Designer Bums

figi9
TNN nerd

Designer Bums

Post by figi9 » Sun May 21, 2006 10:34 pm

I've just been purchasing some designer bums (fitted naps) as part of a hirekit i am making up for the west coast (SI) . I went to check for reviews and there weren't any!! :(

What do people think of these nappies :?:

I haven't tried one yet but if i win on TM tomorrow i'll be able to review one myself! :D
Last edited by figi9 on Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hirekits avaliable. 3 x NB/SM and a Med/Lrg. Especially on the West Coast or South Island fimale99@hotmail.com

[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10751;448/st/20050610/n/Miko+ArtStar/dt/18/k/918e/age.png[/img]

[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wSi8zMa/weight.png[/img]

Ansis
TNN nerd

Post by Ansis » Fri May 26, 2006 6:43 pm

I love them! Especially the hand-dyed hemp ones.:smt060 Because they're side-snapping they fit chubby Hazel really well across her thighs which always gets lots of marks from me! Quite trim for how thick they are. The only drawback would be the drying time, but you get that in a solid fitted so they don't stand out in that regard in any way.
Jacqui

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://b4.lilypie.com/RXH6p12/.png[/img][/url]

figi9
TNN nerd

designer bum

Post by figi9 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:37 pm

i can reply to myself now!
I would still like to know what others think of them.

I found the fit good. Not very wide between the legs. I was worried about containment but first try it was christened and no worries there. It is the thickest nappy I have and therefore the first dry took twice as long as any other nappy i have tried, 2 days outside (cloudy) and 2 nights in front of the fire. However it dried the same as my snazzi's, Rosies AIO, and Pikobaby last night in front of a roaring fire.

I like the design of the smaller sizes with the extra pocket to stuff. My medium didn't have this feature tho.

I am going to continue wearing it. LOL well Miko is! I Love the covers...but that is another thread.
Hirekits avaliable. 3 x NB/SM and a Med/Lrg. Especially on the West Coast or South Island fimale99@hotmail.com

[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10751;448/st/20050610/n/Miko+ArtStar/dt/18/k/918e/age.png[/img]

[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wSi8zMa/weight.png[/img]

Ecobubs
TNN nutter

Post by Ecobubs » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:55 pm

i love Angie's nappies.

first of all they are oh so cute and like nothing else on the market.

i have a fire side snap BKT fitted and was the lucky recipient of a new front snap one in a purple and blue tie die....(not sure if she is selling these yet)

first the fire side snap fitted which are available on TM is soooo great.

i love it as a night nappy as it is so absorbent. as for drying time - it doesn't take any longer than any other fitted i have to dry. i will be buying another when DD gets bigger.

the single front snap nappy is also great - not sure if she is selling these yet but i think she should. Inside it had a booster that you can turn around to face the way where your baby wets the heaviest - hmmmm how to explain..... it has one wide end and one narrower end. For DD she wets at the back so i have the larger end at the back.....

i love these naps she's on to a winner.
Beck.

[img]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m314/ecobubs/ecobubs-becsig.gif[/img]

Mum to 2 beautiful girls.

Poppy & Catherine

rochellej
TNN guru

Post by rochellej » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:26 am

We got a beautiful candyfloss fitted from Angie during the week with an extra bamboo snap in booster for night time. Straight onto Ava for overnight & after a night of 3 huge feeds during the night & being on from 6.30pm-8.30am it well outlasted anything we've tried before. The outside of the nappy was still dry in huge patches & even with 2 snap in boosters inside, it wasn't a huge bulky nappy, very trim in fact.

So I have to say that I was completely impressed with the nappy & of course it was lovely dealing with Angie as always... off to figure out how to get a couple more now :plot: can't stop at just one :smt041
Rochelle

Daniel - 2002
Maia - 2004
Ava - 2006

bizzy
TNN nerd

Post by bizzy » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:32 am

i love mine too...great for overnight with just he booster it came with and even better with the cover i got to go with it.. :oops: love side snapping.
Deborah, SAHM to three

flea
TNN guru

Post by flea » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:12 pm

ok, so I have a bit of a problem as I am addicted to designerbums nappies.

