Confession time - Mamapads for Zimbabwe

Lainy
TNN guru

Re: Confession time - Mamapads for Zimbabwe

Post by Lainy » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:17 pm

Minty wrote:
I think your second lot of pricing is much closer to the mark of what I was thinking, Minty, but of course it's not really any of my business
Thanks Lainy - don't apologize, I'm asking for help, and you're helping. :vibes:
I actually was wondering if the situation was the opposite, that people would pay equal or even just buy for the pure reason of what it's for, IYKWIM?
That was certainly my experience when I ran my last charity auction, many things went for more than retail value (and others I'm not sure about retail value because they were priceless :vibes: ).
Yeah, I talked to DH about it afterwards and he said he totally agrees that it normally goes the other way, we were both thinking of all the episodes of Celebrity Apprentice where even kids drawings go for thousands and thousands!!!
ImageImage
ImageImage

mumtotwo
TNN oracle

Post by mumtotwo » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:24 pm

yes charity auctions can often go higher , that's why they are run that way :wink: I was just talking about all the times I have bought things from groups raising money for kids , sports , outside charities ....lots of stuff really . I gave my experience because we were asked opinions . Hey if you can get good prices for them that's great , I'm sure the charity will be thrilled and possibly the money might even be more useful than the mama pads ? I'm not sure of the water situation for struggling families over there ( although I could be muddling them up with other communities )
Mum to my two gorgeous and sometimes headache inducing children
Mara 21/02/96
Ashley 27/03/06

Image Image

Callum's godmother
TNN guru

Post by Callum's godmother » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:50 pm

list them up nicci ... i am ready to buy!!!

Kaz
TNN guru

Post by Kaz » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:30 am

I really like the idea of mystery packs. It will save you some time too.

As for pricing, you should charge the same as retail :hide: just goes to show it's been awhile since I've bought any when I made my suggestion :oops:

As much as charity auctions make more money, I'm not sure how well mama pads will sell - I still think that they are not mainstream enough to capture a wide audience 8-[ I could be wrong.

I think it may be easier for you to charge $30 for a mystery pack of 4 + postage. I have Fastway bag if you want me to help post them out :D
You can never really take control of your life but you can control how you choose to live it.

Lainy
TNN guru

Post by Lainy » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:10 am

I wasn't actually referring to auctions as such, just to clear that up :-)
ImageImage
ImageImage

Lainy
TNN guru

Post by Lainy » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:16 am

mumtotwo wrote:yes charity auctions can often go higher , that's why they are run that way :wink: I was just talking about all the times I have bought things from groups raising money for kids , sports , outside charities ....lots of stuff really . I gave my experience because we were asked opinions . Hey if you can get good prices for them that's great , I'm sure the charity will be thrilled and possibly the money might even be more useful than the mama pads ? I'm not sure of the water situation for struggling families over there ( although I could be muddling them up with other communities )
When they fundraise chocolate etc, isn't it at retail price? it seemed like it when my friend's daughter was selling it for playcentre, but maybe I'm wrong. it happens once a year or so :wink:
ImageImage
ImageImage

Khai
TNN oracle

Post by Khai » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:42 am

Minty wrote:Having had a look at those three companies, I agree that 5 for $20 is too cheap, and would definitely undercut local mama-pad makers.

So maybe 3 for $24 or 4 for $30 would be a better price?
Sounds great. Difference pack sizes would be good too (I.e. both 3 packs and 4 packs).

Fundraiser chocolates are usually more than retail, people buy to support the cause, not for a bargain.

Lainy
TNN guru

Post by Lainy » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:15 am

Khai wrote:
Minty wrote:Having had a look at those three companies, I agree that 5 for $20 is too cheap, and would definitely undercut local mama-pad makers.

So maybe 3 for $24 or 4 for $30 would be a better price?
Sounds great. Difference pack sizes would be good too (I.e. both 3 packs and 4 packs).

Fundraiser chocolates are usually more than retail, people buy to support the cause, not for a bargain.
Cool, that's what I thought, but thought maybe I was going crazy ;-)
ImageImage
ImageImage

Petals
TNN guru

Post by Petals » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:25 am

Yeah fundraising chocolate is $2.50 for a small bar, and I think only 50 cents of that goes to the fundraising people, so Cadbury must make a mint from the whole thing.
Kylie

Khai
TNN oracle

Post by Khai » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:53 pm

Petals wrote:Yeah fundraising chocolate is $2.50 for a small bar, and I think only 50 cents of that goes to the fundraising people, so Cadbury must make a mint from the whole thing.
Yip and Cadbury king size blocks are usually on special for $2.50 last I looked.

Louise
TNN oracle

Post by Louise » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:09 pm

Sorry - I have only just got in touch with my friend Elizabeth. Hope you haven't started selling them yet. I will let you know what she says asap.

:oops:
Mum of 6

Minty
TNN oracle

Post by Minty » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:27 pm

Thanks Louise, no problem, I have been busy this week anyway, so will wait to hear from you :)

:D
Nic
Two funny, gorgeous DDs.

The art of living is more like wrestling than dancing. — Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

Going button-crazy here. http://www.buttonsbybenji.blogspot.com/

Louise
TNN oracle

Post by Louise » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:37 am

Here is Elizabeth's response:
Hi Louise,

Thanks for doing such a great job, God bless you & yes a lot of women in the rural areas would be very grateful to have these as they are subsistence farmers who have no decent source of income. At times some women resort to using old pieces of cloth & will surely welcome something more comfortable & absorbent. I am actually going to Zim in two weeks time but not sure if I will be able to carry too much due to the weight restrictions but I will try my best. I will try to identify deserving people when I go down to the village & will take some photos and update you on their response. I might have to ring you so we can catch up & once again thanks & be blessed.
Nicci (and ladies) are you happy for these to go to Elizabeth for her to distrubute in Zimbabwe in two weeks time? If so I had better try to get them from you asap Nicci.
Mum of 6

Petals
TNN guru

Post by Petals » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:57 pm

\:D/ Sounds like perfect timing.
Kylie

Kaz
TNN guru

Post by Kaz » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:58 pm

\:D/ It would be awesome if these ladies could get them :D
You can never really take control of your life but you can control how you choose to live it.

Return to “Charitable and Community Projects (Public)”