Fluffies

Mrs Floyd
TNN nerd

Fluffies

Post by Mrs Floyd » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:58 pm

Today I bought a pair of fluffies training pants for my son. They are terry towelling/foam lined (cotton/polyester/foam lining), so no plasticky stuff (but not 100% natural materials). But they look and feel really nice. They were - wait for it - $3!!!!!

They look very cute on him. He really likes them (because he can grab his boy bits through the material..... :lol: ). My little one is not really ready for toilet training yet, but for $3 I couldn't resist them. They will come in handy for when he is having pseudo no nappy time inside on a cold day. I'll let you know how they handle pee.

Gaia
TNN guru

Post by Gaia » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:04 pm

Hi!

Are they made out of the same fluufy stuff as fluffies?
Have never seen them before but then again we are nowhere near toileet training.

cheers
~Heather~
~Heather~

**Happiness is not having what you want, but wanting what you have. - ANON **

http://overthetoporiginals.wordpress.com/

Mrs Floyd
TNN nerd

Post by Mrs Floyd » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:36 pm

Fluffies is the brand name, but it's not fluffy-fluffy like - er - regular fluffies iykwim. Its just cotton terry on the outside rather than cotton wool-like stuff.

They are Aussie designed, chinese made (as you may have guess by the price!) and are distributed by Fluffies knitwear Industries if that helps.

helen
TNN nerd

yup

Post by helen » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:15 am

we have used these all the way along. cheaper than other training pants and they learn are wet fast

kiwikawboy
TNN nutter

Post by kiwikawboy » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:30 am

are they like the terry training pants that they sell at farmers??
does the foam hold a pee??? (for those who have tried)

Cat
Mum to Amber (12)and Seth (9)and Finn (jan 2013) love vege gardens and anything woollen :)

helen
TNN nerd

yup

Post by helen » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:08 pm

id say same as farmers although havent seen them-maybea different brand but same idea. as for do they hold a pee-no. holds only slight wetness-like getting to toilet. had many a accident but both kids learnt fast it wasnt a nice feeling being wet and soggy. guess that why cheap as dont hold alot like the dreaer types available now but then you dont want to encourage accidents and if have some time at home can be done in no time.

legz
TNN guru

Post by legz » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:26 pm

We briefly used these when Bailey started toilet training. They dont hold much wee so we decided to leave her nappiless at home and she wore pull ups out. This was before we went to cloth. Now we have nix trainerz which are really good. They hold a wee well but get damp on the outside. Abby loves wearing them. We are leaving her nappy free when awake in the day but she wears the trainerz or nappies when we go out.
Lesley

helen
TNN nerd

i

Post by helen » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:31 pm

must say i am lucky in the fact that both my kids havent had major accidents when out. dayna only had 1 or maybe 2 right at the start and lochlna hasnt had any yte-but early days. both can hold on for a couple of hrs before going and then can hold on for some minutes. i do plan to make some a bit more absorbant for lochlan at kindy this yr

Dunners
TNN oracle

Post by Dunners » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:53 pm

MIL bought some for Emily (size 1, 2 and 3). Size 1 is a perfect fit, very nice snug and comfy. (I bought some knickers from The Warehouse and Emily hates wearing them - I think they are a bit scratchy and they work their way up between her cheeks). The foam holds very little at all.

Anyway, I was so impressed with the style of the Fluffies one, that I kept an eye out for more boy-leg style undies. I found some Dimples "overpants" (I assume to go over sposies as they are as trim as knickers on Em - she's 18 months and the overpants are for 12 months). These fit wonderfully, but I wasn't going to spend $7.50 per pair.

Today's adventure has been a trip to Spotlight to find some cotton lycra (clearance for $7/m, 130 cm wide). I made a tracing of the overpants (slightly different cut of leg, and gusset different than the Fluffies) and sewed up a pair that I am really impressed with (and Emily seems to be comfy in them - no tugging at them anywhere).

So now all I have to do is decide on how much absorbency/bulk I want and make some more. I'll draw up the pattern when I get a chance.
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

helen
TNN nerd

do

Post by helen » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:37 am

post a pic of ones made leanne be good to see them. i have a variety of brands that i use

sarahw
TNN nerd

Post by sarahw » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:25 pm

I bought a few of these in the new bright colours (they are Baby First brand but the same as the old Fluffies) for Ryan to wear while we were staying at the beach. I got some size 1 and some size 2 (by accident), but there isn't a lot of difference between sizes.

The foam doesn't hold much, enough to catch a "pre-wee" (you know, when they start to go then hold it in), but will still drip and soak clothes on a big wee.

I like them for round the house - I prefer them to a bare bum for a few reasons: modesty, protect his delicate bits, catch poos and contains the little boy spray :lol: . (I didn't even think about this before it happened: DS doesn't leave a neat wet patch like DD did - we get little drops of wee over a large area!). The fact that they don't hold much makes it really obvious to your little one when they go.

The dark colours have an unexpected upside too - they show up wet patches better than light colours so you can see just by looking if they're wet.

To be honest they don't have a lot going for them over normal undies - DD went straight from nappies to knickers - but they are very comfy looking, and cute too.
Back for another round with baby #3

Return to “Training pants”