Nappie Service?

mrs dressup
TNN newbie

Nappie Service?

Post by mrs dressup » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:17 am

Hi,

I live in Christchurch (but am from Canada) and am wondering if there are any businesses that provide a nappie service. You know, where they deliver fresh clean nappies each week and take away the soiled ones to be cleaned?

THis was pretty popular back home and I wondered if any business did that here. I believe the ones back home were run through the dry cleaners.

Thanks!

Kaz
TNN guru

Post by Kaz » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:23 am

I think someone tried to set one up here in Christchurch, but I'm not sure if they are still in business.
You can never really take control of your life but you can control how you choose to live it.

0ebuny
TNN nerd

Post by 0ebuny » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:36 am

id like to set one up in hams but havent worked out the details yet toooo buzy
BEX

wahm to Mikayla waterbirth on 7/3/05, tristan 4/2/07 and Akasha (unplanned homebirth) 25/4/11
one angel baby Zane

Bum Basics: cheak out our facebook page were having a big sale.

ms.belinda
TNN nerd

Post by ms.belinda » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:25 pm

What do you think it would take to set up such a service? I'm a bit of a laundry nut - and I'd love to have a business! Hmmmm...

P.S. Mrs. Dressup - I'm Canadian too! So *I* know who MR Dressup is LOL
Mum to 3 toilet-trained children of various ages and genders. ;)

Ali
TNN nerd

Post by Ali » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:32 pm

In Auckland Real nappies (I think) has a service but am not sure about the rest of the country.
Ali
<-- Someone got hold of a felt pen!!
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;54;95/st/20060527/n/Isobella+Elliott/dt/16/k/f048/age.png[/img]
[/url]

Dorayaki
TNN addict

Post by Dorayaki » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:56 pm

I'm planning on doing an informal arrangement like this when my friends have babies, basically getting them a hire kit, buying a couple of nappy bins and some detergent, then having a roster amongst our group of friends to each do a load a week for the first six weeks or so. Would also give us an excuse to drop by and check on the mum and new baby.
Katy, full time working mum of B/G twins, now age seven
Expecting #3, a little boy, in August 2013

We <3 Wellington NICU!!

Goldilocks
TNN nerd

Post by Goldilocks » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:38 pm

Dorayaki wrote:I'm planning on doing an informal arrangement like this when my friends have babies, basically getting them a hire kit, buying a couple of nappy bins and some detergent, then having a roster amongst our group of friends to each do a load a week for the first six weeks or so. Would also give us an excuse to drop by and check on the mum and new baby.

What a lovely idea! :D

Carla
~Carla~

Proud mummy to 3 boys..
kayd 23/6/02
Kyan 11/9/06
Rafferty 6/5/10
Life is crazy!

<---My 3 gorgeous boys!

Callum's godmother
TNN guru

Post by Callum's godmother » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:50 pm

Ali wrote:In Auckland Real nappies (I think) has a service but am not sure about the rest of the country.

when I last looked at their website the nappy washing service was not being offered.

marshajm
TNN newbie

Re: Nappie Service?

Post by marshajm » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:46 pm

Hi there,
it might be a bit late for you, but we have set up exactly such a service! Nappyline operates throughout the Christchurch area, hiring and laundering prefold nappies. Our clients purchase their own covers and we supply up to 80 nappies per week, picking up the soiled ones on a specified day and replacing with fresh.

We use the gentlest detergents and acid test for maximum safety. All this for a flat fee of just $35 per week! You can message me or phone 337-5288 for details.

We started the business because my mother in law offered us a years worth of nappy service as a gift when our youngest was born - I couldn't believe there wasn't one operating! It's a neat gift for grandparents because you don't have to worry about getting colours and models etc right!

All the best
Marsha
Nappyline - a nappy laundry service that helps busy parents to use cloth nappies! Because our world is not disposable.

Return to “Cloth Nappy websites and resources (Public)”