Monkey Doodlez

aylasmummy

Post by aylasmummy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:29 am

karyn do you know if they will be made in a snap version as i really want to order a few but ayla loves to undo velcro :roll:

FluffyMail
TNN guru

Post by FluffyMail » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:33 am

Not at this point sorry :cry:
The velcro on these is pretty strong though and it only has the 1 tab in the middle if you cross over. Not quite so obvious as the side versions.
now FluffyMail formally ittibittinz
Karyn - Mum to Jakob 9 and Isaac 6
NZ Distributor of itti bitti and ones&twos

Image Image

itti bitti FACEBOOK page
ones & twos FACEBOOK page

Shae
TNN nerd

Post by Shae » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:10 pm

Hi Karyn,
I'm LOVING my micro doodlez and and thinking about ordering more. My question is, Joel is vertually 6kg now (give or take 50g) so would a med get better length of use rather than more smalls? It's more an issue of the rise rather than the waist, as the tabs on his smalls are overlapping and the fit is pretty perfect at the moment. I think they are fantastic and want to get as much use out of them as possable.
Mama to A, J, & A
www.farmfamily.blogspot.com

FluffyMail
TNN guru

Post by FluffyMail » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:57 pm

The medium would probably be too big at this stage I would think. I had Isaac in a large, his weight was at the bottom end range of 11.5kg and they were massive on him. If they are fitting lovely now chances are you should get a bit more wear out of them :D

Image Image

itti bitti FACEBOOK page

Kim
TNN nerd

Post by Kim » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:48 pm

I recently purchased one orginal and one mirco doodlez...
Love the look and feel of these naps. Great quality made product.

I purchased the Medium Long Rise naps.
My boys are
9.5kgs chubby thigh
14.5 lean thigh
Both tall boys. Hence I thought this size would be perfect.

Certainly too big on my youngest.... without a doubt.
I have tried each nap twice on my eldest and all times had terrible leaks. Done up as tight as I could get them, there is still obvious room in the thigh..
I don't know how to tighten that. The Tabs come up at the top of the nappy too.???? Perhaps my boys would have been better in a medium normal rise?
But both of them are 85percentile boys for their height....

Sort of at a loss, if anyone has a medium that they would like to swap for a medium long rise.... Let me know,,,, otherwise I guess I'll be onselling these.... Soooo frustrating when you can't try them on your child first...

Also IMO the orginal is my better pick or the two... beautifully trim and very durable nap!!! Quite different to anything else I have tried....
Relatively quick to dry... I think it just lacks more adjusting for various baby shapes...

my boys wear medium and petite fuzzis if thats anything to go by.

I would definately say these naps are large fitting.

Hope that helps others

CarlaK
TNN guru

Post by CarlaK » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:09 pm

I have a lovely Lavender Monkey Doodle Original that i have been using on Olivia, its a great fit, and very absorbant, i didnt want to review until after she had been #2s in it, and it contained the BF poo rather nicely! i really do like these nappies, the ONLY thing i have issue with (and its pretty minor!) is with the Monkey Doodle Original the lining of the nappy pulls very easily (i think it happens in the wash with the other velcroe nappies) so i have ordered a Micro Doodle, and will give that a go :) very cool nappy, i am impressed!
Carla, Mum of Kaylee - 8, Olivia - 6, Benjamin - 3

Just keep swimming ;)

FionaS

Post by FionaS » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:45 pm

My first Monkey Doodlez Original one arrived today and it is fab! It is so trim it is just like a disposable. I'm yet to test its absorbency but suspect this is going to be my favourite nap!!

Q's - do you think it will be absorbent for 3 hours? How long does it take to try?

Shae
TNN nerd

Post by Shae » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:02 pm

They dry really quickly, but :cry: I've been having a few leaks with mine lately, maybe I'll have to strip it? Will keep you posted.
Mama to A, J, & A
www.farmfamily.blogspot.com

FluffyMail
TNN guru

Post by FluffyMail » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:22 am

Hi Shae

Sorry to hear that you are having leaking issues .. if absorbency has diminished and it was there before, chances are that there will be a build up on the nappies from too much detergent.

Hope it improves!

Image Image

itti bitti FACEBOOK page

Wisegirl
TNN guru

Post by Wisegirl » Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:45 pm

Can I please ask just what is the diffference between the Mirco and the Original?

I have looked at the Mother Instinct site a few times and read here and still can't seem to see what the difference is apart from the colours (and coordination of Microfleece). Can someone please help me out? :smt017

This may be a really silly question :oops:

FluffyMail
TNN guru

Post by FluffyMail » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:02 pm

The Micro is a non pill co-ordinating microfleece inner, and the Original is like the fabric used in athletic clothing, and supposed to be even more breathable than microfleece, and it is white in colour. The Micro is more plush, the original is probably slightly trimmer in fit.

Hope this helps!

Image Image

itti bitti FACEBOOK page

Wisegirl
TNN guru

Post by Wisegirl » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 pm

Thanks Karyn, so they are both the same nap essentially apart from the lining? .....also........ can I ask if the Micro came out after the Original, is it because the Original's lining is inferior in some way? Or is just to capture peoples preference?

FluffyMail
TNN guru

Post by FluffyMail » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:20 pm

Yes both are exactly the same apart from the inner. Peformance wise I don't really think there is much difference. The Original was the first Monkey Doodlez style to come out and I think introducting the Micro was just to give people a couple of different choices of inners - much like snaps or velcro.

Image Image

itti bitti FACEBOOK page

Wisegirl
TNN guru

Post by Wisegirl » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:23 pm

Thank heaps Karyn, I am glad I have that settled in my head now :roll:

FionaS

Post by FionaS » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:19 pm

My gorgeous pink Micro Doodlez arrived a few days ago. Today was dd's second time in it and she kindly christened it with an exclusively-breastfed-been-brewing-for-10days explosion. We were in the car at the time and I'm pleased to say everything was contained. Now my challenge will be to get that lovely pink fleece looking pink again. :roll:

Return to “All-in-Ones”