TNN newbie

Funky Bumz Aquatics

Post by Funky Bumz » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:34 pm

A PLACE TO POST COMMENTS ON FUNKY BUMZ AQUATICS
Angela Dixon

Dunners
TNN oracle

Post by Dunners » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:57 am

Despite Emily's frequent pooing lately, she didn't put her Aquatics to the poo test when we went swimming today! I'd decided to buy them since they are swim school approved and I needed a boost of confidence after a commercial pair of swimmers leaked on us (sooooo embarrassing :oops: ). Angela had reassured me that they had been well tested with different types of poo.

My first impressions were that they were a lovely fit (size L on 14 month old 13 kg). I liked the double leg guards - soft, yet snug. The bright pink is just gorgeous (now I have to sort out a matching top as her other swim tops are blue & lime or purple & lime).

When Emily climbed out of the water the Aquatics emptied quickly. And as DH said, it would have been very easy to detect a bowel motion because of the fit.

So, overall, we're really pleased with them. We swim weekly, so they will have plenty of use. I really do hope not to poo test them though!
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

themuelsmum
TNN nutter

Post by themuelsmum » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:23 pm

I've tried mine in the pool a few times now, they fit nicely and look so cool, we have a green pair to match the green whale on DS's rash top :)

I did think they were a bit heavy when he first got out of he pool, the fleece soaked up alot of water, but it hasn't affected his swimming at all.

The double leg guards do give you confidence but we've never had a poo test (and really dont want one :) )

Overall I like them and some Mum's at swimming have showed interest too.
Nicky SAHMum to Sam'themuel' born 14 July 04 and now Rob the monster born 17 Dec 06.

Occasionally popping my head out of the sludge of running round after three demanding boys :-)

AngeB
TNN convert

Post by AngeB » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:35 pm

I got given one of these by a friend and have tried them several times. We are using a size small on a 5 month old, who is 7 kg.

He has not poo tested it yet and is not really swimming (more wiggling energetically in the water) but so far its good and it fits nice and snuggly.
AngeB
D - Sept 05
C - Dec 07
A - Feb 10
I - Feb 12
Un-domestic goddess

TheBean
TNN nerd

Post by TheBean » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:42 pm

Love these, they are so cool looking :)

My son is a chunky-thighed 14.5kg at 27 months, so we got a size large (recommended for 18 months+).
It fits great looks comfy etc, but they were quite loose around the legs and I didn't feel safe if we had a non-solid poo ... this wouldn't have been an issue if the week before I got them we hadnt had a run of 3 poo-in-swimming-pool episodes, and all 3 times it was a quick dash to the side as everything was floating out of the various swim naps he had on those times.

So, I ordered a pair of mediums, recommended 9-18months (figured I can use them for bub #2 if they didn't fit B, as they really are gorgeous & would be my 1st choice of swim nap this/next time round) - and they actually fit B ok & are comfortingly tight around his thighs so I feel really safe with them...

Anyway, a cool swim nappy, very very funky!

Oh, the microfleece does really hang onto the water for some reason! Can't leave him in them once he's out of the pool because 2 hours later he'll sit on the couch and still leave a big wet patch, they don't dry out on the body at all. Weird. But, pffft, still my fave anyway ;)
Sarah

themuelsmum
TNN nutter

Post by themuelsmum » Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:40 pm

We've just finished another term swimming and I'd just like to add to my post.

I bought a Farmers Swin top at the same time as the swimmers, the lycra on the top has gone funny now, laddered like lycra does? not sure quite how to explain it :-)

But the swimmers are still going strong, they're in great condition only a little faded, and DS uses them at least once a week.
Nicky SAHMum to Sam'themuel' born 14 July 04 and now Rob the monster born 17 Dec 06.

Occasionally popping my head out of the sludge of running round after three demanding boys :-)

Angel
TNN guru

Post by Angel » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:07 pm

Oh, we have a pair of these! I really like them.
Looked a big baggy in the bum a few times when Ella got out of the water, but thats probably because she's wearing a size large and was not much over 10kgs at that point. These will fit for ages.
Aimee http://www.ravelry.com/projects/angeldunedin
~ Ella - 11 years old ~ Toby - 8.5 years old ~ Olivia - 5.5 years old ~
ImageImage

RJ
TNN convert

Post by RJ » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:55 am

i have the small ones for my 8mth old (approx. 6.8kg). they are very generous fitting, but do the job nicely, though have had no poo test yet. everyone always comments on how nice they look and i love the legs on them - nice and secure looking!
Rachael
[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://b3.lilypie.com/IULpp13/.png[/img][/url]
[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://b1.lilypie.com/Ut3Ip13/.png[/img][/url]

Neak1
TNN guru

Post by Neak1 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:07 pm

we ordered one of these awhile back. We got a medium, well Seth is 10kg and it is huge, almost falls off him :lol: . Sarah ( TheBean) gave me a small to try tonight that is meant for 3 to 9 months :shock: and it fits perfectly and Seth is coming up 16 months. So looks like I will need to purchase a size down. So the sizing on these swimming nappies is on the larger size!!!!
Monique

Seth 8
Nina 4

Sapphire24
TNN nutter

Post by Sapphire24 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:29 pm

I've just recently purchased a small one for Karlie (she's currently 6.2kg at 7 months). Her legs are quite skinny and I was a tad worried about the fit poo-wise, but she hasn't done that yet thank goodness. Once she gets a wee bit bigger, I'm sure I'll feel a bit more confident in the fit.

I love the soft microfibre and lycra and I can see this swim nappy will last a long time :D
Lisa, Mummy to 4 amazing girls (2006, 2008, 2010 and May 2013)

Mazz

Post by Mazz » Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:11 pm

I have one on my 6 month old and it is a lovely fit and I love that it has the soft layer inside. Only thing I have found that isn't so great is the dye runs so now I have a couple of towels with bright pink spots on them! I have had it for around nine weeks worth of swimming lessons and the dye is still running, but it's a minor thing - the nappies themselves are brilliant. Two other babies in my swim class have them too!

themuelsmum
TNN nutter

Post by themuelsmum » Tue May 29, 2007 4:34 pm

Has anyone had any accidents in these? I want to get a pair for DS1 he's 5 1/2 months and not sure how he'll go with BF poo. Any comments?

sable
Spinning Goddess

Post by sable » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:36 am

Well, ours just got tested and it survived very well; we didn't even know he'd been until we took it off. It wasn't a nice solid one either, Ian was obviously having a clean out :shock:
Rachelle
http://raciebaby.blogspot.com/

Return to “Swimmers”