NEW Swaddlebees AIO

Stacey
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Stacey » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:04 pm

Karyn,

You are most welcome to post reviews - the rules havent changed since they were posted. I made a mistake, and Ive apologised for it (in PM also). The original post was obviously incorrect (everyones human hey?) My only other comment is a suggestion to *all WAHMs* that in order to prevent just this type of misunderstanding, that it would be a good idea to make your 'disclosure' very obvious.

Its a fact of life that WAHMs in this industry (when our precious little bundles are involved) are held to very high ethical standards, often much more so than in other areas of business. Our forum rules try to provide a guideline for what the community thinks is 'the best' ethical behaviour. For the protection of both customers and WAHMs. Sometimes mistakes are made, or misunderstandings happen - but if we are all 'doing the right things' then those issues can easily be sorted out and we can all carry on our merry way :)
------- Admin --------
:smt049 Mama to 2 beautiful kiddiwinks :smt049

bizzy
TNN nerd

Post by bizzy » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:43 pm

well i saw immed that you were selling them - i guess i read all of your post...

Now that you have been using it for a while is it still standing up. I know that sometimes a nappy seems great to start then you find problems, so would like to know how it is holding up now...

and koastal, have you got yours yet and tested it - i didnt see your review of it...???
Deborah, SAHM to three

FluffyMail
TNN guru

Post by FluffyMail » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:29 pm

bizzy

I added in at the top that I was selling them this week .. it is mentioned later on in the post but wasn't really evident enough so I made it a bit more obvious! :)

You are so right about nappies and how often your opinion of them changes after some use. Really in hindsight I should have given the nappy a bit more time before I blurted out my excitable post - but it did perform really well.

The downside of the nappy is that it takes a while to dry .. I think this is a problem with most AIO's and a hard one to get around really. I also found with the medium size it was quite difficult to get the booster insert in but possibly the larger size is easier to stuff. I have also been told the the velour takes a few washes to fluff up and reach it's full absorbency. I haven't been using mine lately as my ds is probably close to the the 11kg in weight now and I'm finding the medium is looking a bit small - and Swaddlebees are on the smaller side compared with other nappies.

I think I will hold off and wait till the new version comes out (the next shipment) with Organic Velour and a wider crotch. Then I will give the large a trial run.
now FluffyMail formally ittibittinz
Karyn - Mum to Jakob 9 and Isaac 6
NZ Distributor of itti bitti and ones&twos

Image Image

itti bitti FACEBOOK page
ones & twos FACEBOOK page

bizzy
TNN nerd

Post by bizzy » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:49 pm

thanks for that karyn...
(i saw your original post before you edited it too and wasnt confused then.)

i might wait till later then cause i think my boys are just at that in between sized thing, really annoying.
Deborah, SAHM to three

Koastal
TNN nutter

Swaddlebee AIO's

Post by Koastal » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:57 am

I got mine yesterday and don't really know what to say about them as I don't want to put anyone off. I will step carefully.

Firstly I will say that I wasn't aware that swaddlebee's were so different to other pockets nappies such as fuzzibunz. The elastic in the legs are so tight and they kind of bunch up really tight. I have just yesterday seen an original swaddlebee pocket and these do the same thing.

Now as far as the quality of the nappy I would rate it very highly. Very professionally made.

Fabrics, are very yummy and super soft so a very comfortable nappy for baby to wear.

I'm writing based on looks as i've been too scared to try it incase I don't like it. I'm also having difficulty deciding on medium or large. My model wasn't very cooperative yesterday and just wanted to jump into the big pile of pillows on my bed and leave slobbery marks.

I think AIO's are good for people who can't be bothered, and for dad's and daycare centres. So I guess for everyone else an ordinary swaddlebee pocket is probably the best option.

Rua Mama
TNN addict

Post by Rua Mama » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:20 pm

Hiya
I asked Rosie to order me one of the Swaddlebee AIO's before she shut up shop as i was getting some more oragnic velour newborns for the Kete Kope hire kits. It arrived a couple of weeks ago but then we had the tummy bug so there was no way i was trying it out then :D
I have always liked Swaddlebees... the fit has always been great for Poutama being a big boy with chunky thighs. Now that he's slimming down they still are fitting well... he's in a large done up on the tightest snaps one side and the middle on the other...

OK on to the review of the AIO... i boosted it up with a large size Swaddlebee hemp insert, fits really well. It was really absorbant...lasted 3 hours no problem, however i m not convinced about having the velour lining. When i took the nappy off the whole nappy including the lining was soaked. I would prefer a stay dry layer against the skin...

