Designer Bums AIO

Dunners
TNN oracle

Designer Bums AIO

Post by Dunners » Wed May 25, 2005 4:53 pm

I've just been sent a Designer Bums AIO.

I will update this post once I've given it a good run.

Here are my first impressions:
* delicious microsuede lining
* wonderfully soft microfleece outer (with a hidden PUL lining)
* long cross over velcro tabs to give a large variation in size
* well thought-out fold out hemp soaker pad that is contained within a pocket which also allows more to be added if required
* lovely soft bindings around the legs
* hard to describe inner elastic "pouchy" type bit which is an extra guard against leaks (within the microsuede bit).

It is a wonderful fit on Emily. It shall wash it tonight and hopefully we can use it tomorrow night!
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

embejo
TNN nerd

Post by embejo » Thu May 26, 2005 8:33 pm

I have one of Designer Bums All in One nappies.

I've used in during the day on my son and found it so so easy. It's the first AIO that I have tried, so I enjoyed that you just have to put it on! (No cover required etc). For this reason, it would be perfect for the nappy bag when leaving baby with a babysitter who isn't familiar with cloth. The inner microfleece is very high quality and soft, so I don't use extra liners with it.

I've found it quite absorbant and had no leaks. But I haven't used overnight. The leg guards contained a breastfed baby's poo (just starting solids) very well.
The elastic didn't leave red marks. The soakers fold out for drying which is great, and that feature also allows for extra stuffing for overnight etc.

It does take longer to dry as is normal with AIO's, but if you're after an easy system, then this is a great nappy.

Oh, and they look great too!
Mother of four lovely children
DD 8 years. DS 6 years. DS 4 years. DS 1 year.

rachael
TNN nerd

Post by rachael » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:11 pm

I have one of these and love it. Really good design, different to any other AIO I have seen and works really well. No probs with containment, no marking on legs, no leaks apart from slight compression wicking around the leg area if left on for ages (bad mummy!)with no boosting. I have used it for overnight with a hemp booster in the pocket area with no problems. I was impressed with the drying time, one day on the line and they were dry, really unusual for a AIO! I like to use it when we are out, love that I don't have to fuss around with covers etc and always get comments from strangers in the parents room as they look so funky! Oh and Angela of designer bums is lovely to deal with too, and happy to help out if needed.
Mya (12) Elise (10) Robbie (7) Daniel (4)

Dunners
TNN oracle

Post by Dunners » Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:42 pm

Emily had a pooing day while we were on holiday. It put many nappies to the test and I'm stoked to report that her Designer Bums AIO did a fantastic job at containing such a sloppy mess (sorry about the description). The inner gusset bits were fantastic in providing a pocket type bit to hold it all.

It is a lovely fit, and with Emily's recent facination with velcro, the extra flap does a wonderful job at stopping her from removing her nappies.
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

0ebuny
TNN nerd

Post by 0ebuny » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:53 am

i got an all in one i have given it a little try althought the size i got was a bit big i had a little leak but that could be bacuse of two reasons one she is so tiny in it and two i dident soak it first i just couldent wait to try it

ok heres what i found i personally like all in ones they are easy no folding or seperate pieces i wont even start on my partner who puts on kushies like defusing a bomb

these are great no liners needed
i love the look and the feel
i love the leak guards
i also love the fold out soaker
and the ability to boost for night or wheneva its needed

i have orded more

i recomend these nappies to anyone who is not sure about going cloth they are super simple and very easy to wash and dry
BEX

wahm to Mikayla waterbirth on 7/3/05, tristan 4/2/07 and Akasha (unplanned homebirth) 25/4/11
one angel baby Zane

Bum Basics: cheak out our facebook page were having a big sale.

stripeycat
TNN nerd

Post by stripeycat » Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:53 am

I have 2 Designer Bums 'pull apart' AIOs with PUL outers and microfleece inners (and FOE around the legs).

The leak guard/gusset thingies are quite large - really great for containing explosions, but you have to be careful that they are tucked away properly and not sticking out the side or you'll get wicking. I like the front pocket design, as there is always a good amount of stuffing at the front for my tummy sleepers. And the fold over top hides the velcro and keeps everything safe from fiddly fingers and always looking neat (and funky!).

I like that you can take them apart for quick drying (and thorough cleaning of the hemp soaker), but I find the sleeve (I think it's microterry?) that the soaker goes in a bit narrow to stuff in a hurry.

Very absorbant and versatile nappies- and really easy for un-initated babysitters to use.
Megan, crazy lunch lady and mum to 5 gorgeous girls.

bizzy
TNN nerd

Post by bizzy » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:31 pm

ok so where do you get designer bums from?
Deborah, SAHM to three

embejo
TNN nerd

Post by embejo » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:49 pm

Check the WAHM's list under "Cloth Resources and websites".

But, trademe username is 'skytower' and TNN username is zayarn.

HTH
Mother of four lovely children
DD 8 years. DS 6 years. DS 4 years. DS 1 year.

Return to “All-in-Ones”