Just wanting to put in a good word for Snazzipants store

Matilda
TNN addict

Just wanting to put in a good word for Snazzipants store

Post by Matilda » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:25 pm

Hi all,

I went to the Snazzipants milford store today with the hopes of finding a new sort of nappy for my son. The woman there was incredibly polite and helpful easily explaining the different sorts of nappy they had and helping me out finding the right size for my son so as to make sure it fit him good but I would also get a decent length of wear out of it for him - so value for money IYKWIM

anyways I am now converted to using flats with a snazzipnts cover - I bought two to give them a test and they fit him perfect (even tho hes a tinsy little bit too light for them (they 7-14 kilo and hes 6.60kg), was a bit warey but we used a snappi with our great big square flats and the method of folding the flats she showed me was really easy to make up at home - i was thinking it was maybe one of those things that people who have done it heaps make it look really easy even tho its damn near impossible to do yourself haha, but it wasent like that all !!.

Basil christened his 'snazzi' new nappy almost immediatly (I'll take it as his seal of approval haha) and what would normally shoot out of every nook and cranny of his old nappy (he is a frequent body painter..) was neatly contained in a ......pretty.......little package and easily cleaned up.

hes now wearing his very sweet froggy cover now while the other washes and his dearest daddy has promised to pay the snazzi lady (im so sorry I diddnt catch her name - shes probably a member here :P) a visit himself. The snappi is brilliant as he grabbed it off the change tabel and where a nappy pin would have stabbed him the snappi did no damage at all.

so its out with the old and in with the new for us, and we shall have a looksie at the night nappys she suggested as im getting tired of changing bed sheets at 2am, snazzipants is so definatly worth a visit I just wanted to reccomend it and make sure that she got the good customer feedback that is well deserved.

Oh and another great thing - it barely looks like hes wearing a cloth under his trousers (altho I dont want to cover up his cute nappies it is cold today and hes got a flu) and his trousers easily pull up instead of barely covering his bottom hehe.

sorry for rambling just wanted to say how impressed I was by the place
One little man

TheBean
TNN nerd

Post by TheBean » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:10 pm

yay for snazzipants :smt041

good on you for giving credit where credit's due - and good luck with your new nappy journey ;)
Sarah

Gaia
TNN guru

Post by Gaia » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:03 pm

I am a fan of snazzipants too.
Love the nappies. :)
Love the friendly service :)

Great service when ordering through their website as well. :)
Sadly my nappy days are almost over :(
~Heather~

**Happiness is not having what you want, but wanting what you have. - ANON **

http://overthetoporiginals.wordpress.com/

hoaenz
TNN guru

Post by hoaenz » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:54 am

Big fan of snazzipants here too - mail order service is GREAT as well!

rochellej
TNN guru

Post by rochellej » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:59 am

I recommend people to visit the store a lot so it's really nice to hear great feedback from someone who had awesome service! At least I know I'm pointing people in the right direction & they will get the same amazing advice I got when I was first starting out.

Sadly we're almost at the end of nappies too... looking at a wee girl sitting here in undies at the moment *sigh* :smt050
Rochelle

Daniel - 2002
Maia - 2004
Ava - 2006

jeshiko
TNN guru

Post by jeshiko » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:43 am

gosh I have to have a bit of a grumble with the snazzipants though I must preface the grumble by syaing that the staff are always very friendly, I just alwasy seem to have things go wrong when shopping there.
A month of so ago I rang them to see if they still had Designerbums in store and was told they have never had them. I explained that I had seen them there a few weeks before and finally after a lot of explaining and directing the staff member around the store (over the ph!) she found them! I asked her to hold the 2 wool covers that she told me they had in small. I drove down the next day and found that she was holding the nappies not the covers and in fact they didn't have the covers in small :roll: I bought a nappy anyway and to their credit they did give me a free booster.
This week I ordered some nappies, I got the confirmation email with payment details the next day and so made payment. Then today I got a call saying they don't have those nappies in stock anymore :( :roll:

The store is very cool and I as I said the staff member I dealt with is very freindly (and Pippa is great of course!) but the staff member doesn't really seem to be that on to it :oops: :oops:

Ah well, hopefully me refund is swift!!
Finn Peter 2006, Mikko Alexander 2008, Kasper Svend 2010 and...

mavis
TNN nerd

Re: Just wanting to put in a good word for Snazzipants store

Post by mavis » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:45 pm

I have had the worst customer experience ever in my life as a consumer from this store.
I will be for ever more telling people to steer clear and to take their dollars elsewhere.

To start with the order I made online didn't come through as I had asked and came with the wrong inserts, having dealt with them before and not being one to rock the boat, I just let it lie even though that wasn't the only oddity.

Then within 10 months the nappies were failing, still under warranty so I approached them to return them expecting it to be no trouble.
I was told that I had failed to care for them properly that it was user fault, despite having used this brand of nappy for both my children and never experiencing this problem.
The email communication was quite horrid really and as someone who has sold nappies and I know other nappy retailers well I was just floored.
I eventually went to the nappy manufacturer as I was refused a refund or exchange from the store.
The nappy manufacturer sent me new nappies no problem and 2 years plus another babes bum having sported them the replacements are fine, as are all the existing ones I had of this brand.
It was obviously a faulty batch.

