Ethan's Mum
TNN nerd

Post by Ethan's Mum » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:02 am

mermaid13 wrote:
Ethan's Mum wrote:Baby Harmony will be exhibiting :D

awesome - we getting there :roll:
carla

Yeah, slowly but surely :roll: :lol:

Carla I'll PM you a list of people to chase up - will do that in a minute :wink: Thanks for helping to phone around :D

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:12 am

Yay! and I have been chatting to LLL about the feeding space they would like to help out somehow... so not only will that ensure that a whole heap of LLL members hear about the expo they will maybe help out if we need it.

They are talking about it at their meeting on Wednesday, they might want to book a space and provide info/support/bf space, otherwise they might just offer help with what we are already doing with setting up a space and access to water etc... my only proviso is if they are doing it with our space instead of booking a space that they have to treat bottle feeding and bf mums equally but can provide extra support and flyers/details IYKWIM.

And one of the ante-natal classes has emailed back to say thanks and that they will be passing on details!!! Its nice to know that the word is getting out there!!
Lisa

sb
TNN nerd

Post by sb » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:52 am

Great Stuff!
Shyrel - Mum to James November 06

Toni&Caitlin
TNN newbie

Post by Toni&Caitlin » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:50 pm

Hope I'm not too late!!!?!?!?!?

I'm only back in action after an op earlier this month.

I'm the West Auckland agent for Honey Child and have been involved in last years RNW expo as well as the Waitakere City Council cloth nappy project. I'd love to get involved again this year!

Can someone please give me some details about what I need to do. My email addy is toni.pressman-hyde@honeychild.co.nz

Toni

Ethan's Mum
TNN nerd

Post by Ethan's Mum » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:04 pm

Hi Toni

I'll PM you - just gotta put my boy to bed first :wink:

Ethan's Mum
TNN nerd

Post by Ethan's Mum » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:17 pm

Baby Cuddles will be exhibiting :D

Toni&Caitlin
TNN newbie

Post by Toni&Caitlin » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:50 pm

All sorted! Thanks Helen

Caitlin and I look forward to meeting you all there

mermaid13
TNN nerd

Post by mermaid13 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:37 pm

I feel in my element ringing people :lol: - having an awesome time ( shame they dont seem to be able to make it :cry: ) am getting lots of brochures sent for the day :wink:
And waiting , waiting , waiting to get hold of the rodney times - hate message boxes :twisted: so we can organise our nappachino :wink:

carla
Carla mama to luke 4 already

----------------------------------------- > my first time wrapping luke as a 2 year old

Mind is Powerful, Body is Strong, I am Mama

Ethan's Mum
TNN nerd

Post by Ethan's Mum » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:15 pm

mermaid13 wrote:I feel in my element ringing people :lol: - having an awesome time ( shame they dont seem to be able to make it :cry: ) am getting lots of brochures sent for the day :wink:
And waiting , waiting , waiting to get hold of the rodney times - hate message boxes :twisted: so we can organise our nappachino :wink:

carla

ooh glad you're enjoying it Carla. Maybe I could give you a few more to do that I haven't got to yet :wink: :wink: :lol:

We have 12 confirmed so far so that's good - phew on covering the hire costs for the venue :D (although still waiting on payments from most). If we can get to 20 that would be fantastic!

sb
TNN nerd

Post by sb » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:32 pm

Ethan's Mum wrote:
mermaid13 wrote:I feel in my element ringing people :lol: - having an awesome time ( shame they dont seem to be able to make it :cry: ) am getting lots of brochures sent for the day :wink:

carla

ooh glad you're enjoying it Carla. Maybe I could give you a few more to do that I haven't got to yet :wink: :wink: :lol:

We have 12 confirmed so far so that's good - phew on covering the hire costs for the venue :D (although still waiting on payments from most). If we can get to 20 that would be fantastic!

You guys rock! Well Done!
Shyrel - Mum to James November 06

rebeccal
TNN nerd

Post by rebeccal » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:34 pm

I've had a few more replies from out of Aucklanders to send brochures, which I will update the list of in my previous post.

Fancypantz (Chch based) has offered to also lend us a nappy to display. Is there going to be someone looking after a display of different nappy types at the Expo which this could be contributed to?

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:57 pm

Oh Rebecca I got the scamps ones in the post yesterday! Nice to get mail (that isn't bills) even if it isn't for *me*

SB is organising the volunteers into a roster so that will determine if a table is perminantly manned or if people are floating, We/She is also going to put one of each of the flyers onto a display board so everyone can see them clearly, perhaps if people don't have a flyer they might do an A5 pic of their nappy products and a few business cards? (not too much bigger or it will be hard to fit everyone in I imagine).
Lisa

rebeccal
TNN nerd

Post by rebeccal » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:49 pm

I think I will tell Fancypantz not to send a sample as I'm just too scared something might happen to it, and I don't want any of us to be responsible for that. It's very easy for that type of thing to walk off when it gets busy.

I'm pleased the brochures are starting to arrive!

jessie78
TNN nerd

Post by jessie78 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:53 pm

A little birdie told me on the phone tonight that LLL is getting in on this, I wasn't sure I had much to offer as I'm not that knowledgeable about nappies, but boobs I do know!! lol

Anyways, I will try to do both so sign me up for whatever, I'll probably be roped into LLL by the lady you must have talked to Lisa, but is there anything still going? :)
Jessica, mum to
Xander - 12
Emily - 10
Darien stillborn 16/6/08
Lorelai - 8

www.SLINGBABIES.co.nz

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:31 am

Oh goodie, I was a bit worried from the last email that they weren't sure they could do anything. (I haven't heard back yet)

Yay 'cause sorting out a feeding space was one of those things that was turning my head in... now we have some experts who can take over :)

(also means that alot more LLL are going to hear about it than if we just hoped for flyers to be passed on :wink: )
Lisa

Return to “Archived - Real Nappy Week 2008”