Wellington

Claire
TNN oracle

Wellington

Post by Claire » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:06 am

OK
we are not the most on-to-it city... the wind here makes us tired :lol:

BUT we thought that as we have some awesomely talented sewers and knitters we would do a special RNW "pack" to put on TM

We did think we would do an public nappicino but didnt quite get the specifics organised yet - who wants to be in charge of that???

I am thinking newborn/small???? what do you think ladies?

Pookee
TNN guru

Post by Pookee » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:18 am

I'll ring around for a venue if ya want :) Would people prefer city or hutt? and day or evening?
Mel

Claire
TNN oracle

Post by Claire » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:27 am

on ya Mel!!!
I cant really do evenings, but dont worry too much about me it thats the pref :D
or Saturday morning? (just to really confuse the issue..)
no worries with area here

snugglebumz
TNN nerd

Post by snugglebumz » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:44 am

i have spoken to the playgroup i attend (has quite a few people attending) and we can set up a table there. the days the playgoup is on is tuesday, wednesday, and friday. so if anyone is interested let me know. i'm planning on making some of my trainers and some nappies but if anyone has some fitted or aio's or anyothers they want to show , help would be appreciated.

if you want a place in the hutt - what about using queensgate with a couple of tables in the main walking areas? just an idea

during the day would be better for me also

ruth

Judy
TNN nerd

Post by Judy » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:15 am

Was intending to make something for sale for RNW, so happy to be part of a group effort Claire. Maybe I'll bring another piece of PUL up for you to embroider something cool on... :D
[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2106/2186177705_c42a1388d3_m.jpg[/img] Hip and Side Snap patterns in newborn through extra large for sale by request.

Claire
TNN oracle

Post by Claire » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:39 am

cool, cheers Judy! :D

were you thinking of having a display at your playgroup Mumto3? At the rate I'm getting nappies dry atm I just dont have any to spare sorry :shock: .. dont think we have a welly demo kit yet either so no help on that front
Was queensgate for the nappicino?

snugglebumz
TNN nerd

Post by snugglebumz » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:50 am

i was thinking more of a display of what MCN can be, as most people think of cottonflats and pins, not sure of a place for a public nappicino.

I am thinking of having a display at St columbus playgroup in naenae- all i need is the dates for RNW so i can speak to the organiser of the playgroup.

Pookee
TNN guru

Post by Pookee » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:00 pm

I'm thinking somewhere central would be good for a public nappucino, though my community centre in Maungaraki does have a very good child friendly supper room (and the outside area to play in is fully fenced with childproof gates).

I'll call some of my contacts from events days and see if we could get something :P
Mel

stripeycat
TNN nerd

Post by stripeycat » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:11 pm

My sewing is not really for public consumption...I could knit? or I have fabrics I can donate if someone wants to do the sewing?...or I'm an absolute expert at microfleece liners :smt044

As for other stuff, I have heaps of different brands/varieties of nappies (and my girls can wear pinned flats for a few days if they need too!) of you need some to show. Evenings are better for me, but that really depends on the day....maybe we could do two - one am and one pm? or is that being tooooo keen for us :roll:
Megan, crazy lunch lady and mum to 5 gorgeous girls.

Pookee
TNN guru

Post by Pookee » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:47 am

I tihnk I have it sussed guys - I have foudn a venue in Cornwall Street, Lower Hutt (for free) which I'm gonna check out for suitability and have tentatively booked it for the Thursday afternoon from 1 - 3pm.

Another place that I've seen which I personally think will be more suitable for containing littlies and is family friendly is the Community House in Petone. The room is $15 to hire for 2 hours and I'm happy to cover that as my contribution. Gonna talk to the lady today about it.

Both venues are easily accessible by public transport (the Lower Hutt one is just round the corner from the Queensgate bus terminal and the Petone one is less than 200m from the Jackson Street Bus Stop which the buses from Wellington and Lower Hutt stop at. Also the Petone one has LOTS of car park access (2 free car parks within a stones throw)

I picked Thursday afternoon as the time as last Thursday seemed to work for a number of folks getting to Claire's place...if there's a more suitable time let me know and I can change the booking.

Will let you know what the final location is by the end of tomorrow anyway.
Mel

Sharonnz
TNN guru

Post by Sharonnz » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:58 am

That's awesome! Thanks Mel.

We will have a demo kit by then too!! Thanks so much, CC!!

As for the TM auction pack, I can do a fitted, a cover, a pocket or some knitting. I think it would be good to have one of everything. Newborn/small would be good.

Jump in & volunteer or disagree or whatever...
Fitteds: Sharon?
Pockets: Claire & Judy?
AIO: ??
Covers: Rebecca from Diapers Deluxe and/or Sharon?
Bottomline Longies: Rachel;-)
Wet bag: ??
Wipes: ??
Roll of liners: ??
What else: ??

Sharon

Happy@home
TNN nerd

Post by Happy@home » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:30 am

Sharonnz wrote:Covers: Rebecca from Diapers Deluxe and/or Sharon?

As it so happens Sharon I cut out 3 covers last night size small green MM fleece anyway started adding FOE in black but realised only have white loop. So covers won't look very asethetic? GBs are out of small size black loop.

What do you think?
Rebecca, HE mum to ds 17, ds16, dd 14, dd 12, dd 11, ds 9, ds 7, ds 6, dd 4, ds 2yo and due April mid '15

kiwi101
TNN nerd

Post by kiwi101 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:36 am

i'll do longies, but have a 'voucher' rather than the real thing, then the winner can choose from 2 diff varigateds (girly, or unisex/boy)

sound ok??
The Kiwis

I am a typo just WAITING to happen...

we are manic, mellow, average, exceptional, independant, reliant on each other, tired, full of energy...

caffiene is NOT my friend, neither is sugar... But that hasn't stopped me yet ...

Happy@home
TNN nerd

Post by Happy@home » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:36 am

while I think of it too, can I send a wgtn sewer a cool piece of pooh pul, had it for ages ...but I think it would make the RNW pack more enticing!!

I just don't have time for it.
Rebecca, HE mum to ds 17, ds16, dd 14, dd 12, dd 11, ds 9, ds 7, ds 6, dd 4, ds 2yo and due April mid '15

Judy
TNN nerd

Post by Judy » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:49 am

Where in Wellington are you Rebecca? I could sew up the PUL, and I also "think" I have some black loop at home...
[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2106/2186177705_c42a1388d3_m.jpg[/img] Hip and Side Snap patterns in newborn through extra large for sale by request.

Return to “Archived - Real Nappy Week 2006”