I got to trial one when kb lent me one from her hire kit and then I won a fire one at the RNW nappy making demo and since then I have been hooked, these are what I use overnight on both my girls and they can both fit a small.

I own about 6 or so DB fitteds (tigger embroidered/autumn, cow one, sun printed fire, candyfloss, fire, paua)and 3 wool covers (yellow cashmere, candyfloss, bubblegum) they are fantastic (and I'm a pocket girl so that's saying something).

I don't have any problems drying them, I bought a hoop thing with pegs on it from $2 shop (stoll the Idea from Angie) and I hang them inside by my front window (where most sun is) and they dry in 24 hours, the booster snaps out so that helps with drying speed. And the booster is nice and long and you can fold it whatever way you need to get most absorbancy - for izzy who's a tummy sleeper I fold it all at front and for miss Em I fold towards back. I love sidesnaps as there is no wing droop and keeps everything contained. I have no problem using them overnight boosted with a hemp doubler but I think she is releasing some boosters so that will be fantastic .
My Blog with Pettiskirt and Tutu Tutes
www.lostinstash.blogspot.com

Mel
TNN guru

Post by Mel » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:39 pm

:smt060 :smt055 :smt054 lovely naps and they last for ages

Tinkerbell
TNN guru

Post by Tinkerbell » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:05 pm

They are brilliant! I purcashed a fire fitted nappy with a matching wool cover and bamboo booster and used it on my heavy weeing daughter last night. Finally a nights sleep and a dry bed :dancin: :woot: :alright I am hooked totally!
Pipi
Sahm

mavis
TNN nerd

Post by mavis » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:55 pm

A paua fitted and a matching cover just arrived today, and uh oh I can see that we have a wee problem here!!!!
They look sooo nice and rather addictive.
http://www.nzpuresilver.com

Mumma to my brood
The boys N-14, L-5 years, O-3 years, The ladies M-2 years J-0years

aussiemum
TNN guru

Post by aussiemum » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:50 pm

I recently got a second-hand one and I now have a great new night-time combination! I add one of the bamboo snap-ins from my Baby Beehinds and fold-over the front a fair bit and it's ultra-absorbent and ultra-trim!
I'm Tamara, Mum to Gorgeous Joshie 9, Delightful David 6 & Step-Mum to Sweet Sarah 16
Adoptive Mum to Jess & Louise my furbabies.

"If it wasn't for the last minute, I wouldn't get anything done!"

Monty
TNN nerd

Post by Monty » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:14 pm

Totally agree with you! I recently got one for Ayla for nighttime and they are fantastic, so absorbant that they are the only nappy I've tried that is not totally saturated by the morning. And so snuggly and soft! Of course like all good things, one just isn't enough, I want more of them!
Leanne - mother of Callum (15), Ayla (7), Ethan (5) and

mavis
TNN nerd

Post by mavis » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:53 am

Ok as I'm sure we all know by now I am madly head over heels in love with these nappies.
Well....I've just fallen further.
Angie sent me a bamboo insert to try as a night nappy.
I was doubtful too say the least.
Lo and behold.....It worked :happyrun: :smt041
http://www.nzpuresilver.com

Mumma to my brood
The boys N-14, L-5 years, O-3 years, The ladies M-2 years J-0years

Katie
TNN oracle

Post by Katie » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:23 am

i've only just discovered the wonders of these fitted naps and golly gosh i wish i had tried one sooner! they are brilliant as night naps!!!!!!!!!!! most other super thick night naps we have tried all end up sopping wet in the morning but these don't :) teamed up with one of her gorgeous merino covers and you have one bomb proof night nap :D i'm just gutted she is closed till july-ish as i want more more mooooooooooooore

Return to “Fitted Nappies”