Chch RNW planning meeting

Kaz
TNN guru

Chch RNW planning meeting

Post by Kaz » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:45 am

Hi all!

I've possible managed to get a free display at South City Mall for Real Nappy Week. I've spoken to Louise and we think it could be a really good platform to get things moving!!!!

We do need to have a meeting asap to co ordinate what we are doing (Nappicinos, Nappy Expo), decide what we'd like in the display, organise some media etc.

Let me know if you are able to lend a hand and when a meeting would suit. I was thinking sometime next week, but could combine with the nappicino at Michelle's? (I thought a seperate meeting as at a Nappicino it can be difficult to focus)

Thanks

Karen :D

Minty
TNN oracle

Post by Minty » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:15 am

Ooh Karen I don't know how I can help but would be keen to get involved.

Regards a meeting, if we have to really concentrate (which I guess we do) then an evening would suit me best as I would leave DD home with DH (or we could have a meeting here?)
Nic
Two funny, gorgeous DDs.

The art of living is more like wrestling than dancing. — Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

Going button-crazy here. http://www.buttonsbybenji.blogspot.com/

Kaz
TNN guru

Post by Kaz » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:47 am

Have to say I'm not too keen on an evening as I turn into a pumpkin around 7.30. :lol:

I definitely need to work on more sleep!

I don't think you need to concentrate too hard - more like focus on the topic, rather than catching up.

Any good ideas would be fab, as well as ideas for venues for activities. One minor snag is most schools are on holiday for part of that week and some the whole week. Anzac day is the Tuesday which rules it out for any activities.

Karen

LemonNZ
TNN guru

Post by LemonNZ » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:00 pm

I can plan just can't be there to help out at a stall so you are still welcome to use my house to meet at next week for planning and we could do the nappicino here the following week.

Let me know.

In fact TELL ME WHAT TO DO :-P Next week our only appointment is Friday morning.

Michelle

Virgenia
TNN convert

Post by Virgenia » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:10 pm

Hope I can help out. I live out of town and usually only come into town one day a week - so not in an evening and plenty of notice for a meeting would be good for me

Minty
TNN oracle

Post by Minty » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:24 pm

Well obviously I'm the only evening gadabout here!! (Actually not that much of a gadabout, but I quite like going out after 7.30 - when I know DD is asleep for the night - and leaving DH in charge, makes me feel quite carefree for a couple of hours :wink: )

But daytimes are fine with me too. What days would you be planning to come to town Virginia, maybe that would be a good starting point as you're out of town?
Nic
Two funny, gorgeous DDs.

The art of living is more like wrestling than dancing. — Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:06 pm

I'm keen to help out too. I'm available for a day time planning meeting.
Ideas-wise: I have contacts at Plains FM, community access radio station, so am happy to do any promoting there - i.e. community notices. I could also do an interview with someone from TNN about TNN. It would to to air on the Saturday morning show, Women on Air, on from 10am till 12 noon. I need a bit of notice to get organised so can someone tell me when Real nappy week is (excuse the ignorance).
Cheers Libby

Kaz
TNN guru

Post by Kaz » Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:31 pm

Hi Libby

Good to hear from you!!!

RNW runs from 24 -30 April.

Karen

Virgenia
TNN convert

Post by Virgenia » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:04 pm

Apart from tomorrow (which is full up) I am next in town on Friday 24th - but can come in twice that week (probably tuesday), and any day the week after that. :)

LemonNZ
TNN guru

Post by LemonNZ » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:41 pm

How does Tuesday the 21st sound for a planning meeting?

I live just off Russley Rd so those heading in from North or South Canterbury are not then having to travel across town also.

Because a lot have school drop offs how does 9.30am sound? That way we have a while before those that have morning knidy pick ups need to be back on the road.

Kaz
TNN guru

Post by Kaz » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:50 pm

Sounds great Michelle.

South City have confirmed we can have a static display for the week and a 'demo table' for Wednesday 26th. We will of course need volunteers to talk to lovely potential converts :twisted:

He he the best bit is it is free!!!!!

So any ideas would be good, I'm thinking posters, TNN pamphlets, photos etc.

Karen

Minty
TNN oracle

Post by Minty » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:06 pm

Tuesday 21st is fine by me. I'll await a PM of address details :P

Looking forward to meeting those of you whom I haven't yet met!

Thanks Michelle.
Nic
Two funny, gorgeous DDs.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:11 pm

Tues 21st good for me too. What time?
Michelle, could you PM me your address. I've forgotten it! (ONe day my brain will reappear in it's former glory!!)
Cheers, Libby

Joelypockets
TNN addict

Post by Joelypockets » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:13 pm

:D Tuesday 21st at Michelles suits me down to the ground. Could someone just put a gentle reminder on here on Monday sometime. I am really useless with dates and appointments!
http://www.joel-ezenaps.co.nz
Andrea - Mother of 3
CJ 20/6/96
CM 25/2/99
JA 9/10/03

Virgenia
TNN convert

Post by Virgenia » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:51 pm

see you all at Michelles at 9:30 on Tuesday

Return to “Archived - Real Nappy Week 2006”