Instructions for Wee weka cover with gussets

NPMum
TNN nerd

Instructions for Wee weka cover with gussets

Post by NPMum » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:45 pm

I am going to try my hand at making some covers and fitted for baby number 2 due in early 2014.
I am keen to try the wee weka gussetted cover pattern but can't find any instructions. I can probably muddle my way through but thought I would just check I'm not looking in the wrong place.
Also how many layers do I make it out of just PUL or PUL and another layer. I have seen some other ones online that have cotton prints on the outside and a PUL inner layer, if I did it like this do I have the shiny layer closest to baby? When I put the snaps on do I just snap the outer layer on the stomach part or both layers?

Kaz
TNN guru

Re: Instructions for Wee weka cover with gussets

Post by Kaz » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:28 pm

Use the instructions for Shars Nb/small fold over elastic nappy with gussets. :D just leave out the inner fleece layer.

I've used cotton with a Pul layer for covers. They look pretty but I found they tended to leak because the cotton draws the wet out onto baby's clothes.

To reinforce the snaps I usually use a panel of fleece or PUL to stop them ripping through.
You can never really take control of your life but you can control how you choose to live it.

NPMum
TNN nerd

Re: Instructions for Wee weka cover with gussets

Post by NPMum » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:34 pm

Kaz wrote:Use the instructions for Shars Nb/small fold over elastic nappy with gussets. :D just leave out the inner fleece layer.

I've used cotton with a Pul layer for covers. They look pretty but I found they tended to leak because the cotton draws the wet out onto baby's clothes.

To reinforce the snaps I usually use a panel of fleece or PUL to stop them ripping through.
Thank you. I am making my own fitteds and covers to avoid leaks so think will leave the cotton off, I could always make some bloomers to go over instead.

Return to “DIY nappies”