Ditto's one-size pattern

Dunners
TNN oracle

Ditto's one-size pattern

Post by Dunners » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:09 pm

This pattern rocks!

I made my first one ages ago - when Macca's boy was a wee newborn and had skinny wee legs & it was a struggle to find a nappy that would fit snug around his thighs. Melissa said that nappy was fantastic, and now 9 months on it's still a great fit on Jack.

Last night I made a pocket for James using this pattern. I'm so pleased with the fit, it's great! I might have to get rid of a few nappies to justify making some more for James using this pattern ;)

The leg elastic is snap-adjustable so this pattern is best for those with easy access to a snap press.

Cheers Esther (and sorry for all the requests for your pattern that will follow...)
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

ditto
TNN guru

Post by ditto » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:03 pm

Thanks, Leanne :)

The pattern is available by PMing me. It goes up to about equivalent to petite Fuzzibunz size, so it doesn't go up to large size unless you make the wings longer. It's a bit fiddlier to make than some nappies so shouldn't be the first nappy you try. It fits babies from around eight pounds up to about 13kg.
Mama to Braden (5/05), Rosalia (6/08), Corin (3/10) and Annelise (2/14)

dodgums
TNN guru

Post by dodgums » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:07 am

Leanne or Esther do you have a photo ? Need to make some more naps in the holidays and have Esthers pattern here. Would love to see it :D
Mum to G 21yrs, B 20yr, B 14yrs, G 12yrs, G 9yrs, B 7yrs, B 5yrs and wife to a great dh

ditto
TNN guru

Post by ditto » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:01 am

There should be photos in the pattern instructions I sent you, Sue - but here's one of some more:

dodgums
TNN guru

Post by dodgums » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:29 am

Cool Esther seeing them is enough to get me going Thanks heaps Just have to wait for the DIY pul to arrive and I will be off sewing :lol:
Mum to G 21yrs, B 20yr, B 14yrs, G 12yrs, G 9yrs, B 7yrs, B 5yrs and wife to a great dh

nbishie
TNN nerd

Post by nbishie » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:24 pm

i love dittos pattern! :smt023
It fits katie (almost 10 kgs) perfectly.
I had a bit of trouble learning to do the leg casting but find it pretty easy now.
here are some of the ones i made with the pattern

Nadeesha

Faraway
TNN nerd

Post by Faraway » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:29 pm

Wow your pockets look great! And I love the patterns :)

Nic_bear

Post by Nic_bear » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:11 pm

ditto wrote:Thanks, Leanne :)

The pattern is available by PMing me. It goes up to about equivalent to petite Fuzzibunz size, so it doesn't go up to large size unless you make the wings longer. It's a bit fiddlier to make than some nappies so shouldn't be the first nappy you try. It fits babies from around eight pounds up to about 13kg.

I send you a private message, did you get it?

Megan
TNN guru

Post by Megan » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:13 pm

I love this pattern. It's a great fit on my boy, it looks really trim. I've made a couple for other people and one for DS and this morning it had its first big test and passed with flying colours :lol: . Yay! Definitely a bit trickier to make than other nappies but I enjoyed making something a bit more challenging.

Gaia
TNN guru

Post by Gaia » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:56 pm

Looks like a great pattern.

What makes it so adjustable? Is the rise adjustable?
Just trying to picture how it works and if it would be suitable for my wee fairy girl.
Have never seen one IRL.

Thanks
~Heather~

**Happiness is not having what you want, but wanting what you have. - ANON **

http://overthetoporiginals.wordpress.com/

ditto
TNN guru

Post by ditto » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:22 pm

It has adjustable leg elastic, Heather :)

dodgums
TNN guru

Post by dodgums » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:45 pm

If someone sees this before Ditto could you please email me the directions? I have 2 naps cut out and dh is looking after the children and I want to sew now LOL Have just finished 2 other naps. I dont want to stop. Better go and look for something to cut out until I have the directions.

Thanks heaps

Sue
Last edited by dodgums on Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

dodgums
TNN guru

Post by dodgums » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:49 pm

I have it thanks heaps off to make it now :D :D :D :D :D

annalisef
TNN nerd

Post by annalisef » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:29 am

ditto wrote:It fits babies from around eight pounds up to about 13kg.

I've got your pattern Esther (as you know coz you sent it to me :) ) and I've made about 14 from it so far. I've made some pretty cool prints up, so I must take some pics and figure out how to post them.... They are looking really great and compared with the few "professional" ones I've bought, I'm really pleased with them. Of course I won't know how well they work until January!

I began to wonder recently though if they would be small enough to fit a newborn, so I started to make some small Wee Weka to use in the early stages. Have only made 1.9 nappies so far and I'm finding them really fiddly! We are expecting a big bub though (>9 lb-ers both me and DH and all big bubs both sides of the family), so would other TNNers just recommend to stick with Ditto's pattern and not bother with making any smalls?

Cheers,
A.
DS 17/01/08

Arguing with an engineer like my DH is like mud wrestling with a pig - after a while you realise that the pig is enjoying it.

Dog training :paw:, nappy making :TNN1:, and now knitting :Knitting:!

Tentacles
TNN guru

Post by Tentacles » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:34 am

annalisef wrote:
ditto wrote:It fits babies from around eight pounds up to about 13kg.

I've got your pattern Esther (as you know coz you sent it to me :) ) and I've made about 14 from it so far. I've made some pretty cool prints up, so I must take some pics and figure out how to post them.... They are looking really great and compared with the few "professional" ones I've bought, I'm really pleased with them. Of course I won't know how well they work until January!

I began to wonder recently though if they would be small enough to fit a newborn, so I started to make some small Wee Weka to use in the early stages. Have only made 1.9 nappies so far and I'm finding them really fiddly! We are expecting a big bub though (>9 lb-ers both me and DH and all big bubs both sides of the family), so would other TNNers just recommend to stick with Ditto's pattern and not bother with making any smalls?

Cheers,
A.

Did you use the wee weka sm/med pocket pattern? If so my boy didn't go into that until about 5 months, but he's quite small, he was about 6.5kg or 14lbs. You'll need something smaller than that for a nb. I'm not sure about Ditto's pattern as I haven't got around to making it up yet :roll:
Alison - Currently SAHM to DS (04/07) and DD (09/10).

http://kiwicraftychemist.blogspot.com

Return to “Pattern Reviews”