Babyonline (Popolini products) & Nappies for Less

Judy
TNN nerd

Babyonline (Popolini products) & Nappies for Less

Post by Judy » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:53 pm

I've just had a very good/bad experience with this firm and one of their franchise outlets. I won't go into detail on the whole transaction, but the service & price I experienced at our regional Nappies for Less franchise store was terrible - in fact I was charged 60% more than I would have paid buying online at the Babyonline web store.

However, the good side was that the Babyonline people are great to deal with and know a lot about good customer service.

http://www.babyonline.co.nz

Shop locally with caution; you may not be saving money on that delivery fee after all!
[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2106/2186177705_c42a1388d3_m.jpg[/img] Hip and Side Snap patterns in newborn through extra large for sale by request.

Robin
TNN addict

Post by Robin » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:43 pm

I had a good experience with babyonline when there was a bit of a problem. My parcel took ages to arrive but the woman at babyonline kept after the courier company and made sure that I got my order. She also said she'd put into the computer that I should get some free wipes (which I probably don't want, but oh well) with my next order.
Robin, mom to Katie 24 Jan 2005

jeshiko
TNN guru

Post by jeshiko » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:41 pm

hi ya - you can now get popolini nappies etc from www.littleclothkiwis.co.nz be special request
Finn Peter 2006, Mikko Alexander 2008, Kasper Svend 2010 and...

Chaucey
TNN nerd

Post by Chaucey » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:38 pm

Sounds like the issue I had when my friend sent me to get a bulk pack of disposables for her baby the other day. I felt bad for her that I couldn't get the deal she'd seen on the net.

I see now, after a bit of research that Babyonline say:
Please call a shop to find out if product you are interested in is available. Please notice that prices may vary between retail outlets and Diapers Express/Babyonline.co.nz , nothing in this website suggests that published prices online are the same in Nappies for Less Retail outlets.

So I guess I went to the right place, but that there is no correlation between prices at physical locations and online.[/i]

Arna
TNN guru

Post by Arna » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:00 pm

I generally find them good - I still buy disposables for daycare days & for one of her grandmothers - the local franchise seems to be cheaper than the online shop for many items & I suspect this is due to them incorportaing the freight into the online goods.
BUT recently I had a letter demanding payment for overdue amount - for a purchase made one day before the letter was written (their invoice states 14 days for payment + most people I know who use them usually take at least a month to pay without any letters grrr :x ) so I wrote them a note back on their letter on how not to loose a customer because they just lost a regular :roll: But that gives me a reason to try to use my cloth full time :D
mum to two not-so-little trouble-makers - Paije 7yrs & Ashton 4yrs
lost 10.1kgs & 36cms in my 8wk challenge - time to think about the next 10kgs!
Ticker

sb
TNN nerd

Post by sb » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:50 pm

I went to the Mt Wellington one today (Carbine Road) I think its the head office, the warehouse is next door. They have the Popolini nappies, including AIOs, fitteds and some good priced wool covers as well as covers, towelling flats and muzzies. Prices slightly different from those on the web. My local store (Sandringham) doesn't stock cloth.

jeshiko
TNN guru

Post by jeshiko » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:57 pm

sb wrote:I went to the Mt Wellington one today (Carbine Road) I think its the head office, the warehouse is next door. They have the Popolini nappies, including AIOs, fitteds and some good priced wool covers as well as covers, towelling flats and muzzies. Prices slightly different from those on the web. My local store (Sandringham) doesn't stock cloth.

I have most of the range at their online prices on my site too if you ever want anything
Finn Peter 2006, Mikko Alexander 2008, Kasper Svend 2010 and...

Return to “Nappy businesses”