Auckland! :D

nova
TNN oracle

Post by nova » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:50 am

see if jacinta will donate some jewellery to the cause..? :smt047 no? fair enough.. :lol:

places like ezibuy & postie plus sometimes have plain team clothes for cheapish..i'll go browse (supposed to be doing the dishes!)
:star:

LemonNZ
TNN guru

Post by LemonNZ » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:35 pm

Just wondering about your points 7 & 8...it might pay to check out your legal obligations if providing change tables...do they have to met OSH standards with waist straps...hand washing facilities...

Also in the way of refreshments this can also be a H&S nightmare...why not ring a coffee carvan type set up and let them know you are holding an event and ask if they would come and sell to your visitors. You may or may not charge them a small fee for a captive group of customers but at least you won't be left doing the dishes...or worse still be yourself adding to land fill with disposable cups :wink:

ClothConvert
TNN nerd

Post by ClothConvert » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:01 pm

whoa, good points Michelle, thanks for the heads up!

anyone wants to volunteer to find out about the coffee caravan thing?

and the legal obligations/OSH standards requirments?

(I'm getting good at delegating...... :wink: just need volunteers now [-o< )

see updated to do list on page 1

LemonNZ
TNN guru

Post by LemonNZ » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:16 pm

ClothConvert wrote:whoa, good points Michelle, thanks for the heads up!

Not really trying to squash all your hard work CC but also don't want to see any last minute hurdles get in your way if they can be avoided so am happy to play devil's advocate here and post the "what ifs".

Keep up the good work!

LemonNZ
TNN guru

Post by LemonNZ » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:19 pm

Now did we (the powers that be) decide if it is "Real Nappy Week" "Reusable Nappy Week" or something different altogether? As I have the posters, banners, display files on my computer and am happy to change them if I have plenty of warning but I also have work commitments coming up and DH is going away so I won't have the time last minute sorry.

ClothConvert
TNN nerd

Post by ClothConvert » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:23 pm

Not really trying to squash all your hard work

nah, didn't take it that way at all - I'm so grateful for people in the know and with experience. Yay for people like you. Now I need Rose back so she can advice on legal matters.

Please anyone else, we'd dearly appreciate helpful comments/suggestions you have - don't ever feel like you're butting in! We're in this together :mrgreen:

ClothConvert
TNN nerd

Post by ClothConvert » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:25 pm

Now did we (the powers that be) decide if it is "Real Nappy Week" "Reusable Nappy Week" or something different altogether?

Yikes! I only vaguely remember a discussion on this - so I don't actually know!!!!

Karen
TNN nerd

Post by Karen » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:52 am

CC, I might be able to get some info on the coffee caravan thing, I think WAPC had it at their Market Day last year.
part-time worker ,University student and Mum to Lucy Belle Kay and little angel boy 9/05/09

Janine
TNN nerd

Post by Janine » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:09 am

ummmm I don't think a Coffee Caravan will work as we have no road frontage and it can't get round the back where we are??!
Janine
DS-M - 11/03/05
DS-B - 03/09/07
DDs-R & J - 09/06/09

nova
TNN oracle

Post by nova » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:24 pm

tables! :D
how many tables do we have access to, and how many tables can we comfortably fit?

cos we have-
- Nappy booth - will need table, maybe two if you want the demo kit out, plus leaflets & stuff.. the demo kit is huge! lol
- Accessories (eg wipes, Little Squirt) and Personal Care/Mums (eg keeper, mamapads, breastpads) booth - will need table
- Hire Kit booth - table?? maybe a small one? are you planning to have hire kits on display?
- DIY area (including showing different stages of a nappy construction, fabric samples, etc) - will need table
- Knitting/Crocheting Circle - table?? or maybe just something like an easel for attaching a couple of knitted items & some info, and maybe hold some help sheets???
- refreshments may need their own table..
- wahms??

wahms
do we want to invite wahms to sell their wares? do we have room?? should we set a limit to the number of companies represented? it would be great to have them there, but we probably can't fit everyone & their truckload of stock in... and should it be limited to nappies, and maybe mamastuff?
we could maybe say - limited to first 10 companies to confirm, and have only 3 representatives for all of them..? and only say... a banana box worth of stock per company? just so that we aren't overwhelmed with different companies, and salespeople, and stock! :shock: :lol: the sooner we make a decision on this the better, so salespeople can be arranged, stock shifted, cash-handling sorted, ordering systems sorted, they might even want to group together to organise mobile eftpos (which would be FABOO!! :D but dangerous ;) )...??

i don't mind liasing with wahms on this, but what are everyone's thoughts??

edited to change "comapnies" :lol: it just sounds funny to me... :lol:

chuffed
TNN nerd

Post by chuffed » Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:26 pm

I did have a little thought but am not sure how it would go- logistics of it. The organic shop down the road sells the greatest vege sausages which are dairy, egg free. What about seeing if we could get some at 'cost' with people knowing they are available just down the road and sell them. It could be a bit of a fundraiser and we could do small juice cartons' or something too.

Not sure of how this could work with nappies, maybe as people leave or gather outside?

I was also trying to work out the logistics of disposable stuff that goes with this type of thing but for RNW it is really about the cloth nappies not necessarily eco living is it?
Mum to dd 8yr6m, ds 6yr9m, triplet girls 4yr6m

Distributor of Diono Car Seats in New Zealand www.diono.co.nz

ClothConvert
TNN nerd

Post by ClothConvert » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:21 pm

okay how's everyone doing? We'll need to have another meeting - I think last time we murmured about Waitangi day - is that a good day? If we do it on the 6th we may even be able to do a day meeting you reckon? Otherwise, I think Thursdays suit everyone, so the 7th?

I'm away from 14th - possibly 21st Feb.

Janine
TNN nerd

Post by Janine » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:39 pm

I thik we need another mtg CC - pick a day :)
Janine
DS-M - 11/03/05
DS-B - 03/09/07
DDs-R & J - 09/06/09

Karen
TNN nerd

Post by Karen » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:32 pm

Pleas don't do it on waitangi !! I'm going away for the weekend and I really want to be at this next meeting!!
part-time worker ,University student and Mum to Lucy Belle Kay and little angel boy 9/05/09

nova
TNN oracle

Post by nova » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:43 pm

whenever suits me as long as its at my place or during the day if janine can give me a ride....?? :wink:

Return to “Archived - Real Nappy Week 2007”