I've just bought a heap of print fabrics myself). Otherwise, I'd jump right in. Can't believe the cheap price, and NZ MADE! 8)

They're made by Claire - CabbetteNZ here on this board if you want to contact her.

Oh, and I hear her sewing is meticulous. Claire had sewn some stuff for a Chc member, this Chc member spoke very highly of her dealings with Claire and couldn't wait to buy from her again. ;)
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

stripeycat
TNN nerd

Post by stripeycat » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:11 am

I've got a large one for my girls. We use it at night and there's plenty of room for stuffing. It's very similar sizing to a Large Fuzzi and a wee bit too big yet, but I just cross the tabs over and it's fine. Materials are good quality and the pocket is very well made - I'd certainly recommend giving them a try.
Megan, crazy lunch lady and mum to 5 gorgeous girls.

sarahw
TNN nerd

Post by sarahw » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:30 pm

I got a lovely Clifford print side snap pocket from Claire last week. It is a large, and fits my 2 year old nicely.

DS likes it a lot. He wears it to bed (he's day TTed), and insists it's Clifford undies even though he lies down and gets it snapped on and has no worries about weeing in it :lol: . He also announced that it's "fluffy". I think he means the lovely soft microfleece (it's been a while since he's had a new nappy).

Beautifully made, fits well, no leaks, DS (and DP!) approved, very cute - what more could you want? Another one! Check out all her lovely PUL....
:smt023
Back for another round with baby #3

Makana
TNN guru

Post by Makana » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:20 pm

I agree with Sarahw above.

Claire made a cool red pocket nappy with clifford front panels at the top. It has two rows of snaps (in a cool blue colour) and there is heaps of room for night stuffing. I use this one and FB's for nights now. No leaks either.

Love the design and fit and craftwomans ship!!!

Thanks Claire! =D> :smt023
Kate
SAHM to Ariana 8yrs, Makayla 5 years & Holly 2
and three angels
Please check out: Hats for Ethan
My blog HERE

Pookee
TNN guru

Post by Pookee » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:41 pm

I have two wigglebums.

One a front snapping with an adjustable rise which we have used very successfully as a night nappy (it is too big during the day and the adjustable rise did my head in - jsut a personal preference).

I also have a medium side snap nappy which is awesome! Its a snug fit but big enough through the crotch to put two MF inserts in for naps or car trips!

I'm loving my wigglebums :D
Mel

Tinkerbell
TNN guru

Post by Tinkerbell » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:54 pm

I have two and they are cool! Love the embroidery on them and the sewing is perfect! The fit is nice too as I can get a bit in for nights and still get away with a trim nappy in the day :smt023
Pipi
Sahm

aylasmummy

Post by aylasmummy » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:26 am

I LOVE mine(well aylas)...its the perfect fit on her,the large on the tightest setting before crossing over..it could probably go a little tighter around the waist (but the next snap setting looks a bit tooo tight) but she had it on the other day for over 6 hours :shock: (was out and couldnt find another nappy and didnt want to buy sposies for 1 nappy so thought we;d give it a big test...and it didnt leak or anything AT ALL(hadnt washed it first either :wink: )
Oh and that was stuffed with a microfibre insert and hemp prefold...

Makana
TNN guru

Post by Makana » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:18 am

Wow Heather that was a huge test for a new nappy! Good to hear. I have had no leaks with Wigglebums either. :) I love the nappy you got too with Ayla's name on it. Mega cute! That is a real show one if I ever seen one. Team it with a dress or skirt and away you go! :lol: :lol:
Kate
SAHM to Ariana 8yrs, Makayla 5 years & Holly 2
and three angels
Please check out: Hats for Ethan
My blog HERE

KLS
TNN nutter

Post by KLS » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:28 pm

Keep meaning to write this so just wanted to say quickly - I am loving these nappies. They are great - well made and really nice fit. The side snap one is my fav - I have the red Mickey Mouse one I spotted in Claires posts. These will definitely be a staple, and I plan on getting more later. I love how there is elastic across the tummy and no bulk in the front (on the side snap ones). The front snap ones are really nice too.

Great nappy - cheers Claire :curtaincall:
Kelley / Mum to Ryder (13 May 2006)

rochellej
TNN guru

Post by rochellej » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:07 pm

I got a couple for Ava last week - a gorgeous retro PUL pocket & a hot pink with patterned microfleece on the inside. They're both a front snap in small size & fit Ava beautifully. They both fit really well around both the leg & the waist without being too tight & leaving marks & I haven't had any leaks from either of them. Lots of room for growing into without having too much bulk on a little baby.

They're extremely well made nappies & the service from Claire was fantastic. :woot:

Image Image
Rochelle

Daniel - 2002
Maia - 2004
Ava - 2006

aylasmummy

Post by aylasmummy » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:41 am

Ok im not a pocket person overnight anymore but our one and only bamboo baby beehind was still wet last night soo i decided to put aylas new nappy to the test(pic in gallery).Sadly she christened it before she got to bed so i had to swap that one for her "ayla" nappy but i was actually extremely impressed!
There is NO way i can fit 3 joeybuns hemp inserts and a microfibre insert into aylas fuzzis without gaping around the legs etc but it fitted wonderfully in the wigglebums pockets with heaps more room!
I havnt used a pocket overnight in months so wasnt sure what to stuff with,thought it may have all been a bit overkill but nope it was fine!All inserts were wet(but not SOPPING) this morning after 13 hours!and no leaks at all!Loveee these nappies they are just as reliable as my fuzzis if not more so :D
The smell this morning though did remind me why i dont use pockets overnight :roll: :?

Aitchy
TNN nerd

Post by Aitchy » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:56 am

I got a front snapping pocket from Claire a couple of weeks ago, very well made and lovely soft fleece. It is about the same in the rise as a L fuzzi, but a fair bit wider in the crotch, so room for heaps of stuffing. Initially I was a bit worried about leaking as even my cotton babies inserts were not meeting the sides, but no problems as yet.
The PUL does seem a bit stiffer than the PUL in my fuzzis and other 'branded' pockets I have tried, don't know if that's what NZ sourced PUL is like? Not a biggie anyway.
Am just trying to get a good thirsty combination of inserts together as this would be great as a night nappy.

Hermione

Cabbettenz
TNN nerd

Post by Cabbettenz » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:46 pm

blairh wrote: .........
The PUL does seem a bit stiffer than the PUL in my fuzzis and other 'branded' pockets I have tried, ..........

Hermione

Hi, The PUL is a 2mm laminate on the back...So yes it is a bit thicker, But I find it a lot better to sew.

I think Fuzzibuns are a 1.5mm lamination. and Green Beans is 1mm.

Printed PUL is usually 2mm , But you can on occasion find it as 1mm.

Hope that Helps

Claire

Oh...Glad you like the Nappy.

Return to “Pocket Nappies”