Japanese knot bag - sari silk?

daikininz
TNN nerd

Japanese knot bag - sari silk?

Post by daikininz » Fri May 31, 2013 10:28 am

I'm making a gift for a friend who crochets. I've got a medium-sized WIP bag and a crochet hook roll planned, and I thought I might finish the set off with a small knot bag (as a small WIP bag). I have some lovely reversible sari silk I was going to use to line the medium-sized bag, and suddenly wondered if it would work for a knot bag. If I french-seamed it for strength instead, can I get away with 1 instead of 2 layers of fabric?
Becca
Mum of MissK12, MrJ8, MrX6, MrJ5, MissC3
1 dog (Chester)

:PC: Find our blogs on parenting, geocaching and my creative efforts at narelo.com

meow
TNN guru

Re: Japanese knot bag - sari silk?

Post by meow » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:45 am

I can't help you sorry :lol: but am interested in the crotchet hook bag - do you have a link for it or are you just winging it?
I asked for ideas a couple of days ago as I want to make something for my mum (have about 5 days to make it).

daikininz
TNN nerd

Re: Japanese knot bag - sari silk?

Post by daikininz » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:13 am

Just winging it - I made MissK12 a needle roll a couple of years ago, so I'm going to do something similar but make it more crayon roll size. I just need to hit the second-hand shops to get an old crochet hook I can use for sizing (which is today's plan)
Becca
Mum of MissK12, MrJ8, MrX6, MrJ5, MissC3
1 dog (Chester)

:PC: Find our blogs on parenting, geocaching and my creative efforts at narelo.com

Return to “Fabrics and Notions”