Shout out for help

Mel
TNN guru

Shout out for help

Post by Mel » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:01 pm

So I have become the new co-ordinator for the Wellington branch of Fosterhope www.fosterhope.co.nz Which is very exciting and Im looking forward to the challenge!

Anyway, we are making up kits in a couple of weeks, all 502! of them, normally 500 is our total for the year, not one session, so this is going to huge. But this amount has been ordered so it shows there must be an increasing need for childen needing cyfs.

So if anyone can donate any items like toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorants (boy and girl) body wash, baby wash, shampoos, flannels, sanitary pads, books esp under 5yr old suitable as we are low on this, or anything else listed on the website, we would be forever grateful and well loved by the children who receive the packs.
Or theres also the option of donating a few dollars if perferred.

Please let me know if you can help and ill put up the details for postage or acc info.

Ps, I hope this post is ok mods?

posh
TNN oracle

Re: Shout out for help

Post by posh » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:05 pm

Do the books have to be new? My neighbour just gave my girls a whole HEAP of books - but they aren't new, and there are a whole heap of tween books too.
Anastasia - wahm to 3 x Image

SALE & CLEARANCE items!!!

At least Steve Irwin died doing what he loved, tracking wild animals in the open sea. When it's my time to go, I hope I'm online shopping

20 years in the making, but finally achieved!!! --->

Mel
TNN guru

Post by Mel » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:25 pm

Yes 2nd hand, good condition is ok too. :D
"well loved" books not so much, as these kids have often never owned anything new, so its a double buzz for them to get new items. But close to new is just as loved by the children, and sometimes its hard to tell new from 2nd hand, for example most of the books on ds's shelves would pass as new since he looks after them so well and is past the age of eating them (might be why we are low on under 5s books, cause they get dribbled on and chewed! )

posh
TNN oracle

Post by posh » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:43 pm

I'll sift through our books, there are a few I can donate, and of course all the tween books I have - where should I take them?

At least Steve Irwin died doing what he loved, tracking wild animals in the open sea. When it's my time to go, I hope I'm online shopping

Mel
TNN guru

Post by Mel » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:51 pm

I can pick them up or you can drop them off at my place 7/22 Ross st, kilbirnie, wellington, its block a down from the kilbirnie pak n save.
Thanks heaps :)

Callum's godmother
TNN guru

Post by Callum's godmother » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:59 pm

congratulations Mel ... sounds like a great job! I wonder if you can get toothpaste and toothbrushes thru the companies - schools and kindies give them out at times - think it was colgate (would save some $$ if they donated those items) our books are all pretty trashed ... but will keep you in mind for anything else ... saw on the website you do christmas gifts so can maybe look at that if my life slows down abit between now and then!

Mel
TNN guru

Post by Mel » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:14 pm

A Kapiti dentist donated a huge chunk of colgate packs, but since we have almost doubled our output from last year, they will only last so far (also they dont include babies tooth brushes and tooth paste), but big companies will be hit up during the next year!

And yes xmas pressies are also great, but bit more time to organise yourself with for that :)

posh
TNN oracle

Post by posh » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:58 pm

I am out most of the day tomorrow, so will sort out the books tomorrow night, and they could be ready for pick up either Thursday or Friday, or I can drop them off some time next week? Let me know :)

Mel
TNN guru

Post by Mel » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:17 pm

Cool thanks posh, let me know when your done sorting and ill grab them off you.

Went to the storage shed today annd packed 50 bags, we most definately need lots of shampoo and soap, so if anyone sees any amazing specials please yell out!

The bank acc is 03 0123 0527961 03 we are a registered charity so all donations over $5 are tax rebatable. And we can make $5 go far, so no amount is too small to help make our children feel valued by their community :)

Return to “Charitable and Community Projects (Public)”