WATCH TV 3 tonight

fnk
TNN nerd

Post by fnk » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:03 pm

I missed it - bother! but yay go Karen and Keishana. :smt041 :smt041
where is the link you can see it?
I just got the article off my parents that was in the press too - quoting the famous Karen again =D>
- We go away on holiday and come back to a brave new world finally talking about nappies. 8)
Fiona S
Lucy 12/4/05 & Tristan 10/6/07

jo-mangee
TNN convert

"Sponsored by Huggies"

Post by jo-mangee » Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:25 am

The plunket lady was ridiculous, they should have had a flashing light over her head saying "sponsored by huggies"!!

So true. As for link. Google is Your Friend, but I think i have a Quicktime clip of it. 7Mb or so.
Jo

Casper
TNN nerd

Post by Casper » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:01 am

I put a copy of the article up on my website, link on the other thread, but here it is for you guys too :)

http://www.ficklingnz.net/photos/v/Eco-Nappies.wmv.html

It's around 4mb so be patient if you don't have broadband.
Nicole

fnk
TNN nerd

Post by fnk » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:26 am

cheers Casper I found the other thread and the link - awesome.
I know google is my friend.. sorry was too impatient and excited :roll:
It is so cool the response from the media compared to real nappy week last year - I may be being optimistic but it really feels like the message is beginning to be understood by the wider community.
I am looking forward to seeing the disposable corporations response.....then we'll really know we are starting to get somewhere.

Fiona S
Lucy 12/4/05 & Tristan 10/6/07

nova
TNN oracle

Post by nova » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:42 am

my dad is a manager for treasures and tbh, they really aren't worried.. their customer base is so huge even if we converted another 2000 people this rnw, it would hardly make a blip on their radar... :roll: huggies even more so cos Kimberly Clark is a US corporation and they have over 90% of the nappy market in the US & australia, and approx 49% here.. treasures have about 49.5% here... :roll:

BUT that just shows how many potential cloth converts are out there! :smt047

oh and last time my dad was here i told him about how i had started sewing nappies, and he said "what, you mean hemming them...?" (meaning flats, even though he had been cuddling bub in a FB) so i proceded to give him & his wife a demonstration of my new hemp & microfibre fitted! :twisted: mwahahaha!
:star:

dodgums
TNN guru

Post by dodgums » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:56 am

nova wrote:oh and last time my dad was here i told him about how i had started sewing nappies, and he said "what, you mean hemming them...?" (meaning flats, even though he had been cuddling bub in a FB) so i proceded to give him & his wife a demonstration of my new hemp & microfibre fitted! :twisted: mwahahaha!

Well done!!!!!!
Mum to G 21yrs, B 20yr, B 14yrs, G 12yrs, G 9yrs, B 7yrs, B 5yrs and wife to a great dh

jo-mangee
TNN convert

giyf

Post by jo-mangee » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:52 am

fnk wrote:I know google is my friend.. sorry was too impatient and excited

I meant that in the nicest possible way...
I hadn't seen the other thread, but had seen the video as linked, but read the comment about "posting copies of movies was bad" so i thought i'd let the owner of the clip post a direct link to it.

It's a good little story.
Jo

jo-mangee
TNN convert

misconceptions of mcns

Post by jo-mangee » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:54 am

nova wrote:oh and last time my dad was here i told him about how i had started sewing nappies, and he said "what, you mean hemming them...?" (meaning flats, even though he had been cuddling bub in a FB) so i proceded to give him & his wife a demonstration of my new hemp & microfibre fitted! :twisted: mwahahaha!

Theres a lot of misconceptions.. both about what "real" nappies are, and how easy they are to use. the washing machine does the extra work.. right? ;)
Jo

Return to “Archived - Real Nappy Week 2006”