I have changed nothing in the way I care for them, either before or after this experience so it was not user fault.
The experience still shakes me and I felt it needed to be out there.
Last edited by mavis on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.nzpuresilver.com

Mumma to my brood
The boys N-14, L-5 years, O-3 years, The ladies M-2 years J-0years

Katriana
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Katriana » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:23 pm

Is this a recent experience Mavis?

Carolyn
Admin

mavis
TNN nerd

Post by mavis » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:42 am

Within the last 2 years Carolyn and management hasn't changed at all so I still feel it is relevant.
I did see shortly after that the business was trying to sell which I thought was fabulous as if this is how customers were being treating then clearly the love had been lost and it was time to move on.

Mumma to my brood

Minty
TNN oracle

Post by Minty » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:58 am

It was just such a random post to see nearly four years after the last action on this thread, especially if the experience was 'within the last two years'. :eh: Did you suddenly wake up and remember that you meant to post feedback and forgot? I'm confused (mustn't be getting enough sleep).
Nic
Two funny, gorgeous DDs.

The art of living is more like wrestling than dancing. — Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

Going button-crazy here. http://www.buttonsbybenji.blogspot.com/

mavis
TNN nerd

Post by mavis » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:15 am

No I haven't been on TNN for a while and as I said it still comes up for me.
I know there is a huge fan base on here so that in itself was intimidating to come and post on here.
So one day I grew the balls and did it.

Mumma to my brood

Snazzipippa
TNN nerd

Post by Snazzipippa » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:39 am

Hi Mavis,
I'm sorry you had such a terrible experience. I have run Snazzipants for almost ten years now and I have always tried my hardest to make sure our customers are happy. I have had so much lovely feedback over the years, and it saddens me to hear this two years after the fact. Sometimes people don't realize the damage they an do by posting a very negative review in a timeframe that leaves the company completely unable to rectify any problem or misunderstanding.

I believe I remember the experience you had (as we don't have too many unhappy customers) and as I recall the manufacturing company concerned had a fault form that they required the customer to fill in directly.

I guess you can't win them all, but I can send you my apologies.
Last edited by Snazzipippa on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pippa
Mum to Luka 2/2/03
and to Pearl 13/1/06

“Atheists’ anger doesn’t prove that we’re selfish, or joyless, or miserable. It shows that we have compassion, and a sense of justice. We’re angry because we see terrible harm all around us, and we feel desperately motivated to stop it.”
― Greta Christina

mavis
TNN nerd

Post by mavis » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:46 am

Pippa,
if you had communicated even remotely as kindly and reasonably as you have here in public I would not of had a problem with the experience.
I would of put it as odd and moved on.
You never once said this has to be done as it is manufacturers policy.
It was no you have mistreated the product door closed.

Thank you for your apologies.

Mumma to my brood

AliG
TNN guru

Post by AliG » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:47 pm

Snazzipippa wrote: Sometimes people don't realize the damage they an do by posting a very negative review in a timeframe that leaves the company completely unable to rectify any problem or misunderstanding.
Surely the problem or "misunderstanding" should have been rectified at the time and then there would be no need for posting a negative review at all? And I think a product/company review thread should include all experiences, positive or negative otherwise it would just be a promotion thread?

I have had negative experiences of various companies in the past and have totally kicked myself for not saying anything as I think that people should know when bad experiences do occur - especially when the company has been given ample opportunity to rectify the situation but have chosen not to. The timeframe shouldn't make any difference and I think Mavis was pretty brave to come in and tell of her experience.
Image Image
And now licensed to knit all of Tikki's fabulous patterns!

sophyzippo
TNN nerd

Post by sophyzippo » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:09 pm

AliG wrote:
Snazzipippa wrote: Sometimes people don't realize the damage they an do by posting a very negative review in a timeframe that leaves the company completely unable to rectify any problem or misunderstanding.
Surely the problem or "misunderstanding" should have been rectified at the time and then there would be no need for posting a negative review at all? And I think a product/company review thread should include all experiences, positive or negative otherwise it would just be a promotion thread?

I have had negative experiences of various companies in the past and have totally kicked myself for not saying anything as I think that people should know when bad experiences do occur - especially when the company has been given ample opportunity to rectify the situation but have chosen not to. The timeframe shouldn't make any difference and I think Mavis was pretty brave to come in and tell of her experience.
I agree with this, well done Mavis for speaking up.

I posted a negative review of a nappy company (about 5 years ago!) about a nappy that disintergrated signifcantly, I found it very interesting and lovely that the owner of the business rectified the situation immediately and sent me two of the same nappy for free (which I didnt expect but was greatly appreicated) and my review magically disappeared on the thread as well.
Sophyzippo and the Year of Frugality

http://sophyzippo.blogspot.co.nz/

Return to “Nappy businesses”