Help me understand why...

Sharonnz
TNN guru

Post by Sharonnz » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:36 am

Yeah...I like the idea of specifically focusing on/inviting newbies. I think that was the idea of the Wgtn/Hutt ones being at Petone Community House, but for some of us the daytime public situation doesn't work well...so it takes commitment from the "oldies" who can do public places to keep going to meet the newbies.

At some point everyone has to get over their fear of small talk/meeting new people to be involved...that's how the oldies got to seem so familiar with one another...we met new people and got to know them over a period of time.

Sharon

Gaia
TNN guru

Post by Gaia » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:44 am

Hi!

Most of us didn't 'know' each other before we got chatting online and started to go to nappichinos.

I am really shy and forced myself to go...and so glad I did. :D

I do find the bigger groups overwelming. I like the idea of hiring that community centre near Janine's. It would only cost us all a few $$$ each and save the stress of it being in someone's home. (Yes....I do try and get down to some (not all) of the Auckland meetings to catch up in person)

Any WHANGAREI people interested in a nappichino ..put up your hand.

Would love to get regular meetings happening up here but at the moment no one seems interested except for a few of us who are pretty spread out.
I'm 15 minutes out of town and Katrina is in Dargaville....and Jailee. Will have to wait until next year now as we are all expecting babies :-).

cheers
~Heather~
~Heather~

**Happiness is not having what you want, but wanting what you have. - ANON **

http://overthetoporiginals.wordpress.com/

Wisegirl
TNN guru

Post by Wisegirl » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:17 am

posh2109 wrote:
Wisegirl wrote:
bizzy wrote:and if youre new and you read the posts about upcoming nappiccinos the people already sound like they know each other really well and you feel like an intruder.

:smt045 :smt045 :smt045

I am still yet to go to one. I do find going along to someones house (or gathering in general) where everybody seems to know each other so well rather nerve racking. Even though I you know you are all so very friendly :)

Oh you should come to mine this Friday!! :wink: We are all very friendly and there may not be too many people coming, so relatively quiet! :D

I really should give it a go, shouldn't I? :smt045

Would you mind PMing me the details? Please.... :)

Nikki
TNN nerd

Post by Nikki » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:39 am

vixnix wrote:If Nikki does.
LOL! :lol:

I actually really like meeting new people and to be different prefer a home setting rather than a public setting. :D I promise, if I'm ever making my way into Wgtn some time I will try and tie it with a nappicino. Of course, anyone who's up/down MY way is more than welcome to pop in. :D

blossom
TNN guru

Post by blossom » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:29 pm

:-k I think Nikki is having a felta-nappi-cinno this weekend?!? :smt047 :smt023 8) :wink:
Janine
Mum to L (30/10/02) & Z (01/01/06)
-----------------------------------------

ClothConvert
TNN nerd

Re: newbies

Post by ClothConvert » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:19 pm

Cad0 wrote: I know I'd love to find out more and see some examples of the different types of nappies and ask an expert or two some questions etc, but, as above, everyone seems to already know everyone and I'm terrible at just rocking up and making small talk ... :oops:
That way we'd get some info, and also easily meet a few of the regulars so a normal nappicino wouldn't seem so scary!
Just a thought :)

I can't speak for all other TNN demonnstrators, but I am most happy (and do) to meet up either at my place, newbie's place or somewhere neutral like a park if newbies want a one-on-one consult.

Dunners
TNN oracle

Post by Dunners » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:21 pm

Christchurch members

ALL are welcome to join us this Wednesday 22nd November at Willowbank. Bring some nibbles for morning tea for your family (there is a cafe style store there)

Willowbank opens at 9.30 am, plan to meet at the Eels at around 9.45 am.

It costs $20 for an adult (or $25 for an annual pass)
$5? for kiddies older than 5?
$54 for an annual family pass (2A 3K) (12 months from date of purchase)
$3 for animal food (birds or farmyard)

Hope to meet a few new people there!

(oh, and if you need a lift please post as there might be someone coming from your way with a spare seat or two!)
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

Nikki
TNN nerd

Post by Nikki » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:23 pm

blossom wrote::-k I think Nikki is having a felta-nappi-cinno this weekend?!? :smt047 :smt023 8) :wink:

Ya coming along Bloss??

blossom
TNN guru

Post by blossom » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:29 pm

Nikki wrote:
blossom wrote::-k I think Nikki is having a felta-nappi-cinno this weekend?!? :smt047 :smt023 8) :wink:

Ya coming along Bloss??

thinking about it! :wink: just have to convince DP that we need to go away for the weekend! :wink:
Janine
Mum to L (30/10/02) & Z (01/01/06)
-----------------------------------------

nikkitheknitter
TNN nerd

Post by nikkitheknitter » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:34 pm

Wisegirl wrote:
posh2109 wrote:
Wisegirl wrote:
bizzy wrote:and if youre new and you read the posts about upcoming nappiccinos the people already sound like they know each other really well and you feel like an intruder.

:smt045 :smt045 :smt045

I am still yet to go to one. I do find going along to someones house (or gathering in general) where everybody seems to know each other so well rather nerve racking. Even though I you know you are all so very friendly :)

Oh you should come to mine this Friday!! :wink: We are all very friendly and there may not be too many people coming, so relatively quiet! :D

I really should give it a go, shouldn't I? :smt045

Would you mind PMing me the details? Please.... :)

Me too? Me too!
Mama to the Red Headed Devil Child and newbie arriving late Jan 2015.

Return to “Cloth Nappy websites and resources (Public)”