Tauranga RNW event?

mum2max
TNN convert

Tauranga RNW event?

Post by mum2max » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:31 pm

Hello

I thought I'd post and see if there is any interest in organising an event for RNW in Tauranga?

I've organised to have a RNW display at Waihi library and am talking to Katikati library as well. Not too sure at this point exactly what's going to go into the display........but there's a bit of time to work on that.

One thing that would be great would be to be able to advertise in the display an event that interested people could come along to. For last year's RNW, I think that Sarah & Melissa organised a nappy event for a Saturday morning.

So, any interest from others in getting something up & running? Any comments from last year's experience?

Cheerio

Paula
Mum to Max (11.11.04) and Oscar (13.12.05)
www.nappydays.co.nz

mum2max
TNN convert

Post by mum2max » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:00 pm

OK, so no interest in running an event in Tauranga. Not to worry.

I've organised for us to have library displays at Waihi & Katikati libraries. Tauranga library changed their policies at the end of last year and it doesn't look like we can have a display there.

I've posted both of these events on the realnappyweek yahoo group NZ events list.

Closer to the date, I'll try and get some interest from local newspapers in RNW06 and TNN.

Cheerio

Paula
Mum to Max (11.11.04) and Oscar (13.12.05)
www.nappydays.co.nz

legz
TNN guru

Post by legz » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:36 pm

Sorry, I didnt see your original post :(
I'm not sure if anyone else has planned anything? Sorry, I dont feel like I have time to organise anything myself, but wouldnt mind helping out if anyone else wants to.
Sounds lazy I know, but thats just how it is at the moment :?
Lesley

charlotte
TNN nerd

Post by charlotte » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:09 pm

I would be keen to help out but being a newbie here I would not like to organise anything but keen like Legz to help.

smileeah
TNN nerd

Post by smileeah » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:28 am

I'm sorry I didn't reply to this thread sooner. I have been extra busy lately and just didn't want to add anything else to my plate, but that is no excuse to avoid it altogether. Like Lesley, I am keen to help out with things but not in a position to organise anything.

I have been thinking of running a couple of RNW auctions on TM. If anyone else in my area is keen to do the same I don't mind taking charge of that (ie. send stuff to me, I'll auction it, collect money then donate to TNN, post out, etc).
PM me if anyone is keen, or you could all run your own auctions and we'll just post a record of what we are doing in this (or a new) thread?

Not sure what I am auctioning yet, might have to buy something from a lovely WAHM, doesn't look like I'll get to do some sewing for a while yet...
Melissa.

Mum to three boys - 7yrs, 5yrs & 4yrs!

Return to “Archived - Real Nappy Week 2006”