Kooshies Ultra

**sunshine**
TNN nerd

Kooshies Ultra

Post by **sunshine** » Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:09 pm

I give these a 2 for fit, I used them on both of my girls and they didnt really give a good fit with either of them. I found the width between the legs too narrow and not enough elastic to contain both wee and poo.

Louise
TNN oracle

Post by Louise » Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:07 pm

I have used Kooshies Ultra Large size on dd from 17 months until 2 1/2 when she toilet trained (approx 14kg) and loved the fact that you can just throw the whole thing in the wash - up until that point I'd been getting soaked covers (weenies) each change. They do give a bit of a bubble-bum though. I found I had to boost them well. Not great for poo containment. I'd give these a 2.5/5 for fit.

I have also used Kooshies Ultra Newborn size. Good to have in the nappy bag for easy changing when out and about. Very quickly grown out of - dd was 3.25kg at birth and there is no stretch in them so they fit a very limited weight range. 2.5/5 for fit.

Louise

smileeah
TNN nerd

Post by smileeah » Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:25 am

I give these a 3.5 for fit on my 17 mth old. I like that they are so easy to use and if he has done his poop for the day I can use them with ease, as long as I change him often.

I wouldn't recommend anyone invest lots of money in them though. And I wouldn't like to try them on my 2 mth old.
Melissa.

Mum to three boys - 7yrs, 5yrs & 4yrs!

Sharonnz
TNN guru

Post by Sharonnz » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:30 am

Yuck! Thought this would be a practical AIO to have in the nappy bag for Dh but we never got a good fit & poop ALWAYS came out the leg holes! Sharon

joanna
TNN newbie

Post by joanna » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:36 pm

Well, never had a problem on my girl from about 8 months - 18 months.
The new ones were fine, but I bought one lot off trademe that were already quite used, and I ended up throwing them out, because they got quite worn out - the cover bit went hard, and started cracking, and the elastic went.
Agree that they are narrow in the crotch, so can leak sometimes.

Not using them with my 10 weeker regularly, but haven't had problems.

They do gape.

But are certainly much easier than having an overnap.
Mum of girls - #3 due for arrival 3rd April 07!

annie
TNN nerd

Post by annie » Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:26 pm

these were my introduction to fitted nappies and i thought they were great for my toddler. perhaps her poos were more formed? i don't remember any problems with leaking. at night i used a folded flat inside to boost them. it was great just throwing the whole lot in the wash and just so simple after nearly three children in folded flats...that seemed to never be thick enough...i was hooked and i liked that my daughter could take it off if she wanted to go toilet.
now tho i have taken them out of storage for my youngest and they seem a bit smelly and the waterproof layer is cracking...haven't started using them yet as she is still too skinny but will give them a good soak and wash and see how i go.
annie

joanna
TNN newbie

Post by joanna » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:13 pm

Thought I'd add another comment - we have since swapped all our small size kushies for nap-naps&covers, but we decided to keep the big size kushies for toilet training purposes - They are so easy to take on & off, quicker than other types.
Now that Emily is toilet trained, we only use them at night for her - just in case. She's usually dry, but if she does wee, then they are very well contained.
Mum of girls - #3 due for arrival 3rd April 07!

gummybear
TNN nutter

Post by gummybear » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:52 pm

I have only had 2 4-10kg k. ultras (one was $1 second hand )and give them a 5 for fit. I had a newborn one, but that was a waste of money, it only fit for 6 weeks.
As we EC we haven't had any pooed in nappies for nearly a year so I can't remember how they contained the mess. -No leaks with wees though and they are nice and trim. With a newone due soon, I guess I'll remember how they go with poo and why I never bought more of them. :D
Gummybear
Mum to Ruby (Jan 04) and Nelson (Sept 05) (Jun 08) and Oscar (Jun 10). All homebirthed, breastfed, non-vaxed, cloth-nappied and mostly homeschooled :)

Sophie NZ
TNN newbie

Used '3' times, different experiences

Post by Sophie NZ » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:38 pm

I tried these on DD6 (heavy wetter) at first with the toddlersize and what ever I tried, they always wicked on her tummy. After a couple of days trying and asking for advise from the seller I gave up and stored them with a 'maybe for next baby?' thought. I could not believe that it did not work out for us, as Kushies was supposed to be THE brand and everybody loves them right? And the prints were so adorable. So against my good sense, I bought some infant size AIO's for DS4. Same problem with him, eventhough he was long and slim, where DD6 had a big tummy. With him I also got the terrible breastfeedingpoop accidents all the time. So if I was on my way somewhere I would still use them together with a Kushies cover, so why go AIO aye? I really got frustrated and sold my toddlersize immediately, hardly worn. Then I had DS3 last year and I still had a couple of hardly used Kushies Ultra Infant size. And with him, they worked! No wicking, great fit, the only thing, he grew out of them before he got to 8-9 kgs. I do not think that the kgs on the nappies are right, also for toddler size, 16 kgs was very tied and almost impossible and 20 kgs as maximum is very overdone imo.
OK, that is my Ultra experience, I had real high expectations and I loved looking at them, but that's all.
BTW, have you ever seen the ad with two babies crawling with their bottoms up from Kushies? (I think I had them fro PHP, UK) It's on some of their leaflets. Well one of the babies has some of the cloth sticking out at the leg and I always wondered why they used this photo for promotional purposes.
Regards Sophie NZ
Mommy to Denisa (aug2000), Tristan (jun2002) and Jaromir (jul2005)

ms.belinda
TNN nerd

Garbage nappies

Post by ms.belinda » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:00 pm

Hate hate hate these! :evil: I don't have three days to wait for them to dry, the outer waterproof isn't pliable enough, and the inner isn't soft enough. I have no idea why they're a known brand - I feel like cutting mine up and using it for a menstrual pad instead - it is very absorbant ;)
Mum to 3 toilet-trained children of various ages and genders. ;)

Natty
TNN guru

Re: Garbage nappies

Post by Natty » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:36 pm

ms.belinda wrote:Hate hate hate these! :evil: I don't have three days to wait for them to dry, the outer waterproof isn't pliable enough, and the inner isn't soft enough. I have no idea why they're a known brand - I feel like cutting mine up and using it for a menstrual pad instead - it is very absorbant ;)

:lol: I really didnt like the one I had either :roll:
I used it once and then got rid of it.But Im not keen on nappies that dont have a stay dry layer.
Natalia, Mummy to 2 beautiful Princesses,Nina :princess:(09-05-07) and Olivia :princess:(07-11-08)

ms.belinda
TNN nerd

Post by ms.belinda » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:29 pm

LOL - that was one of my first (if not *THE* first) post I ever made to TNN! Awwwww! :smt050
Mum to 3 toilet-trained children of various ages and genders. ;)

Return to “All-in-Ones”