Shar's version of Wee Weka side snap (adjusted to NB size)

Post Reply
Dunners
TNN oracle
Posts: 17750
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:56 pm
Location: Ōtautahi

Shar's version of Wee Weka side snap (adjusted to NB size)

Post by Dunners » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:17 pm

http://www.thenappynetwork.org.nz/images/shars_newborn_sidesnap.pdf

I made an adjustment to this pattern - instead of adding 3 socket snaps, I added 4 size 16 within the same distance. Next time I wouldn't bother as I found the size 16 snaps a bit fiddly/harder to do up, and I'm not sure the extra set of snaps made it any more adjustable!

I add extra padding to the front of the nappy (being worn by a boy) and I suspect it won't fit for much longer (he's now 5 kg, nearly 11 lb). It would probably fit a girl (or a boy without extra padding at the front) for a bit longer.

Without being difficult to stuff or leaky, it is nice and trim between the legs.
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

cdmama
TNN newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:15 am

Compare?

Post by cdmama » Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:46 am

Wow baby is already a month old? That was fast! How do the side snap ones compare with the ones you made from Shars nb pattern? Did they both fit the same when your DS was born? How big was he at birth. I am trying to decide what pattern or variation of patterns to make. Did you get a hammock for him?

ednaboo
TNN convert
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:59 pm
Location: Melbourne, Aus

Post by ednaboo » Wed May 02, 2007 3:51 pm

I made 2 of these out of scraps for DD. They are so cute! She has now gorwn out of them at 5 weeks (wt 4.7kg) but they were good early on. Loved the fact I could use up scraps of PUL that were too small for anything else.
Mum to a blue eyed blonde haired boy Dec 04 and a dark haired girl born Mar 07!

User avatar
nzmum
TNN nerd
Posts: 2578
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:57 am
Location: Lower Hutt

Post by nzmum » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:51 pm

I made a few of these and they were hopeless on my wee man. I got 100% leakage :-( I found front snapping pockets worked significantly better. I don't think it was a materials/sewing issue as I used the same materials for both styles. However, it may have been an "aim" issue which I hadn't faced before with my girls :)

They are super cute though!
Jannene

Post Reply

Return to “Pattern Reviews”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest