Selling off stash

Tentacles
TNN guru

Selling off stash

Post by Tentacles » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:05 am

Therer is a chance I may be selling off virtually all my fabric stash and sewing gear in the near future as we need to reorganise space here. I am thinking of starting the massive job of sorting and measuring whenever I get the chance. So just wondering do people prefer to buy individual pices or bulk lots of like fabric? Any tips on making the sorting and selling slightly less stressful would also be great.
Alison - Currently SAHM to DS (04/07) and DD (09/10).

http://kiwicraftychemist.blogspot.com

Natty
TNN guru

Re: Selling off stash

Post by Natty » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:08 am

Ive never been brave enough to sell my stash, but can I put my hand up for any tie dye or gelato type minkies, and anything horse/carousel themed if you have it :) :wink:
Natalia, Mummy to 2 beautiful Princesses,Nina :princess:(09-05-07) and Olivia :princess:(07-11-08)

jennyo
TNN nerd

Post by jennyo » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:22 am

I'm interested too. Think I'd rather buy small bulk lots of coordintating fabric

piggywiggy
TNN nerd

Post by piggywiggy » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:02 am

Have an open home sale evening where serious fabric buyers will come and purchase.
Have an advertised garage sale where you sell fabrics and notions only? I would come (and could almost guarantee if you put something on FB you would end up with hundreds attending!)
If you have time to hold on to if for a small-ish while you could get a stall/stand at the next fabricabrac in Wellington.

Just some suggestions that would save you having to photograph everything etc

ETA one of the stalls I went to at the last farbicabrac had nothing priced you just had to ask and she said a price (they were cheap, it was her mother's stash she was getting rid of, I'm sure she would have gotten rid of most of it by the end)
You could also (if it was an in person sale) just have a $2 pile a $5 pile etc etc so you didn't have to price individually
Catherine
Working mumma to D (march 08) and N (dec 10)

Claire
TNN oracle

Post by Claire » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:16 am

I guess it depends on how much time you have
If you don't have much time and lots of fabric then a stall at a craft market would totally be the way to go.

Claude30
TNN guru

Post by Claude30 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:39 am

Personally I like to pick and choose and like the way Robyn lists her minky in size lots so you can go straight to the size you know you need and look at what you got. So for general material maybe fats 1/4s, half meters, meters, 2 meters etc

But I also like it done all at once too so I am not paying for heaps of postage.

But because of where you are I would see how many Tnners (or local crafties) want to come and destash first and then worry about the rest after.
Kiley - SAHM to - Caycee (8/03), Stefanie (6/05), Brody (12/06), Keegan (5/10) and
Image Image

gemini_gurl
TNN nerd

Post by gemini_gurl » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:16 am

I'd sell it from home - last year there was a huge yarn sale going on in Nelson. Word spread quickly and it became really popular.
Mum to Aug 06, Jan 08 and Jan 10 babies

365/365 - picture challenge [url]http://geminigurl-kat.blogspot.com/[/url]

Vivianne
TNN guru

Post by Vivianne » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:08 pm

I like individual unless I can get a real bargain on bulk fabrics. I'd bee keen on t-shirting, sweatshirting, merino and quilting cottons. If you need help to sort and price I can come over and help :wink:

Return to “Fabrics and Notions”