Ditto's Tiiny Tuck-In Nappy

Post Reply
ariayla

Ditto's Tiiny Tuck-In Nappy

Post by ariayla » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:55 pm

I recently purchased the pattern and finally got around to sewing some nappies for M.

Its nice and easy to sew (When you dont cut the tabs off cause you didnt read the instructions), but next time will set the tummy snaps down a bit further from the edge as I had issues getting the sewing machine around the corners once they were snapped. Definatley cant top stitch it. I love that you get the extra snap placement pattern piece with this, makes it alot easier.

Nappy on small setting.
tiny tuckin.jpg
tiny tuckin.jpg (97.15 KiB) Viewed 3249 times


Butterfly Nappy Small setting, Pink Fairy largest setting

tuckins.jpg
tuckins.jpg (100.27 KiB) Viewed 3336 times
Last edited by ariayla on Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

ditto
TNN guru
Posts: 5255
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 10:26 am
Location: Wellington

Re: Ditto's Tiiny Tuck-In Nappy

Post by ditto » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:31 am

They look lovely :) You won't have to sew past the snaps (except the side ones) if you do the tummy seam first. Also you'll get it fitting for longer if the second wing snaps are further over. Love that fairy PUL!
Mama to Braden (5/05), Rosalia (6/08), Corin (3/10) and Annelise (2/14)

User avatar
Chooky
TNN guru
Posts: 9658
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Dunedin

Re: Ditto's Tiiny Tuck-In Nappy

Post by Chooky » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:45 am

Very nice :)
Image

ariayla

Re: Ditto's Tiiny Tuck-In Nappy

Post by ariayla » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:53 am

ditto wrote:They look lovely :) You won't have to sew past the snaps (except the side ones) if you do the tummy seam first. Also you'll get it fitting for longer if the second wing snaps are further over. Love that fairy PUL!


Yeah the side one was the biggest issue but I think it was because these were the first nappies I have sewn in ages so am a bit out of practice. So the 2nd wing snap you recon to move it over another snap placement?

ariayla

Re: Ditto's Tiiny Tuck-In Nappy

Post by ariayla » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:50 am

Action shot in OP.

Loving the fit of this nappy and the fact its not bulky when on the small setting, great knowing that as she grows I wont have to make her more nappies.

User avatar
drlauren
TNN nerd
Posts: 1425
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:36 pm
Location: Wellington

Re: Ditto's Tiiny Tuck-In Nappy

Post by drlauren » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:05 am

ariayla wrote:Its nice and easy to sew (When you dont cut the tabs off cause you didnt read the instructions), but next time will set the tummy snaps down a bit further from the edge as I had issues getting the sewing machine around the corners once they were snapped. Definatley cant top stitch it. I love that you get the extra snap placement pattern piece with this, makes it alot easier.

tuckins.jpg


I have found this with a few patterns till i discovered that it was easier if i shifted my needle over to the left, like when you are doing manual buttonholes on some machines or with the zig-zag width slider on my machine.
Image
Image

ariayla

Re: Ditto's Tiiny Tuck-In Nappy

Post by ariayla » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:13 am

drlauren wrote:
ariayla wrote:Its nice and easy to sew (When you dont cut the tabs off cause you didnt read the instructions), but next time will set the tummy snaps down a bit further from the edge as I had issues getting the sewing machine around the corners once they were snapped. Definatley cant top stitch it. I love that you get the extra snap placement pattern piece with this, makes it alot easier.

tuckins.jpg


I have found this with a few patterns till i discovered that it was easier if i shifted my needle over to the left, like when you are doing manual buttonholes on some machines or with the zig-zag width slider on my machine.


Oh good idea, will try this with another lot im making for a friend.

User avatar
lilmonster
TNN nerd
Posts: 1538
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:06 pm
Location: South Waikato

Re: Ditto's Tiiny Tuck-In Nappy

Post by lilmonster » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:31 am

Love this pattern - love the higher rise with on it :D i brought one of stardusts tiny tuck in nappies and absolutly love it - it been worn everyday since recieving it hehe :D gota love this nice weather to get nappies dried. It fits my dd on the large rise tighest setting, cant wait to try it on a n/b
Hayley: Mum to 2girls (dd1 oct 05 and dd2 april 09), 2 boys (ds1 april 11 and ds2 april 13)
Image

Post Reply

Return to “Pattern Reviews”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest