Real Nappy Week 2007.

AbbeHG
TNN nerd

Post by AbbeHG » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:58 am

From a WAHM perspective - I would love to send samples and business info up to these events and ideally have a selected TNNer who is happy to 'represent' me in my absence. And I would be happy to donate products for any fundraising.

However that said - would now be a good time for TNN to set some guidelines about 'advertising' for businesses at these types of events? Guidelines always help clarify - hopefully for everyone's benefit. There's no reason why the committee can't make some clear decisions regarding advertising at promotional events or leave it up to each local area group to decide what guidelines they want to have.
Abbe
I love sewing and have plenty of material witnesses. ~Author Unknown

mum2max
TNN convert

Post by mum2max » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:05 pm

Completely agree with Abbe's post!

Having some clear guidelines around advertising at real nappy week events would be helpful. I didn't find it clear at all last time and took the angle that we were promoting real nappy week and TNN & not our business or products (per se).

Paula
Paula, mum to Max (04) and Oscar (05)

nova
TNN oracle

Post by nova » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:29 pm

i'm keen to help! :D (lol i met janine & CC at this years one ;) )

i'd be happy to hold meetings at my house :) (since i have no blimin car! :roll: ) and we almost never have anything going on :lol:
:star:

Mel
TNN guru

Post by Mel » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:26 pm

I would love to send samples and business info up to these events and ideally have a selected TNNer who is happy to 'represent' me in my absence.

I was actually thinking of that, as there are very few wahms in Hamilton but I would love to see something happening in Hamilton for a change as we seem sooooo behind,
I was going to volunteer my time for any wahm/s who couldnt make it to hams (and all my family and friends time, Im sure I could find a rep for each wahm interested as we all love mcn in this house! 8) ),
the only thing is that no one knows me on here :? (but my big sis is well known if that helps! :D ) and well I dont really know what happens at rnw or where to start.

JJJ
TNN nerd

Post by JJJ » Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:05 pm

mum2max wrote:Completely agree with Abbe's post!

Having some clear guidelines around advertising at real nappy week events would be helpful. I didn't find it clear at all last time and took the angle that we were promoting real nappy week and TNN & not our business or products (per se).

I don't know what you did last year, but maybe you could have:

1. stand/s promoting the use of cloth/TNN generally with samples of each system (ie pockets, fitteds, prefolds) to show people how they work

2. stand/s which emphasise the environmental benefits of cloth

3. separate advertising stands for WAHM to sell/promote their products (including non-nappy products like babywearing gear)

4. stand/s to show people how to make their own nappies, for those who can't afford to buy new naps & are put off by the set-up cost. You could:
- show each step in the nappy making process (ie have nappies in various stages of production so that people can see how they are made)
- give sewing demos
- give "have a go" sessions for novice sewers using recycled materials - eg as shown in fern & faerie http://fernandfaerie.com/frugaldiapering.html
While this would be time consuming, I think often non-sewers are a little scared to give it a go because it looks hard, but if they can have a go and discover for themselves that its not so hard after all then they may be more inclined to buy a 2nd hand machine and have a go sewing their own nappies. Plus if people leave with a nappy they've made all by themself then they will feel good about trying cloth?

5. a knitting stand including a "help desk" where people can ask experienced knitters "how do I.... ?"

Just thinking out loud really.
Mama to Elliott and Connor

0ebuny
TNN nerd

Post by 0ebuny » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:57 am

yea JJJ thats what i was thinking of doing here.

are we allowed to print the patterns off and sell them to cover the cost of printing? like only .50c or $1 or something?
BEX

wahm to Mikayla waterbirth on 7/3/05, tristan 4/2/07 and Akasha (unplanned homebirth) 25/4/11
one angel baby Zane

Bum Basics: cheak out our facebook page were having a big sale.

LemonNZ
TNN guru

Post by LemonNZ » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:38 pm

Kaz wrote:If you look at some of the stuff that we did this year, I think it could be easily changed for RNW 2007. Lemonnz has all the stuff on file and would be able to send it to you.

In my spare time :wink: 11.41pm...might get to bed early for a change :smt044

ClothConvert
TNN nerd

Post by ClothConvert » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:03 pm

LemonNZ wrote:In my spare time :wink: 11.41pm...might get to bed early for a change :smt044

me too Michelle :smt044
If I have broadband I'd be demanding you send it now :smt040

LemonNZ
TNN guru

Post by LemonNZ » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:38 pm

Please refer to this if you would like posters or static display materials in the standard format for Real Nappy Week.

http://www.thenappynetwork.org.nz/phpBB ... 715#206715

Yoyo Nappy
TNN newbie

Real Nappy Week 2007

Post by Yoyo Nappy » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:41 pm

Thanks for all the tips as this will be our first year in Nelson to hold RNW. I have contacted all the TNN mums in Nelson and hope to get our act together in the next two weeks. Any info is a great help thanks

I have had two meetings with the Richmond Council to subsidize cloth naps for this area and they are very receptive to the idea.
We have a very good eco friendly councillor gentleman who uses cloth nappies for his family. How cool is that?
Jan
New generation cloth nappies made lovingly in NZ for environmentally friendly parents.
Make a difference to your planet and your pocket .. use the wonderful new alternative …. YOYO NAPPY!
www.yoyonappy.com

citrus
TNN convert

Post by citrus » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:43 pm

I was just thinking about the idea that had been mentioned of printing out nappy patterns to sell for the cost of printing them and I wondered if anyone had tried to get other places to print nappy patterns eg Spotlight and local newspapers?

Spotlight has little leaflets you can pick up instore with patterns on them, if we could convince them to make one for a nappy for real nappy week that would be great. But I don't think there is time for that this year (and it would also have to use fabric they sell).

However we maybe able to convince some of the newspapers that have a little craft column each week to print it? probably they wouldn't print the pattern as it would take up too much space, but maybe they could print the url for the pattern and a photo with some instructions?

Anyway its just an idea, if it doesn't work this year maybe next year.

Return to “Archived - Real Nappy Week 2007”