What machine(s) do you have? (or have had)

grubbiejulz
TNN nerd

Post by grubbiejulz » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:47 pm

A Bernina 801, 830 and a 930
Love the 830 and 930
I'm a Bernina Girl, My Mum's a Bernina Girl and so was my Grandma
A Globe Lock M-34 [same as my Mum and my Sister!]

ETA a Globe Lock M23............so I can do teeny tiny edges....Best $60 I ever spent :D
Last edited by grubbiejulz on Wed May 20, 2009 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Julie
I blog here http://grubbiejulz.blogspot.com/
I'm on Ravelry as grubbiejulz http://www.ravelry.com/people/grubbiejulz
Come meet us IRL at Slingbabies http://www.slingbabies.co.nz

RachaelD
TNN nerd

Post by RachaelD » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:15 pm

I have an Antique Singer Treadle in Cabinet haven't used it, but it has a new belt that once put on it should work well. (Makes good decoration in our hallway :oops: )

Elna Quilter's Dream 6003 great for quilting etc, but not that great for heavier work. I think it is in need for a service, had it about 10 years, cost a bomb, they are still the same price in the shops now.

Bernette 334D overlocker My bargain buy :lol: $45 :lol: :lol: The story goes... I bought a Horn sewing cabinet at the weekend off trademe $45 buy now!!! :lol: :lol: When DH went and picked it up the seller asked if I would be interested in overlocker too, DH told me and I rang her and went to see it, she only wanted $45 for it and it came with 4 cones of black and 4 cones of white thread (full). Can't believe my luck. It runs like a dream, although I will get is serviced and get blades sharpened. There is one on TM now that is up to $215.

I also have in my possession at the moment, my Mum's Phaff 122E great machine, love the differential feed thing!!
Rachael, Mum to Melissa 5/6/05 and Hannah 2/10/06... and now Archie the Miniature Schnauzer

Read about our USA trip here... 293 days and counting...

On Instagram here.

Handknits for Children, plus some accessories for the Mum's too.
More info on my Blog, Facebook page or PM for details.

ASewerIAmNot
TNN convert

Post by ASewerIAmNot » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:19 pm

I HAD a very basic brother machine -- can't even remember the model number. I HAVE a somewhat basic Brother BM3600. It's ok -- it sort of does what I want it to, but not always. I can't get it (or myself) to make buttonholes to save myself and the fabric always gets caught in the feed dogs. I get really mad at that machine sometimes. It served it's purpose when I was just starting out, but now it's time to upgrade.

I am GETTING (have it on lay-by) a Brother NX400. This machine is digital and comes with a lot more decorative stitches. I tested it out in store and it sews rather smoothly. To be honest, I'm really a bit jaded about the Brother brand but I'm hoping that this new machine will cure me of that! LOL
[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/EssenceRose/HAnim.gif[/img]

Dunners
TNN oracle

Post by Dunners » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:37 pm

RachaelD wrote:I also have in my possession at the moment, my Mum's Phaff 122E great machine, love the differential feed thing!!

Do you mean a 1222E? I have one of them and I LOVE my machine! The IDT is awesome! I don't think I could go back to a normal machine now.
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

ClothConvert
TNN nerd

Post by ClothConvert » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:42 pm

hadn't seen this thread - thanks for bumping it.

By golly, some of you have so many machines, so I'm curious, do you guys have a dedicated sewing room? I'm visualising that you have at least some place where your machines permanently sit so you just hop from one to another depending on what you are sewing.

grubbiejulz
TNN nerd

Post by grubbiejulz » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:44 pm

Yup........in the sleep-out. Thats where I go!
Monitor lives down there plugged in! :wink:
Julie
I blog here http://grubbiejulz.blogspot.com/
I'm on Ravelry as grubbiejulz http://www.ravelry.com/people/grubbiejulz
Come meet us IRL at Slingbabies http://www.slingbabies.co.nz

Vivianne
TNN guru

Post by Vivianne » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:07 am

Yep, I have the whole dining room (table now lives in the large lounge), seeing as I gave up the sleepout for the teenager :D

I have two large tables set up. Only trouble is there is no door for the dining room and little DS can now move chairs to climb onto the tables. Yesterday he wound the dials on my overlocker up to 9 (which I didn't notice till I used it :evil: ). Lucky I have resident service man to reset all the tensions for me :D

Dunners
TNN oracle

Post by Dunners » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:35 am

Not for me. I have a wee desk in the dining room for "storage", but each sewing session requires me to set it all up on the dining table, and pack it away when finished so that the dining table can be used again.

