Charlie Banana nappies -reviews please.

Wicked Knits
Yarn Pirate

Charlie Banana nappies -reviews please.

Post by Wicked Knits » Tue May 10, 2011 2:23 pm

How have people found these, particularly the fit of the large? Alex is about 15kg and has well outgrown the rise on his large ittis, and is heading out of his ditto's osfas in rise and width, and we really need some new workhorse nappies for him, probably at least a half dozen, but can't really afford to splash out on a whole pile of really $$ ones, and these are pretty cheap ($140 for six) just wondering if the quality is poor because of that, or if they're just good basic nappies? Don't just want to buy the cheapest ones I can find, as while that would be fine for Alex till TTing (fingers crossed) hopefully this summer, but Niko looks like he'll need big larges before he TT's too.
Alia
Alexander - 3, and Sebastian - 6.
My Ravelry Account :Knitting:

Sapphire24
TNN nutter

Re: Charlie Banana nappies -reviews please.

Post by Sapphire24 » Tue May 10, 2011 2:37 pm

I have 2 OSFA's and have been really impressed by the quality. Although, I find the fit is pretty small for a OSFA. Haven't tried the sized nappies, so can't comment on them sorry.
Lisa, Mummy to 4 amazing girls (2006, 2008, 2010 and May 2013)

Tweedle
TNN guru

Post by Tweedle » Tue May 10, 2011 3:36 pm

Alia - there are a few CB user on our Facebook page, would you like me to post on there for you?
Rachael - Mum to :princess: Ellie, :king: Dylan & :princess: Lauren
http://www.tweedle.co.nz
http://www.woven.co.nz

Woven - Facebook Page
Tweedle - Facebook Page

Wicked Knits
Yarn Pirate

Post by Wicked Knits » Tue May 10, 2011 3:48 pm

Tweedle wrote:Alia - there are a few CB user on our Facebook page, would you like me to post on there for you?

Sure. :)
Alia
Alexander - 3, and Sebastian - 6.
My Ravelry Account :Knitting:

Foxtrot
TNN nerd

Post by Foxtrot » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:30 am

I have a couple of mediums and overall I really like them, but there are a few cons too. I like them because they are really nicely made and have great workmanship. The fit is good and I love the wide elastic across the back. The elastics also have a nice soft stretch, so they are snug but don't leave red marks (not sure if this means they won't last as long, but I like it for now).

The first minor con for me (may not bother some people) is that the pocket opens from the front, so you always have to touch the soggiest part of the insert to remove it. Not that big a deal, but I prefer back opening.

The second con which is more major for me, is that the front panel isn't quite wide enough, so when the nappy is done up on it's loosest setting one snap stud on either side isn't in use and is touching the baby's skin and digs in to leave deep red circles, which must feel horrible. If it was just 1cm wider on either side, the panel would cover it and it wouldn't be an issue.

Overall though I really like them and would buy more, just either not use them on the largest setting or sew a patch of fleece or something over that last snap so they don't dig in.

ETA have added photos to show what I mean.
Attachments
IMG_7485 (Small).JPG
inside view
IMG_7485 (Small).JPG (64.72 KiB) Viewed 3390 times
IMG_7484 (Small).JPG
outside view
IMG_7484 (Small).JPG (65.18 KiB) Viewed 3390 times
Bernadine
Image Image Image
Angel baby Feb 2010

“A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” Roald Dahl

hannah
TNN guru

Post by hannah » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:41 pm

I see what you mean about that last snap, but it looks like they're designed to always use those two wing snaps at the tummy setting, so not to be set as lose as that.
Hannah, mama of M 15yrs ♥ , L 13yrs ♥ and A 3yrs ♥
2 teens, 1 preschooler-eeek!

http://www.locket.co.nz

Foxtrot
TNN nerd

Post by Foxtrot » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:10 pm

hannah wrote:I see what you mean about that last snap, but it looks like they're designed to always use those two wing snaps at the tummy setting, so not to be set as lose as that.
Hmmm maybe, but there is a snap socket for the leg snap there (in the photo the leg snap is done up too) so it seems like that's meant to be the largest setting :shrug: I'll just use the next size up when we get to that point, but it seems like they should have just made the panel wider, or taken that last leg socket off to make it obvious you are not meant to do it up that loose. Weird.
Bernadine
Image Image Image
Angel baby Feb 2010

“A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” Roald Dahl

Return to “Pocket Nappies”