real nappies, reveiws please

mummylove
TNN nerd

real nappies, reveiws please

Post by mummylove » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:17 pm

Hi, my friend is about to buy a whole heap of these she is new to cloth Ive had a nb one but never got to use it on my lil man as it was too small, it did look real nice however, not sure on the pre-folds never used them either,
I think you can get them in the super market now? was strange but great to see the options for people out there now :)

would she be happy with buying these ? reveiws asap please id hate her to hate them, and put her off cloth, she is a fan of these cover type Im a pocket lover ;)

thanks

mummylove
TNN nerd

Re: real nappies, reveiws please

Post by mummylove » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:18 pm

boy bad spelling today :rotfl:

misstickle
TNN guru

Post by misstickle » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:12 pm

I really like their newborn/small prefolds but not keen on the larger ones and I much prefer other branded covers (Thirsties Duo Wraps are my fave)

Hope that helps? :)
Formerly known as SPUNKBUBBLE

Laura - keeping up the trend of 'dodgy usernames' since 2007 ;)
Mum to Manaia and Jaye.

Emma
TNN guru

Post by Emma » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:15 pm

We've found them pretty good. Certainly not my favourite but work fine. :D
Emma
Mum to 5 lovely children

grubbiejulz
TNN nerd

Post by grubbiejulz » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:23 pm

Great basic starter no frills nappy.....I second the better in the smaller sizes.
I hated them in Crawler but they were FAB in Infant....I still use all the prefolds in my pockets

They work well and are a great entry nappy.....I'm sure it wont be a waste of money....
Julie
I blog here http://grubbiejulz.blogspot.com/
I'm on Ravelry as grubbiejulz http://www.ravelry.com/people/grubbiejulz
Come meet us IRL at Slingbabies http://www.slingbabies.co.nz

Khai
TNN oracle

Post by Khai » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:30 pm

Is she buying birth to potty? If so, I'd put her off that in case she doesn't like them. I've heard that the Real Nappies covers aren't very good quality. I used the Ecobots system on DS (Prorap covers and prefolds).

Chooky
TNN guru

Post by Chooky » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:36 pm

I have a whole set (2nd hand) of small ones, with newborn covers to use for this baby. The prefolds look fine, just the same as the ones I have from snazzipants - but I have heard the covers may not last the distance. Sorry I can't tell if they're waterproof or not :lol:

Callog
TNN nutter

Post by Callog » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:03 pm

I got given 6 of the infant covers and they worked perfectly fine, although I had an issue with the applix on one side losing all it's grip so I had to replace them.

I use Bummis now and much prefer them for durability. I still stuff Eva into her infant real nappy covers from time to time because they are a bit too small they fit nice and trim under jeans :lol:
Nic, Mum to boisterous twin boys Callum and Logan, born March 2004 + gorgeous Eva born June 2009

Gestational surrogate to Lucian, born 27 July 2012

kryddle
TNN nerd

Post by kryddle » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:34 pm

We had an issue of one leaking (out of the 4 or so we brought) and there customer service is fab! I emailed them and they told me it was probably a faulty batch given the other 3 covers were fine and sent me out 2 to replace it :D
Krystle
Mum to Rylan 22/2/08 and
:angel: Zariah 12/4/13 fly free my beautiful girl

LabRat
TNN nutter

Post by LabRat » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:17 pm

We've used them with Livia from about 3 months - not exclusively though. I actually prefer the Real nappies wraps over Bummis as there is more stretch in the material - mine have washed really well. Early on I had some problems with wicking around the leg hole ... but had the same problem with the bummis' too. As Livia has grown the fit has improved although the sizing they give is accurate, Liv has just grown out of her infant covers at 9.5kg. We tend to use them as an afternoon or backup nappy and have pockets the rest of the time. They are a great trim fit.
Personally I wouldn't buy the whole huge birth to potty pack ... get her to try one of the top up packs with 6 prefolds and a couple of wraps. Then if she likes them she can buy more from Trademe where you can get prefolds for 50c to $1.00 each.

Mrs Shavas
TNN nerd

Post by Mrs Shavas » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:27 pm

Callog wrote:I got given 6 of the infant covers and they worked perfectly fine, although I had an issue with the applix on one side losing all it's grip so I had to replace them

I also had problems with the applix losing its grip. In the end I replaced all the velcro, but the prefolds themselves were fine.
"almost without exception [women] are shown in their relation to men. It was strange to think that all the great women of fiction were, [...]not only seen by the other sex, but seen only in relation to the other sex. And how small a part of a woman’s life is that"Virginia Woolf
Mum to my P Monkey 18/04/08, fox 28/11/09, and Missy moo moo 2/07/12

Aitchy
TNN nerd

Post by Aitchy » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:16 pm

I got a promo cover at a P&C show a couple of years ago, only used it a few times and the binding on the leg came undone, and now one of the velcro tabs is coming unattached (have been using it over DS's night time sposie for the last couple of months). So very poor quality covers I think, I definitely would rate the ecobots covers more highly - plus they have the leg gussets which are very good at containment. I would never recommend anyone buying a whole birth to potty set in one particular style of nappy without trying them out first, I think the suggestion of 6 prefolds plus a couple of covers is a good idea.

Hermione

celeritas2

Post by celeritas2 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:25 pm

Thanks for the advice here. We got a Top Up Infant Pack from Woolworths as it was halfprice, will see how it goes. DH was keen to buy a Birth to Potty Pack but I talked him out of it, hehe.

NPMum
TNN nerd

Post by NPMum » Fri May 27, 2011 9:16 am

I have been using these in newborn and now infant size. In combination with other brands and styles.Never had any leaks. They are so cheap (got for half price at countdown). Don't mind folding them, just as much time as stuffing a pocket. The covers are not as nice as thirsties which are softer and have internal gussett but so much cheaper. I've changed to Bitti tuttos now but am going to keep using real nappies as my back up stash. The prefolds are also good to use as burp cloths etc.

Return to “Covers”