Running a Nappy Sewing Class

Megan
TNN guru

Post by Megan » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:07 pm

Dunners wrote::smt041

Nappy looks great!

Megan, when you have a chance, can you do a wee review of what you did, what worked really well, what could be improved on, etc.

And yay for the Dads!

Sure, that's a great idea. After a sleep though. I was so tired afterwards that I almost stopped the car to have a nap on the side of the road on the way home :lol: . I didn't get much sleep last night!
Overall, I'm really pleased with the way it went, and I think everyone was pleased with their nappies (although the lastin didn't seem to do its thing on Erica's cotton velour inner? Any tips?).

Great idea, Fi, and thanks so much for organising the people, venue, tables, power outlets, tea, coffee, biscuits etc etc! You did a huge amount of work for today to happen.
:D

macca
TNN guru

Post by macca » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:10 am

Yay guys - it looks like you did an awesome job. And lovely finished product.

:smt041
Melissa
Mum to Jack - born November 06 and Charlie - born May 09.
My blog http://maccafamily.blogspot.com

sandra17
TNN nutter

Post by sandra17 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:52 pm

Thank you Fi and Megan. I had a great time. B has worn the nappy already. So far so good.

I think I would be up for making a fitted nappy.
Sandra

ds Dec 02
dd Jan 07

Mel
TNN guru

Post by Mel » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:53 pm

Megan wrote: (although the lastin didn't seem to do its thing on Erica's cotton velour inner? Any tips?).

did you do PUL, MicroFleece and Velour all in one?? If so then yes it wont work, its too thick for the Lastin, get rid of the MF layer or do incased braided elastic thats just attched at the two ends KWIM?.
If it was just Velour and PUL... strange it should worked.

And Figi No worries about the inserts I was happy to donate them. 8-) Your nappy looks well done! It sounds like you all had fun.

Erica-Jane
TNN nerd

Post by Erica-Jane » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:27 pm

It was just PUL and velour Mel, but I was probably doing it wrong. No worries though. I want to do casings so I can adjust down a bit for baby when Rose is TT. She has tried her nappy and pronounced it "yeth vewwy comfy" so I will be sewing up some more for her. Thank you so much Megan for releasing me from nappy sewing paralysis!
I am now going to have to get some more PUL (not immediately but within the next 6 weeks) as this pattern is a bit bigger than most of my cuts so if any of the other ladies want to do a group GB order would you please flick them my details Megan and Fi? I think you both have my phone email and address.
I'm definitely up to try fitteds if you have any masochistic tendencies :D

Return to “Archived - Real Nappy Week 2008”