terry squares

kiwi101
TNN nerd

terry squares

Post by kiwi101 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:33 pm

more absorbant than a normal flat, can be snappi'ed & does everything else a flat does, great pocket stuffers too...
The Kiwis

I am a typo just WAITING to happen...

we are manic, mellow, average, exceptional, independant, reliant on each other, tired, full of energy...

caffiene is NOT my friend, neither is sugar... But that hasn't stopped me yet ...

aylasmummy

Post by aylasmummy » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:14 pm

I have a new found love for these terry toweling flats(that is what they are called right?).Lately ayla has been wearing them snappied with a cover and theres just something about the old cloth look!! :D

kiwikawboy
TNN nutter

Post by kiwikawboy » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:13 pm

.... can be dyed for a funky look or use a coloured snappi.... or both, green and purple purhapes :wink: ... maybe a tie dyed look.. (been at gypsy fair today :lol: )

Cat
Mum to Amber (12)and Seth (9)and Finn (jan 2013) love vege gardens and anything woollen :)

helen
TNN nerd

wouldnt

Post by helen » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:05 am

go opast these as i have used these from the start with lochlan. the cotton flats just got soaked in a few seconds of wearing them. now use them to stuff pockets-im not worried at all about bulkyness if it works-great and hes only in night nappies now anyway

bellasmum
TNN nerd

Towelling Flats

Post by bellasmum » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:18 pm

I love terry towelling flats!!! :smt049 and I just have to have a rave...

I just visited my parents last week and ordered 12 terry flats to keep at their house so I only had to cart with me liners and covers.....and wow!!! they are so cute and functional. I used them as a change mat, a bath towel and of course a nappy!! I used what I think is commonly called the "oragami" fold - the triangle one with the pad in the middle and used a snappi.

I tended to use them coverless, as we hung out a home a lot. I am really surprised at myself, as I have a fairly varied stash, and am pretty attached to my MCN -AND I never thought I'd fall in love with something so "boring" - but now I have found myself bidding on some on TM to use around home.

There is nothing cuter or more nostelgic.....and Mum was happier as she finds MCN confusing.... :roll:

anyway rave over :oops: :oops: :oops:

Cheers,
Kim

ClothConvert
TNN nerd

Post by ClothConvert » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:26 pm

anyone got a pic? Where do you order terry flats from? I only see flannel flats in the retail shops, do they sell terry flats too?

bellasmum
TNN nerd

Post by bellasmum » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:33 pm

I ordered Actil Towelling nappies for $36.95 from Winkalotts

Their website is www.winkalotts.co.nz they do free delivery in NZ.

I don't have a piccy, but they are like thinnish baby towels - quite bulky I guess in comparison to MCN, but great for a toddler imo.

hth Kim :D

aussiemum
TNN guru

Post by aussiemum » Wed May 30, 2007 10:25 pm

I'm really enjoying using my terry flats. Wow, I can't believe after 18 months I'm actually using them as nappies! I normally put them in my Fuzzibunz, folded with lots of absorbency at the front for my boy. A good way to keep costs down and of course they are so fast to dry!
I'm Tamara, Mum to Gorgeous Joshie 9, Delightful David 6 & Step-Mum to Sweet Sarah 16
Adoptive Mum to Jess & Louise my furbabies.

"If it wasn't for the last minute, I wouldn't get anything done!"

aussiemum
TNN guru

Post by aussiemum » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:19 pm

It's funny how I could love something so simple, but I've been having great success with using a pad-folded terry inside a Bummis Cover. It's great when you can re-use the cover too.
I'm Tamara, Mum to Gorgeous Joshie 9, Delightful David 6 & Step-Mum to Sweet Sarah 16
Adoptive Mum to Jess & Louise my furbabies.

"If it wasn't for the last minute, I wouldn't get anything done!"

Return to “Flats and Prefolds”