In saying that i also have two of the Swaddlebee fitted pockets -a hemp and a organic velour (both were ordered for me by Rosie)
They both have velour lining and being a pocket fitted need a cover. I haven't found the lining velour to be as wet on these when i take them off. I use a hemp insert against the lining and a microfibre insert at the back... I love the fact that these dry so quickly but are used as a fitted and can be boosted up by stuffing the pocket... love these nappies

I wonder if the AIO having the microfibre against the lining was full to saturation after three hours and was sqeezing back out onto the lining...
I'll have to try it again for less time... like all AIO's it takes a while to dry
I'm not a big AIO fan but i like having a few for the inlaws/whanau etc...
I've had a pocket put on backwards (PUL against the skin) before .... hmmm i guess you could make that mistake with an AIO too :wink:

ema
Proud Mums of our gorgeous sons:
Poutama born May 2005 & Taaniko born Dec 2008

rochellej
TNN guru

Post by rochellej » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:05 am

I'm in love with my swaddlebee AIO's for Maia

I was a bit worried when I first got them because I prewashed them with my new small size fuzzi's for new bub & the large swaddlebee looked smaller than the small fuzzi's But once on Maia, they fitted her beautifully & she loves the colours, I have trouble getting the bubblegum pink one off her!

It's taken probably about 4 hot washes to get them absorbing properly & I have a few piko baby hemp & BKT booster inserts which fit really nicely in the pocket. It's not the nappy I can leave on the longest for but fit wise on my petite wee pocket rocket it the greatest.
Rochelle

Daniel - 2002
Maia - 2004
Ava - 2006

FluffyMail
TNN guru

Post by FluffyMail » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:57 pm

You'll have to post a pic of her in her Bubblegum one :D will be nice to see a girly colour!
now FluffyMail formally ittibittinz
Karyn - Mum to Jakob 9 and Isaac 6
NZ Distributor of itti bitti and ones&twos

Image Image

itti bitti FACEBOOK page
ones & twos FACEBOOK page

Koastal
TNN nutter

Post by Koastal » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:12 pm

I'm interested in trying both the Velour pocket and the velour AIO but am wondering are they both now made wider in the crotch and do they have the leg elastic stitched in so it can't be seen? I don't like the inside of the nappy to stick out and the swaddlbee pocket with just the microfleece leaked like crazy.
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10722;80/st/20051018/n/Blake/dt/18/k/ff07/age.png[/img]

[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10723;30/st/20090306/n/Libby+Kate/dt/27/k/deec/age.png[/img]

[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wW82xK0/weight.png[/img]

aylasmummy

Post by aylasmummy » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:03 am

im not sure if theyre wider in the crotch but yes the elastic is in a casing :)

Wisegirl
TNN guru

Post by Wisegirl » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:05 am

Yep, they are wider in the crotch as well. :D

Rodent
TNN nerd

Post by Rodent » Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:37 pm

I don't like my Swaddlebees AIO much at all :( I find the sizing smaller than the pockets and they're a little bulkier also (than the microfleece ones that is), though still fairly trim. They don't leak or anything but don't have much absorbancy and take AGES to dry (as long as my BBB!). I do like the pocket to add more absorbancy but mainly because it enables me to feel if it's still wet inside (and turn it inside out to dry faster if necessary. I don't like the velour layer AT ALL and neither does Immanuel! He screams as soon as it's wet, I'm guessing because it is uncomfortable. I use liners with all my other nappies so I guess he's not used to that wet feeling. Wish they had a microfleece option, I won't be getting any more of these, in fact I may sell off the one I have one of these days (maybe...).

--Rodent
Image Immanuel - 6 Image Zevulun - 5 Image Amram - 4 Image Itamar - 2 Image Benaya - 1

FionaS

Post by FionaS » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:36 pm

I love the feel of the velour.

Have others found it stays wet against the babies skin? I haven't really been able to try mine yet as it needs a few more washes.

RJ
TNN convert

Post by RJ » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:56 pm

Just got one of these naps ... worn it a few times now ... lovely and trim but I don't find it absorbent enough so add a hemp insert in the pocket section and also find it takes ages to dry - longer than all my other AIO's.
Rachael
[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://b3.lilypie.com/IULpp13/.png[/img][/url]
[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://b1.lilypie.com/Ut3Ip13/.png[/img][/url]

farlos
TNN nerd

Post by farlos » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:52 am

So does the velour stay wet against the skin? I have just purchsed one of these and am now worried I haven't done my research and worried that Ben might have a problem with it. He needs a stay-dry lining against his skin as he tends to rash if he gets too wet. Oh dear... #-o :smt087
Caroline, mother of Benjamin 27/02/06 and Georgina 21/12/07

Return to “All-in-Ones”