mum and bubs

fuzzibum
TNN convert

mum and bubs

Post by fuzzibum » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:47 am

:tantrum:
Anybody placed an order recently and actually managed to get it???? this is my second order (yes i went back for seconds after a loooooong discussion about business practices after the shocking experience with my first order) and hey guess what, this one is also "lost in the post". my first order I stupidly paid $7 "insured post" in case it got lost. and of course, it got lost and even though I paid $7 it actually couldnt be traced!! Never occured to me till later that NZ post will cover up to $200 or $250 (forget which) anyway. so what on earth i paid $7 for I have no idea. After kicking up a huge stink my order was replaced but arrived stuffed in a foodtown bag in a reused box. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and ordered a swim nappy this time. It was ordered and paid for on 12th March and I'm still waiting. I emailed and hey guess what, Its "lost in the post". either NZ post is out to get them or . . . hmmmmm yeah. I contacted them it will be "looked into". then i get told it will be "posted tuesday next week when yellows are back in stock". (that was last tuesday). still no nappy, no contact and my emails are going unanswered. I rang and spoke to Amy this morning who says it was posted on Friday, they have postal records you know!! So has anybody else found the customer service shocking or is it just me??? After this I would never buy them from again. just totally unreliable, disorganised and in a word, hopeless!!!

blossom
TNN guru

Post by blossom » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:04 am

:worms: :wink:
Janine
Mum to L (30/10/02) & Z (01/01/06)
-----------------------------------------

Louise
TNN oracle

Post by Louise » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:05 am

Oh dear. That does sound like pretty terrible customer service. I know that most WAHM's would go out of their way to sort out items lost in the post.
It seems a bit fishy that this is the second time in a row though!

I have never bought anything from Mum and Bubs so can't comment on the customer service personally.

There are heaps of excellent WAHM's who regularly post on TNN and I prefer to stick with them as from their posts I know them to be honest and reliable.
Mum of 6

JandC
Queen of the sewing machine

Post by JandC » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:16 am

From the sounds of the posts on trademe you are not the only one with bad experience.

So far everyone posted on the thread there has said bad things, there has not been 1 positive remark for mums & bubs.

Here's hoping they fix whatever is wrong with their business really fast as they are getting HEAPS of bad press at the moment..
Natalie *Mum of MissJ 10yrs, MrC 8yrs and MissA 6yrs*

When you don't give up, you cannot fail

pixeldust
TNN guru

Post by pixeldust » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:21 am

FWIW, I've purchased quite a few times from M&B and had no problems whatsoever. I didn't get stellar service, but I rarely do these days even from the known and raved about sellers who advertise here too.
Jayce

ImageImage

"I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."

fuzzibum
TNN convert

Post by fuzzibum » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:42 am

JandC, hubby and I are business owners too and I had long discussions with mums and bubs about good business practices etc and made some suggestions that she seems greatful to recived and said she would use those to improve her service. that was give or take a year ago and no change. hmmmffffff

bumble

Post by bumble » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:01 pm

I have to agree :( - their service is terrible. Amy's manner has a lot to be desired also. I wouldn't deal with them again, mostly because of their customer service.

Jack05
TNN nerd

Post by Jack05 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:04 pm

blossom wrote::worms: :wink:

:smt045 :smt045

jeshiko
TNN guru

Post by jeshiko » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:23 pm

oh bugger! I just ordered an expensive nappy off this site this morning -now I am worried it will get lost! I think I have got a Peapod from this TM seller before and though it took ages and there was a payment mix-up it did arrive in the end so fingers crossed!
Finn Peter 2006, Mikko Alexander 2008, Kasper Svend 2010 and...

fuzzibum
TNN convert

Post by fuzzibum » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:42 pm

payment mix up, well thats a new one lol. I just wandering if she takes all these orders but doesnt actually have the stock so the "lost in the post" and "payment mixup" is to buy her some time???

aylasmummy

Post by aylasmummy » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:48 pm

who knows?I have ordered from her(probably a year ago now) and the nappies turned up fast and in a courier bag.have also bought nappies off her on trademe in the past and again its been fine...it is appaling customer service what you have experienced though!

nikkitheknitter
TNN nerd

Post by nikkitheknitter » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:48 pm

If you have problems it is really best to talk to Amy.

I am an agent for her and while I have had a few issues with some orders, she has always been really good about sorting them out.

I'm really sorry to hear you have had a bad time with her service. I know she is setting up a new shop and is quite snowed under with work... not that it is any excuse, but may be a reason why she is slow to respond or not quite as attentive as she should be.

Sorry if this starts a whole new load of posts... if so, I'll remove it. :)
Mama to the Red Headed Devil Child and newbie arriving late Jan 2015.

JandC
Queen of the sewing machine

Post by JandC » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:05 pm

nikkiwhyte wrote:If you have problems it is really best to talk to Amy

She has tried, several times, as has others but emails & phone messages go unanswered for weeks & weeks.. :roll:
Natalie *Mum of MissJ 10yrs, MrC 8yrs and MissA 6yrs*

When you don't give up, you cannot fail

nikkitheknitter
TNN nerd

Post by nikkitheknitter » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:14 pm

JandC wrote:
nikkiwhyte wrote:If you have problems it is really best to talk to Amy

She has tried, several times, as has others but emails & phone messages go unanswered for weeks & weeks.. :roll:

I kinda meant generally for others that may have probs... yeah, I saw that she had talked to Amy many a time, so it hasn't helped her thus far. I hope it does get resolved asap. And it's definitely her loss as I bet you won't be going back :?
Mama to the Red Headed Devil Child and newbie arriving late Jan 2015.

fuzzibum
TNN convert

Post by fuzzibum » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:07 pm

UPDATE!!! well I have a nappy but . . . . its not the one i ordered *bangs head on desk and cries*. so I guess I either have what I didnt order or try and get it changed. Also i'm kinda miffed that I paid $5 for "delivery" and its just chucked in a grey plastic bag with 90c on it. no invoice, no reciept, no business card nada. yup you are right, wont be going back thats for sure.

Return to “Nappy businesses”