:lol: I wonder if I can get all 3 kids into one room so I have a sewing room? :lol:
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

VanJeffery
TNN guru

Post by VanJeffery » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:39 am

Dunners wrote:
RachaelD wrote:I also have in my possession at the moment, my Mum's Phaff 122E great machine, love the differential feed thing!!

Do you mean a 1222E? I have one of them and I LOVE my machine! The IDT is awesome! I don't think I could go back to a normal machine now.

Me either. That was the deciding factor when I bought my Pfaff :D
Christine -- I have succumbed to blogging!

[url=http://purdypeas.wordpress.com][img]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o90/vanjeffery/Blogline3.jpg[/img][/url]

And yes, I AM one of those crazed Twilight people!

sable
Spinning Goddess

Post by sable » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:31 am

I've got a sewing room atm, but we desperately need another room for Ian so we're going to be investigating adding a craft room onto the end of the garage in the new year. Not quite so convenient, but the boys are bouncing off eachother at bedtime which means them getting to sleep around 10pm atm.
Rachelle
http://raciebaby.blogspot.com/

Annabella
TNN nerd

Post by Annabella » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:10 pm

I now have:

Brother BM2600. It's ok. Very simple, probably quite good to learn on as not much to stuff up! I have only had it a couple of months but it isn't sturdy enough for me and is a little too basic so I am upgrading soon and selling it to a friend who just needs a basic machine. I have no idea what to replace it with!

I also have a Globelock 34M which is a piece of poo but probably just needs a service. It is slooooow. Sometimes I think I could hand stitch faster.

I've been told I should just deal with it and get an industrial straight sewer and overlocker :lol:

AliG
TNN guru

Post by AliG » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:41 pm

I have:

A Janome Memory Craft 7000 and so far I love it.

A Pfaff 1222E - LOVE it!

A Husqvarna 6440 (another bargain buy from the Recycling Shop)

A Bernina Nova (a bargain buy from my local Recycling Shop)

A Babylock Eclipse overlocker which I bought super cheap off TradeMe. I LOVE it! Threading is a breeze as it has jet air threading and it doesn't matter which order you thread it in. It also has a needle threader! I haven't used it on much yet, but it feels lovely, sounds great and I had an immediate bond with it :smt060

Have had:

A Bernina 701 which was great up until it seized after being stored in a cold, damp garage for a while :(

A Bernina Nova

A Bernina 930

A Bernette 60 sewing machine. This was given to me by my mother several years ago and has been fine, but has been given me some tension issues recently.

A Janome 744D overlocker.

A Brother 640D overlocker - worked really well and handled microfibre with ease.
Last edited by AliG on Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:21 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Image Image
And now licensed to knit all of Tikki's fabulous patterns!

Claude30
TNN guru

Post by Claude30 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:12 pm

Okay I have
Brother XL-4030 (17years old)
Brother - New Home (? as this all it says on it) (37 years old and Mums, I stole it) - this is great from heavier work and has really cool embrodery stiches on it.

And my Globe Lock M-34 Overlocker

And have had a ancient Pfaff that we could never get to work (like 20 yrs ago)

I am a BROTHER girl

I have taken over the dinning room and table so everything stays out,( we brought a smaller table for corner of large lounge for our dinning area.)
Kiley - SAHM to - Caycee (8/03), Stefanie (6/05), Brody (12/06), Keegan (5/10) and
Image Image

hannah
TNN guru

Post by hannah » Tue May 19, 2009 2:16 pm

just bumping this up as i updated my list and cos i enjoy seeing what everyone has ;)
Hannah, mama of M 15yrs ♥ , L 13yrs ♥ and A 3yrs ♥
2 teens, 1 preschooler-eeek!

http://www.locket.co.nz

sumella
TNN nerd

Post by sumella » Tue May 19, 2009 3:04 pm

Have:
- Brother PC8200 sewing/embroidery machine. Great machine, no troubles at all. Approx. 8 years old.
- Brother 760DE overlocker. Haven't had any problems with it so far, handles multiple layers well. Easy to thread.
Both bought second hand.

Have had:

- Brother PE150 sewing/embroidery machine. Was more like a toy due to its small footprint, and not sturdy enough.
- Old Singer 3 thread overlocker, can't remember the model number. Was very strong and sturdy, but only 3 thread without differential feed.
- Janome Decor Excel 5018. Very strong and sturdy, very good sewing. But I wanted something with a display :lol: , hence upgraded to the Brother PC8200
Daniela

Return to “DIY everything else”