TNNs KIVA donations-See the impact - Last post.

Minty
TNN oracle

Re: TNNs KIVA donations-Want $25 for FREE to lend? See last

Post by Minty » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:52 pm

Yay Lisa - thanks to your acceptance of the free trial invite, our TNN Kiva account received another $25 bonus to lend for free. To choose a borrower I searched the Kiva site for 'diapers' and chose the Sorlimor Group from Ghana.

Rebecca from this group is onto her 7th Kiva loan. How cool is that! She is a hardworking Mum who wants to use the loan to improve the life of her family. Something that most of us take for granted (when we take out a mortgage or business loan). It's very heartwarming finding borrowers like Rebecca and contributing to making a difference to them and their family.
:vibes: :vibes:

http://www.kiva.org/lend/917000

These people are part of group called Sorlimor. They live in the same area and sell sandals, slippers, sachet water and diapers.

Rebecca is a single and a mother who sells sachet water and diapers. She asks for 2,500 GHS to buy more sachet water and diapers to sell to her customers. She handles her family's daily expenses and supports her children school.

She has more than 5 years experience in this business and is applying for her seventh loan with ID-Ghana. She works from 7 am until 8 pm.The group has received proper orientation about the loan and saving principals and promise to utilize this loan judiciously. In the future, and with the help of the institution, she would like to expand her business and save money to improve the life of her family. The group will need a total amount of GHS 4,000 to expand their businesses.
Nic
Two funny, gorgeous DDs.

The art of living is more like wrestling than dancing. — Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

Going button-crazy here. http://www.buttonsbybenji.blogspot.com/

Minty
TNN oracle

Post by Minty » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:35 am

Yay Meow - thanks to Meow joining the free trial on Kiva, TNN has now made another loan!!!

This time to Maria in El Salvador to invest in pants, skirts, blouses, shirts, leggings, etc., thus improving her family's quality of life.

http://www.kiva.org/lend/922248

María is a hardworking woman who puts her best efforts into her work every day, selling clothing in an itinerant fashion. This business has allowed her to support her household expenses for a long time. María is a 25-year-old woman who lives in a house she owns with her life partner and their 5-year-old son. María knows that the sales of her products increase during vacation season, so she has decided to invest in more merchandise that will allow her to increase her earnings. For this reason she is asking for a loan from FUSAI to invest in pants, skirts, blouses, shirts, leggings, etc., thus improving her family's quality of life,
Nic
Two funny, gorgeous DDs.

The art of living is more like wrestling than dancing. — Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

meow
TNN guru

Post by meow » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:41 am

Funny, as I'm sure I chose someone else! But it doesn't matter either way - I'm glad someone is being helped out!

Kieransmum
TNN guru

Post by Kieransmum » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:15 am

meow wrote:Funny, as I'm sure I chose someone else! But it doesn't matter either way - I'm glad someone is being helped out!
I thought that too but then realised that when I sponsored someone that enabled the TNN account to sponsor someone else! So two new sponsors for your joining ... I think. :)

Minty
TNN oracle

Post by Minty » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:22 pm

Kieransmum wrote:
meow wrote:Funny, as I'm sure I chose someone else! But it doesn't matter either way - I'm glad someone is being helped out!
I thought that too but then realised that when I sponsored someone that enabled the TNN account to sponsor someone else! So two new sponsors for your joining ... I think. :)
That's right Sue, that's the people that TNN loaned money to because you accepted the invite and loaned money. So for each bonus person that I posted there was another person/group that you all individually loaned money to (but they will only be here if you post their details) :)
Nic
Two funny, gorgeous DDs.

meow
TNN guru

Post by meow » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:50 pm

Minty wrote:
Kieransmum wrote:
That's right Sue, that's the people that TNN loaned money to because you accepted the invite and loaned money. So for each bonus person that I posted there was another person/group that you all individually loaned money to (but they will only be here if you post their details) :)
Ah, right! That makes sense! How cool :)

MadMel
TNN nerd

Post by MadMel » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:13 am

Is this still happening?
Libby 6.10.06 Jaimee 3.8.09 Thomas 26.9.10 and GS to Tristan 22.11.13
ImageImage

Minty
TNN oracle

Post by Minty » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:34 am

We still have ongoing Kiva donations, but the 'Invite a friend and each get free $25 to lend' promotion is no longer running. They do run it from time to time though, so I'm sure they will have another one in the future :)
Nic
Two funny, gorgeous DDs.

MadMel
TNN nerd

Post by MadMel » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:20 pm

Sweet :)
Libby 6.10.06 Jaimee 3.8.09 Thomas 26.9.10 and GS to Tristan 22.11.13
ImageImage

Minty
TNN oracle

Post by Minty » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:15 am

Nic
Two funny, gorgeous DDs.

meow
TNN guru

Re: TNNs KIVA donations-See the impact - Last post.

Post by meow » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:59 pm

\:D/

Return to “Charitable and Community Projects (Public)”