Wee Weka side snap pocket/FOE training pants/fitted nap S/M

Louise
TNN oracle

Wee Weka side snap pocket/FOE training pants/fitted nap S/M

Post by Louise » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:57 pm

Another super-easy pattern. Great instructions, very versatile pattern - can be adapted to make stitch and turn pocket, training pants or fitted with fold-out soaker.

I have made stitch and turn pockets and training pants with FOE with this pattern. I love the easy FOE training pants, made 4 of them and was very quick and easy. I made them with PU Nylon (Greenbeans) and 1 layer Flannelette with a 4 layer flannelette soaker pad sewn in. They work so well. They fit Nathan (2 3/4, 13kg) done up on the second set of snaps and they fit Faith (18 mos, 9kg) done up on the first set of snaps.

Here is a link to the photos of the training pants I made with this pattern.
http://www.thenappynetwork.org.nz/phpBB ... php?t=5450

Here is a link to the stitch and turn pockets I made.
http://www.thenappynetwork.org.nz/phpBB ... php?t=2667

I made them with a layer of polar fleece, PU nylon and suedecloth inner. I found these nappies more difficult to make than some others I have made but these were some of the first pocket nappies I made so it was all new to me. I found these nappies were VERY narrow through the crotch, I could only fit a hemp prefold folded in 4. I think it is partly because of the fabrics I used. If I had used PUL and microfleece it would have had more stretch to it. I would add a couple of cm's to the crotch if making this pattern again and use stretchier fabrics (or add even more to the crotch if going for the non-stretchy fabrics).
Mum of 6

Dunners
TNN oracle

Post by Dunners » Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:28 pm

This pattern and instructions can be downloaded from here http://www.thenappynetwork.org.nz/images/WeeWeka_SMSideSnap.pdf

I have just tried a pocket this size on James (4 weeks old, 5 kg) and it would fit snugly with a 4th row of socket snaps (the 3rd row isn't quite tight enough).
Last edited by Dunners on Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

nova
TNN oracle

Post by nova » Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:28 pm

i've just made the M/L pattern as a pocket, doing stitch & turn, & its a nice medium :D

easy, fast, not quite wide enough in the crotch to use as a cover over our snappied prefolds, but not a major 8) would be really nice if i hadn't put a snap on backwards :roll:

fits my 8kg(ish), 5 month old (today!!), with a 45cm waist, really nicely as a cover on the tightest settings :smt041

i like it :smt023
:star:

criscutho
TNN newbie

My favourite pattern!

Post by criscutho » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:50 pm

I have made about 15 of these. They started to fit DD around 2 months, but with some gape at the legs, so we added a fourth row of snaps. The fleece ones still fit on the tightest setting (she is 12 months and 8.5kg). The PUL ones are out the the second snap.

I love this nappy and use it a lot. Unfortunately, DH prefers velcro, so avoids these, and my childcarer keeps putting them on backwards. So I get them all to myself!

I stuff the pockets with a 2 layer hemp trifold +/microfibre, and it is really trim. I use polar fleece ones stuffed with a bamboo flat at night. I have made fitteds from velour out of this pattern too (overlocked) and they are huge. They fit with lots of give now, and I have to put a good cover over them.

Monty
TNN nerd

Post by Monty » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:32 am

A great big thank-you to Dunners for creating this pattern!

I made one last night for my 6.5 month, 8.7kg boy and the fit is superb!

I's a lovely trim fit and super easy pattern to follow. The crotch is quite narrow but I really like this feature as it ensures a trim fit, it's not too narrow though as I can easily stuff a regular prefold folded in four in it.

THANKYOU!!!!
Leanne - mother of Callum (15), Ayla (7), Ethan (5) and

twinangels
TNN newbie

Post by twinangels » Sat May 03, 2008 10:03 pm

love love love the pattern! Its lovely and trim. Fits my 7kg, 6 month girl well on the tightest snaps. Next one I make though Ill add a 4th set of sockets, to fit a smaller baby.

Return to “Pattern Reviews”