Bummis Super Whisper Wraps (BSWW)

ClothConvert
TNN nerd

Bummis Super Whisper Wraps (BSWW)

Post by ClothConvert » Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:18 pm

This is a PUL wrap, see www.bummis.com for more info.

Great wrap, fits really well on Samuel, leaving no marks and are great for poop containment.

Could do with more cute prints, as currently we only get a choice of white, froggy, or cosmic baby prints.

It is quite a big jump from size small to medium, and although I have not seen a large one, apparently the difference between the med and large isn't as substantial as from small to medium.

Overall rating: 5 (out of 5)

I bought ours from Snazzipants www.snazzipants.co.nz

Stacey
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Stacey » Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:51 pm

4.5 - can easily fit a premium prefold in a medium size. Fits over a full terry square boosted for night. Generously cut and will fit over practically anything. This can be a problem over a trim nappy (bit baggy). Great poop containment, never had a leak, quite adjustable.

Stacey

Razz
TNN guru

Post by Razz » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:26 am

4.5 for fit. Doesn't contain my boys poop all that well, does come out the legs a bit, no matter how well i do them up. Otherwise i love them!
Rachel, Mama to Nate, Zach and Kaiabean

check out my patterns http://www.ravelry.com/designers/rachel-evans

**sunshine**
TNN nerd

Post by **sunshine** » Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:03 pm

I would say they are a 5 for fit on both my girls. I have tried lots of covers in the past an for *us* they fit over all of my fitted nappies (except Tots, I would probebly need a Large to go over them) perfectly. I have actually only experienced wicking if I have left their nappy on too long during the day when they have had alot of fluids. I use the sz Med overnight over Snazzis and I havent had a leak over night yet.

Lissa
TNN convert

Post by Lissa » Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:06 am

my favourite cover! i'd give it a big 5 for fit.
these fit nicely over all my fitted naps
never had a dreaded leak
affordable
quick to dry (very very important for me!)
contains poo well
never leaves marks on my sons thighs/ around his waist

i just wish they would make more colours and/or patterns
Mum to two little monkeys:
DS 4 yrs
DD 1.5 yrs

Nikki
TNN nerd

Post by Nikki » Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:05 pm

I give it a 5 out of 5 as well. We've only had a leak if nappy inside it too soaked through and it leaks out as nowhere else to go or if i've had some cloth poking outside of the leg (I use traditional flats inside mine).

My son has been in the Medium size since he was 8mths old (that's when we discovered them) and is still just fitting into them at 19mths. We are also using a couple of large ones if my 2 mediums get pooy and they are quite a bit larger up the back and a bit baggy but haven't had any leaks.

I will be trying out my Smalls on the new bub in about 4 mths time (didn't go for the newborn size since my first was almost 4kgs at birth). Hopefully they fit ok over the flat newborn fold. I got some cool cosmic patterned ones whereas my Medium and Larges are only in white.

I've found this a really economical reliable option.

smileeah
TNN nerd

Post by smileeah » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:29 am

I give these a 5 as well. They are my favourite covers.

I use a flat folded into a pad in a medium wrap on my 17 mth old and it always contains everything. At night I use a large for him and because I can overlap the tags it fits really well over his big nighttime bot.

For my 2 mth old I use a small size over a snappied prefold or LR and as long as I make sure all the nappy is tucked into the wrap (I usually need to tuck up the legs) it works really well.

These are a great investment IMO.
Melissa.

Mum to three boys - 7yrs, 5yrs & 4yrs!

Sharonnz
TNN guru

Post by Sharonnz » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:35 am

Rave, rave, rave about these covers. Great over a snappied prefold & fitted nappies. Sharon

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:47 pm

Its all been said before,
5 5 5 5 5 !!
They are the best, and really cheap too..in fact they are so good I can't smell the poo, so have to take them off to see if there is one,
Jacqui

Angel
TNN guru

Post by Angel » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:43 am

LOVE them, perfect over a folded flat, dont even need pins. 5!
Aimee http://www.ravelry.com/projects/angeldunedin
~ Ella - 11 years old ~ Toby - 8.5 years old ~ Olivia - 5.5 years old ~
ImageImage

Dunners
TNN oracle

Post by Dunners » Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:04 am

Just noticed I'd not added a comment.

We have a plain & a cosmic baby wrap. Usually it's just used with a folded prefold, sometimes I use it to cover a snappied prefold or fitted nappy.

Great cover - love the way the tabs can be crossed over. Feels wonderful and looks great (despite looking a little bulky since Emily's on the lower end of the weight range).
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

sarahw
TNN nerd

Bummis SWW

Post by sarahw » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:26 pm

I love the prints, great for showing off in this hot weather.

I would only rate as 4 though - I find the elastic tends to leave red marks, and they are a bit loose and bulky , prefold can get bunched up, and I have a had the odd leak (through cover not out sides), probably when prefold has moved about in nappy.

Size medium is very generous - I bought this size when my boy was 4-5 months, but it was way too big. A good fit now at 8 months.

rachael
TNN nerd

Post by rachael » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:25 am

I do love this cover but mostly over fitteds. I haven't had much luck with prefolds, my first DD I always got leaks no matter what, and 2nd DD they marked her legs really badly. So I would give them a 2 with prefolds but 5 for just being a cover over fitteds/pinned flats. I am wondering if I had sizing issues and that accounted for the problems, as everyone else finds them so good!

RachelB
TNN convert

Post by RachelB » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:26 am

I must be the only mother who didn't enjoy using these!
Hence I sold them on Trademe. I found they left red marks and velcro scratching on my sons tummy, I also had to remove the laundry tab velcro on the inside due to it rubbing. Prefolds bunched up abit. :(
Switched to Nix Naps and use a Prorap over my Snazzipants, the best fit ever!
Mum to two gorgeous sons Harrison 8 yrs and
Miller 5yrs

rachael
TNN nerd

Post by rachael » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:24 pm

Lol RachelB I bought those off you on trade me!! And I didn't love them either, (they marked my little girl really badly too see above comment) and so I also sold them on to a lady on here! She I might add, does like them so finally those covers have found a happy home! :P
Mya (12) Elise (10) Robbie (7) Daniel (4)

Return to “Covers”